PDA

View Full Version : Could you imagine?

patmoran2006
03-30-2007, 05:08 PM
Our 12th pick overall for Lance Briggs..
Our 2nd rounder for Michael Turner.

Piss on anyone who wouldnt like that.. You put Turner and Briggs on this team, (who are both still young by the way) and this team becomes a legitimate AFC East contender TOMMOROW. Both those guys are just entering their prime. no 2-3 year rookie developments.

We'd still have a pair of thirds to maybe draft the best WR and CB available... marv also did a great job on day two of the draft last year..

Holy ****.. A Pro Bowl LB and potentially the next Priest Holmes at RB.. That would be flippin SWEET and shut up every critic who says we havent done **** this off-season.

THATHURMANATOR
03-30-2007, 05:08 PM
I wouldnt complain that is for sure.

patmoran2006
03-30-2007, 05:10 PM
i dont see how anyone could.. Turner and Briggs would be HUGE assets to this team, and that would officially make us (along with Dockery) better than the team that finished last season...

And its not like we wouldnt have a draft.. Look at the guys Marv took in rounds three and beyond last year.. 4 solid contributors

Mr. Pink
03-30-2007, 05:11 PM
I am complaining. We are building our team through the draft.

THATHURMANATOR
03-30-2007, 05:11 PM
agreed.

Carlton Bailey
03-30-2007, 05:15 PM
We would win the AFC East. Seriously.

I'd build a Marv statue.

patmoran2006
03-30-2007, 05:16 PM
Lance Briggs needs NO adjustments, he already plays in a cover two..

And Michael Turner is the real deal, and IMO better than any second tier RB prospect. You dont avg 6 ypg by accident, I dont care what team you play for.

patmoran2006
03-30-2007, 05:17 PM
We would win the AFC East. Seriously.

I'd build a Marv statue.
I dont know about that.. but you put Briggs and Turner on this team and a lot more people are going to be worried as **** about playing us.

Carlton Bailey
03-30-2007, 05:18 PM
Lance Briggs needs NO adjustments, he already plays in a cover two..

And Michael Turner is the real deal, and IMO better than any second tier RB prospect. You dont avg 6 ypg by accident, I dont care what team you play for.

Lance Briggs would be an all-out warrior playing for two guys he has immense respect for, Jauron and Levy. Turner, meanwhile, is a freak of nature: 5-11, 237, runs a 4.4.

I would sign up to trade for both of these guys right now.

patmoran2006
03-30-2007, 05:19 PM
We're all excited now..

and come APril 29th our new starters are going to be Palsy Posluszny and Kenny Irons :(

T-Long
03-30-2007, 05:20 PM
Piss on anyone who wouldnt like that..

hahaha classic

Carlton Bailey
03-30-2007, 05:21 PM
We're all excited now..

and come APril 29th our new starters are going to be Palsy Posluszny and Kenny Irons :(

In the end, you'll probably be right. It's nice to dream, though.

Ed
03-30-2007, 05:21 PM
I'm not normally a fan of trading draft picks for players, but I wouldn't complain at all. Drafting Peterson or Willis would be sweet, but they'd still be rookies.

With Briggs and Turner we could have a lot of guys all hitting their primes at similar times.

I bet it's possible we could even squeeze an extra pick out of the Bears to go along with Briggs.

Maybe we could even keep our 2nd and give the Chargers are 3rd's from the Ravens for Turner.

Ed
03-30-2007, 05:23 PM
We're all excited now..

I just laughed so hard, but the truth is I want to cry because it's true.

I'm getting so excited about the idea of having Briggs and Turner that now it can't possibly happen.

Philagape
03-30-2007, 05:31 PM
IF it happens, it would send the clear signal that rebuilding is crap and they mean to win now.

justasportsfan
03-30-2007, 06:09 PM
... marv also did a great job on day two of the draft last year..

are you flip-flopping again? :D

RedEyE
03-30-2007, 06:15 PM
The Briggs thing isn't even proven yet.

patmoran2006
03-30-2007, 06:18 PM
are you flip-flopping again? :D
When have I EVER criticized anything Marv did on day two of the draft? I never have.. once

jamesiscool
03-30-2007, 06:27 PM
When have I EVER criticized anything Marv did on day two of the draft? I never have.. once

ive been keeping close tabs on u pat LOL jk man. but you have never said one bad thing about marvs job on day 2 of the draft.

patmoran2006
03-30-2007, 06:28 PM
ive been keeping close tabs on u pat LOL jk man. but you have never said one bad thing about marvs job on day 2 of the draft. marv did a better job on day two of the draft than he did on day one.. which is both awesome, and sad.

jamesiscool
03-30-2007, 06:33 PM
marv did a better job on day two of the draft than he did on day one.. which is both awesome, and sad.

very true pat.

Now we know why marv didn't bring in any other FA LB's or RB's. he was biding his time and waiting to see the market cool off so he could propose a trade on the bills terms and not get stuck in a bidding war.

patmoran2006
03-30-2007, 06:36 PM
With both briggs and turner..

I'll bet anything its not a matter if the draft picks are worth it.. This team is too young.. Obviously they are. Briggs is a million times better than Pos/Timmons/Beason whomever as our first LB, and Turner the same with Pittman/Irons/etc..

And unlike those rookies, Turner and/or Briggs will be the "man" from day ONE.

Its purely a question if Wilson is willing to pay the high salaries it takes to lock one or both of them down to a long term deal.

BILLSROCK1212
03-30-2007, 07:44 PM
With both briggs and turner..

I'll bet anything its not a matter if the draft picks are worth it.. This team is too young.. Obviously they are. Briggs is a million times better than Pos/Timmons/Beason whomever as our first LB, and Turner the same with Pittman/Irons/etc..

And unlike those rookies, Turner and/or Briggs will be the "man" from day ONE.

Its purely a question if Wilson is willing to pay the high salaries it takes to lock one or both of them down to a long term deal.we need players that will be THE MAN which is why I really like these trades and i like them even more because these players come from winning organizations....infact every player we have added this offseason has a pretty decent amount of playoff experience

Bert102176
03-30-2007, 11:01 PM
wake up neitherare that good they benefitted from their supporting cast

clumping platelets
03-30-2007, 11:03 PM
Our 12th pick overall for Lance Briggs..
Our 2nd rounder for Michael Turner.

If this happens, no sense in having a draft party :sadwalk:

camelcowboy
03-30-2007, 11:13 PM
If this happens, no sense in having a draft party :sadwalk:

We'll rename it the bills may actually be a contender party :up:

camelcowboy
03-30-2007, 11:29 PM
Guys lets not make a mistake here the reason now we are starting to see the bills name in these moves is Ralph is now happy with this new revenue sharing plan. Maybe now Ralph will open up the pocket book a little for one of these two. Pipe dream both. If we get briggs and then turner there will be a run on tickets for the bills. It would be like the bledsoe move in my mind. Bledsoe ended up sucking but he generated alot of buzz and money. I think Briggs/turner could do the same for the bills.

Michael82
03-31-2007, 12:47 AM
IF we get BOTH guys, and give up our 1st and 2nd rounders, I wouldn't mind at all because Briggs is only 26 and Turner is only 25. Both of them are very much in their prime and would fill two HUGE holes right now. Both of them along with our 3rd rounders will help fill the holes on this team and make us a legitimate contender right now! I bet both of those guys would even convince local Bills fans that Marv is serious and wants to win. This would get Ralph more money as people would start lining up for Bills season tickets again. :up:

Michael82
03-31-2007, 12:49 AM
I was always thinking all along that Marv and Jauron were drooling over Lance Briggs. I have a feeling that he would have been here at midnight on March 2nd if he wasn't tagged. I have no doubt about that. That's why I could see this happening. And I pray that it does. :pray: