PDA

View Full Version : Value Comparison for Briggs

Throne Logic
03-30-2007, 05:41 PM
Kirwan at NFL network: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/10095969

If the Bears were to accept the offer from the Redskins to swap first-round picks for Lance Briggs, it basically puts Briggs' value at the same level as Matt Schaub. The Redskins have draft spot No. 6, which is worth 1,600 points. The Bears have spot No. 31, which is worth 600 points. The difference is 1,000 points, or the value of the 16th spot in the draft.

Makes the #12 seem like a better offer, eh?

Ed
03-30-2007, 05:44 PM
Yes, which is why the Bears should have to throw in a pick too.

Throne Logic
03-30-2007, 05:48 PM
Why fight the battle? While we dink around with trying to squeeze more out of the Bears, Washington might just decide to go straight up with the #6. Most people would be happy if Buffalo drafted a single prospect player from college with the #12. One pick for one player. Why not just get this done and be assured of a long time starter at the LB position?

Ed
03-30-2007, 05:53 PM
Why fight the battle? While we dink around with trying to squeeze more out of the Bears, Washington might just decide to go straight up with the #6. Most people would be happy if Buffalo drafted a single prospect player from college with the #12. One pick for one player. Why not just get this done and be assured of a long time starter at the LB position?
Yeah, I wouldn't be opposed to taking Briggs straight up for the #12, but an extra pick would be a nice bonus and I don't think an unreasonable request.

Mr. Miyagi
03-30-2007, 06:24 PM
Our #12 pick is worth 1200 pts, 200 pts over what Washington has to offer.

If Chicago throws in their first 3rd, which is at 93 for 128 pts, it's still better than the Washington deal.

patmoran2006
03-30-2007, 06:27 PM
Forget the numbers...

We need a quality cover two LB BADLY...

Lance Briggs is the guy.. You trade your first rounder for him, and YOU DONT THINK TWICE about it!!! NO fancy intimate details.. Just trade the ****ing pick for a Pro Bowl calibre Cover two LB!!!

You want PROOF that the chart values shouldnt mean ****??

Look at our own BZ little mock draft.. Paul ****ing Posluszny is going to end up being our mock pick.

Lance Briggs vs Paulie Posluszny.. You make up your mind, and it should take all of 1.4 seconds.

Mr. Miyagi
03-30-2007, 07:33 PM
Pat you have the habit of latching on one thing and go all in with it.

Vernon Davis, Patrick Willis, Marshawn Lynch, Lance Briggs, and I lost count who else. Every one of them seemed to be "OMG THE SKY IS FALLING WITHOUT HIM! DRAFT/TRADE FOR HIM NOW!!!"

You got a medical problem or what?

BILLSROCK1212
03-30-2007, 07:39 PM
Pat you have the habit of latching on one thing and go all in with it.

Vernon Davis, Patrick Willis, Marshawn Lynch, Lance Briggs, and I lost count who else. Every one of them seemed to be "OMG THE SKY IS FALLING WITHOUT HIM! DRAFT/TRADE FOR HIM NOW!!!"

You got a medical problem or what?one guy we haven't been talking about who I really like is Darrelle Revis

Nighthawk
03-30-2007, 08:42 PM
one guy we haven't been talking about who I really like is Darrelle Revis

No DB's in the 1st round...we need a RB or LB.