• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BILLSROCK1212
    !?!?!?!?!?
    • Mar 2006

SCOUT.COM RUMOR: Bills propose trade for Lance Briggs

2 new teams interested in Briggs - The Bidding wars begin

According to Scout.com Angelo wants more from the Skins and two new teams have made offers
    Here's the latest according to Pauline's sources:
    Angelo trying to get more out of the Redskins
    The trade offer on the table would send Briggs and the Bears' first-round draft pick – No. 31 overall – to Washington in exchange for the Redskins first-rounder at No. 6. Briggs' representative, Drew Rosenhaus, has been running his mouth to anyone who will listen that this is a good move for both teams, but Angelo is not about to let an agent and a disgruntled player force his hand. According to Pauline, Angelo is also asking for linebacker Rocky McIntosh, Washington's second-round selection a year ago, to sweeten the pot.
    McIntosh would be an instant replacement for Briggs and the Redskins actually traded up last year to get him, but owner Daniel Snyder has been know to away draft picks like Kleenex.
    Bills need to replace Spikes and Fletcher-Baker
    Buffalo has been very active in the trade market this offseason, sending tailback Willis McGahee to Baltimore for a slew of draft picks before packaging linebacker Takeo Spikes and quarterback Kelly Holcomb to Philadelphia for defensive tackle Darwin Walker. Linebacker London Fletcher-Baker left for the aforementioned Redskins via free agency, so the Bills have major holes to fill at that position. Pauline has learned that Buffalo is offering their pick in the first round – No. 12 overall – to the Bears for Briggs, although Angelo would have to include another selection in return for that deal to happen.

This potential trade could pick up some steam because Buffalo is coached by former Bears front man Dick Jauron, who Briggs played for as a rookie.
    Giants also in need of serious help at linebacker
    New York currently has openings at both outside linebacker positions, having cut both LaVar Arrington and Carlos Emmons in the offseason. Antonio Pierce is the only `backer the G-Men have with a legitimate NFL resume, plus their defense was absolutely ravaged by injuries last season. Pauline reports that the Giants have offered their spot in Round 1 – No. 20 overall – to the Bears for the durable Briggs, although this deal would technically have less appeal than the other two according to the draft value chart.
    Angelo would probably much rather pick 20th in the first round as opposed to 6th or 12th because of the money involved, but New York will have to offer more for this swap to happen.
  • Carlton Bailey

Re: ****Bills propose trade for Lance Briggs!!!!****

We're offering our first pick??? I knew Levy loved Briggs, but wow.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
      • Jul 2002

Is Briggs really that good?

Comment

• Ed
        Dude
        • Sep 2002

Interesting. And everyone thought the Briggs option was dead.

If we could land Briggs and Turner and still keep a couple first day picks, I'd be pretty happy with that.

Comment

• Mudflap1
          Next Question!
          • Nov 2004

This would be hot!!! Yes, Briggs is that good.

Jon

Comment

• Ed
            Dude
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Carlton Bailey
            We're offering our first pick??? I knew Levy loved Briggs, but wow.
            Well it says they'd have to throw in a pick too. Maybe Briggs and Chicago's 3rd for the #12?

Comment

• ddaryl
              Everything I post is sexual inuendo
              • Jan 2005

I wouldn't complain.

Comment

• BILLSROCK1212
                !?!?!?!?!?
                • Mar 2006

id love that! then trade our 2nd for Turner and if we don't package up a couple picks and move into the late first round although depending on how the Bills look at it it may not be necessary....the reason the Bears would like our offer more than the 'Skins is because we aren't asking for their first rounder in return (hopefully) we are asking for a 2nd-5th round pcik

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Seriously, I would LOVE this move. It gives up our best draft pick, but it also fills our biggest immediate hole. We can get an RB in the 2nd or 3rd round, and we would no longer be dependent on Willis being on the board to have a good LB corps this year.

And according to the cap article posted here earlier, we have $20 million in cap room, so we wouldn't have to hose our future cap to get him.

We'd still need LB depth, but that can be found later in the draft.

That being said, I'll be shocked if this offer gets accepted.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Night Train
                    Retired - On Several Levels
                    • Jul 2005

Someone posted comments a while back from Biggs, stating his incredible admiration and loyalty to Jauron. Briggs LOVES Jauron and would like being here.

Very interesting. I'm loving this off-season.
                    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by BILLSROCK1212
                      id love that! then trade our 2nd for Turner and if we don't package up a couple picks and move into the late first round although depending on how the Bills look at it it may not be necessary
                      no way we get turner and Briggs- if we actually pull this trade off, I say use the 2nd on an RB.

Also, we can always get someone like Brown or Corey Dillon as a stopgap and draft an RB next year. It's not the greatest solution but it will be good enough to be competitive.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• patmoran2006
                        Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                        • Dec 2005

Do the math..

College prospect at #12 vs a PROVEN NFL PRO BOWLER..

I would make this trade in a second.. briggs is better than anybody we possibly draft at #12... He'd be the most talented LB this team has had since Cornelius Bennett.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Carlton Bailey

I said in a post here when the offseason began that Briggs would be a Bill at some point. Hopefully, I'm right, and I don't even get paid to make fearless predictions. Watch out, John Clayton. Carlton Bailey's coming.

Comment

• Philagape
                            WIN NOW
                            • Jul 2002

Who the hell is Pauline?
                            "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                            2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Night Train
                              Retired - On Several Levels
                              • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Night Train
                              Someone posted comments a while back from Biggs, stating his incredible admiration and loyalty to Jauron. Briggs LOVES Jauron and would like being here.

Very interesting. I'm loving this off-season.
                              Found it !

Cincinnati Bengals News: The official source of the latest Bengals headlines, news, key matchups, and more.

“I played for Dick Jauron,” said Briggs of his rookie season. “I always thought Dick Jauron was a great coach. I liked playing for him.

Hello !
                              Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

Working...
                              X