PDA

View Full Version : hey Clump

Bert102176
03-30-2007, 02:06 PM
quick question with the comp. picks next year trades don't count right with McGahee and Spikes we'll only get them for losing Fletcher and Clements? or would we get any Cause we signed some OL guys

Dr. Lecter
03-30-2007, 02:09 PM
There is a formula for that. Basically, a team generally needs to lose more guys than they sign. Right now the Bills have lost Nate and London while signing three. Once Gandy signs elsewhere it will help.

And this is only for FA's whose contracts expired. Cut players (i.e. Reyes) do no effect the compensation picks.

Bert102176
03-30-2007, 02:13 PM
ok ty, that sucks cause the Talent we brought in is no where close to what we lost

Throne Logic
03-30-2007, 02:42 PM
That also goes for Spikes. Buffalo is not entitled to compensation for traded talent.

ddaryl
03-30-2007, 03:32 PM
ok ty, that sucks cause the Talent we brought in is no where close to what we lost

?????

Not true.

Clements was very good but not 80 mil great. We got a very good LG in Dockery.

Fletcher was very good, but came up a tad short at penetrating the backfield and making stops for no gain or a loss. We signed another pair of OL one with excellent special teams abilities, the other an excellent depth move with starter potential.

We traded McGahee for 2 3rd rd picks, we did well here, but no compensation for a trade.

We traded Spikes and Holcomb for a very good DT and a 2nd day draft pick in 2008 I believe. We did well here too.

By compensation formulas we probably will get a pick just based on the fact that SF paid Clements a lot of friggin money, and Washington was kind to Fletcher.

BILLSROCK1212
03-30-2007, 07:59 PM
i think we will recieve a 7th or 6th rounder next year if we dont add Briggs

clumping platelets
03-30-2007, 10:21 PM
Players that count are only players that are UFAs because of contract expiration. Players traded or released/waived do not count in the formula. This last point is vwery important to understand......this is how teams like the Pats work. They lose UFAs but signed vets previously released by other teams. They then get comp picks

just to make sure people understand......at this point, Bills will NOT qualify for comp picks next year

Bert102176
03-30-2007, 10:26 PM
ty guys