PDA

View Full Version : Sirius specualting that Turner will be a Bill.

HHURRICANE
03-30-2007, 05:52 PM
Possible scenarios discussed:

1) Just swapping first rounders which San Diego would be interested in.

2) Our 2nd and the 3rd from Baltimore for Turner. More likely.

Did he really have 6 yards a carry on a 150 touches? That's 900 yards? That can't be right but thats the numbers they were throwing out there. The first half hour on Afternoon Blitz was dedicated to Michael Turner in Buffalo!!

Philagape
03-30-2007, 05:54 PM
Thank you for phrasing the thread title appropriately

The Answer
03-30-2007, 05:57 PM

Did he really have 6 yards a carry on a 150 touches? That's 900 yards? That can't be right but thats the numbers they were throwing out there. The first half hour on Afternoon Blitz was dedicated to Michael Turner in Buffalo!!

Michael Turner = The Rob Johnson of RB's

Either one of those options would be getting ripped off - the guy has played limited duty behind one of the best players in the history of the NFL and one of the best olines in the NFL.

But honestly given this front offices history of shoddy dealings - don't be surprised one bit if this happens.

~The Answer

Carlton Bailey
03-30-2007, 05:59 PM
Answer,

If Turner were going to the Patriots, you'd be slobbering all over him.

I, for one, would love to acquire him.

justasportsfan
03-30-2007, 06:04 PM
Michael Turner = The Rob Johnson of RB's

Either one of those options would be getting ripped off - the guy has played limited duty behind one of the best players in the history of the NFL and one of the best olines in the NFL.

But honestly given this front offices history of shoddy dealings - don't be surprised one bit if this happens.

~The Answer
and Holcomb is ....well.... Holcomb of qb's. Career back up who has since been demoted to 3rd string

BILLSROCK1212
03-30-2007, 06:06 PM
this thread is making me really wanna just run around the house screaming....get it done Marv! I hope we swap firsts....then if we can get Briggs even though swapping firsts would hurt our chances this would be our best offseason ever!!!!

The Answer
03-30-2007, 06:07 PM
Answer,

If Turner were going to the Patriots, you'd be slobbering all over him.

I, for one, would love to acquire him.

Who cares about the Pats, but rest assured they are a world class front office for a reason and would never make a lopsided deal like this.

The Answer would rather have Turner than the garbage we currently have on the depth chart - but not for this pricetag.

~The Answer

Forward_Lateral
03-30-2007, 06:08 PM
I hope Marv doesn't give up a 2nd and a 3rd for him.

Mudflap1
03-30-2007, 06:13 PM
Michael Turner 80 502 6.3 73 2 0 0

Good stats.

Jon

Devin
03-30-2007, 06:15 PM

Nice catch man.

Id be happy in either scenario. But id be MORE happy to keep the 1st and grab one of those prime D players. Can you imagine landing Willis AND Turner?

:pray:

jamesiscool
03-30-2007, 06:29 PM
Nice catch man.

Id be happy in either scenario. But id be MORE happy to keep the 1st and grab one of those prime D players. Can you imagine landing Willis AND Turner?

:pray:

or briggs and turner? thats a nice day one if u ask me.

Generalissimus Gibby
03-30-2007, 06:29 PM
I actually kind of have to agree somewhat with Answer here. Turner usually played in garbage time after LT had worn out opposing defenses but hey he could also be like that kid the Steelers have at RB who had his coming out party against us back in 2004 in a game many of us would like to forget. I trust in the Marv and so I'll take the wait and see approach.

patmoran2006
03-30-2007, 06:33 PM
Turner could be the next Priest Holmes..

How many RB's you know built like a truck that runs a 4.4

IF you want to be a championship team you gotta take some chances.

BILLSROCK1212
03-30-2007, 06:34 PM
I actually kind of have to agree somewhat with Answer here. Turner usually played in garbage time after LT had worn out opposing defenses but hey he could also be like that kid the Steelers have at RB who had his coming out party against us back in 2004 in a game many of us would like to forget. I trust in the Marv and so I'll take the wait and see approach.ahhhh....u reminded me that was the most heartbraking game since the beginning of the new millenium

YardRat
03-30-2007, 06:40 PM

I'd do either one of those, as long as we stayed in the first round.

HHURRICANE
03-30-2007, 07:13 PM
Ohhh, I forgot. 245 pounds and ran a 4.45 at his combine. That, to me, seems like a Dick Jauron kind of player. Could you imagine the pounding tandem of him and Atrain.

BILLSROCK1212
03-30-2007, 07:14 PM
Ohhh, I forgot. 245 pounds and ran a 4.45 at his combine. That, to me, seems like a Dick Jauron kind of player. Could you imagine the pounding tandem of him and Atrain.It sounds like something I'd dream about.

Night Train
03-30-2007, 07:22 PM
I hope Marv doesn't give up a 2nd and a 3rd for him.

The 2nd this year and the extra 3rd from Baltimore next year would be the max.

BILLSROCK1212
03-30-2007, 07:24 PM
The 2nd this year and the extra 3rd from Baltimore next year would be the max.yea....i would prefer swapping first rounders though

Canadian'eh!
03-30-2007, 07:24 PM
I actually kind of have to agree somewhat with Answer here. Turner usually played in garbage time after LT had worn out opposing defenses but hey he could also be like that kid the Steelers have at RB who had his coming out party against us back in 2004 in a game many of us would like to forget. I trust in the Marv and so I'll take the wait and see approach.

I don't remember Turner play "mostly garbage time"..... I rememebr him spelling Tomlinson at MANY points during games... they worked him into the rotation a lot because he had a lot to offer... and let them keep LT fresh.

BILLSROCK1212
03-30-2007, 07:26 PM
I don't remember Turner play "mostly garbage time"..... I rememebr him spelling Tomlinson at MANY points during games... they worked him into the rotation a lot because he had a lot to offer... and let them keep LT fresh.Turner played in garbage time but not only garbage time....he played plenty during non-garbage time

SABURZFAN
03-30-2007, 07:44 PM

that would be interesting.i would consider doing that.

BILLSROCK1212
03-30-2007, 07:45 PM
that would be interesting.i would consider doing that.i would love that!!!!

W1DER1GHT
03-30-2007, 10:05 PM
This guy was a monster in college, probably one of the best in the last 6 or 7 years. I think he is closer to a sure thing than anybody you can get in the draft. IMO, he would be an outstanding pick up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Vyg6eXVFMQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DC3zezJlXWE

http://www.turnertheburner.com/index.html

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=6913

clumping platelets
03-30-2007, 10:24 PM
I would NOT give up #43 and #92

I would NOT swap 1st rd picks.......

------

I would give up a swap of 2nd's and #92

or just #43

or #92 and cond '08

Bert102176
03-30-2007, 10:30 PM
Michael Turner 80 502 6.3 73 2 0 0

Good stats.

Jon

yeah good stats as a backup, put him in as a starter and you'll be very disatisfied, he is a piece of crap

clumping platelets
03-30-2007, 10:33 PM
Turner could be the next Priest Holmes..

:goodpost:

Goobylal
03-30-2007, 10:37 PM
I'd offer them the picks the Ravens gave the Bills for McGahee. If they don't bite, forget it. I can't justify giving-up more than the Bills got for Willis.

Bulldog
03-30-2007, 10:43 PM
yeah good stats as a backup, put him in as a starter and you'll be very disatisfied, he is a piece of crap

Why all the hate for Turner? Granted, none of us know how Turner would perform in a featured role, but to call the guy a piece of crap is just plain stupid. The guys built like a truck and averaged over 6 yds per carry in limited duty. One way or another Buffalo has to bring in another back and I would prefer Turner over any RB's in the draft not named Peterson. And hell, it's not like Peterson is any sure thing either. At least Turner has played in the NFL and has had some success. I would actually prefer that Buffalo give up the 2nd and the 3rd from Baltimore. I would consider it to be avery successful first day of the draft if Buffalo could draft Willis in the first and land Turner with the above mentioned picks and still have their own third to address other needs.

DraftBoy
03-30-2007, 11:52 PM
I would NOT give up #43 and #92

I would NOT swap 1st rd picks.......

------

I would give up a swap of 2nd's and #92

or just #43

or #92 and cond '08

I would swap #1's for Turner.

Not only does it leave us in a great posistion for getting a OLB, but I think we can also net another pick out of it. I wouldnt do the 2nd and 3rd for Turner. We need to keep or improve the number of picks we have not subtract from them.

TigerJ
03-31-2007, 12:10 AM
I like the idea of swapping firsts. Buffalo has several holes to fill, and I am not thrilled about using 2 picks on one player.

clumping platelets
03-31-2007, 01:34 AM
I would swap #1's for Turner.

Not only does it leave us in a great posistion for getting a OLB, but I think we can also net another pick out of it. I wouldnt do the 2nd and 3rd for Turner. We need to keep or improve the number of picks we have not subtract from them.

My proposal was swaping 2nd rd picks and giving up #92

#43, #92 for #62, RB Turner

clumping platelets
03-31-2007, 01:35 AM
I like the idea of swapping firsts. Buffalo has several holes to fill, and I am not thrilled about using 2 picks on one player.

Bolts should give us another pick

#12 for #30, RB Turner, and ?

I would say a 4th or 5th rd pick

acehole
03-31-2007, 01:42 AM
I like # 2 it gives us more options in the first round...

TigerJ
03-31-2007, 01:06 PM
Bolts should give us another pick

#12 for #30, RB Turner, and ?

I would say a 4th or 5th rd pick

I'd be all for that. 'Course, if they just wanted to give us Michael Turner and a draft pick, I'd be all for that too. :D

FlyingDutchman
03-31-2007, 06:48 PM
Didnt Turner have 2, 80 yard runs or somethin? That might have an effect on his average considering he had such limited touches. I know hes good but im torn if hes really worth what they want. I need to see more.

camelcowboy
03-31-2007, 07:08 PM
Didnt Turner have 2, 80 yard runs or somethin? That might have an effect on his average considering he had such limited touches. I know hes good but im torn if hes really worth what they want. I need to see more.

Yeah his 80 yard runs can definately be a negative :rolleyes: i love you guys trying to go out of your way to find faults with the guy. In limited action he shown he has a good ypc especially in the fourth quarter where teams are trying to stack the box because they know the run is comming. In those situations his ypc is around 7. One of you guys points out that during the begining of the game when he's subing for LT his ypc is only 5.7. Geez, im convinced he's horrible. Well i can't justify giving up more for him then mcgahee, thats a joke. How many 80 yards does willis have? How what was willis ypc? how effective was willis running when teams knew he was comming. How many big runs did have have in the 4th quarters of games? He's shown more in limited action then willis ever did in a buffalo uni. Keep trying guys, because the more you try to reason why we shouldn't trade for him the more i wonder what kind of football fans are posting these on boards. Have any you actually watched him play? Maybe you should. Willis was worth crap and we got better value for him. Don't compare turner to willis because willis fails on all comparisons except the amount of time he's been a starter.

gr8slayer
03-31-2007, 07:14 PM
I would swap picks with them but tha'ts about it.

YardRat
03-31-2007, 07:25 PM
I'd offer them the picks the Ravens gave the Bills for McGahee. If they don't bite, forget it. I can't justify giving-up more than the Bills got for Willis.

That's a great point.

camelcowboy
03-31-2007, 07:27 PM
That's a great point.

No actually its pointless

YardRat
03-31-2007, 07:37 PM
No actually its pointless

Market value.

FlyingDutchman
03-31-2007, 07:37 PM
Yeah his 80 yard runs can definately be a negative :rolleyes: i love you guys trying to go out of your way to find faults with the guy. In limited action he shown he has a good ypc especially in the fourth quarter where teams are trying to stack the box because they know the run is comming. In those situations his ypc is around 7. One of you guys points out that during the begining of the game when he's subing for LT his ypc is only 5.7. Geez, im convinced he's horrible. Well i can't justify giving up more for him then mcgahee, thats a joke. How many 80 yards does willis have? How what was willis ypc? how effective was willis running when teams knew he was comming. How many big runs did have have in the 4th quarters of games? He's shown more in limited action then willis ever did in a buffalo uni. Keep trying guys, because the more you try to reason why we shouldn't trade for him the more i wonder what kind of football fans are posting these on boards. Have any you actually watched him play? Maybe you should. Willis was worth crap and we got better value for him. Don't compare turner to willis because willis fails on all comparisons except the amount of time he's been a starter.

wow....someone has a man crush....just saying, i remember one which was against the Colts who were amazing in rush D right? also while in the 4th quarter. I didnt say hes bad, just sayin i dont know if hes worth all that. Lets see him take a full load of carries through out a game and season before we start jumpin on this guys junk.

FlyingDutchman
03-31-2007, 07:38 PM
and who was making the comparison to Willis? I wasnt.

camelcowboy
03-31-2007, 07:59 PM
Im not focusing on one poster im focusing of the many that keep saying that sense we received two 3's and a 7th for willis we should trade any more then that for turner. The comparisions are not valid, market value for a baby making, buffalo bashing, unintelligent underachieving pain in the ass is two 3's and a 7. Turner has shined in limited action as a back up, he had very productive college career and was drafted in a low round by the chargers. His value is he's young he has shown big play capablity, and the next team will get him on a contract that will be bargain compared to what you would get for him next year as ufa. We gave willis away because he was not a match for buffalo. His market value is that. Its a different game with turner or lynch or peterson. all will cost you first round pick value.

FlyingDutchman
03-31-2007, 08:06 PM
What did the Raiders give up for Jordan? cant remember.

camelcowboy
03-31-2007, 08:14 PM
What did the Raiders give up for Jordan? cant remember.

I think he was a FA

Saratoga Slim
03-31-2007, 09:26 PM

How bout his 26.5 kickoff return average, which was better than both Devin Hester and Terrence McGee.

And you're right, he did have 7 runs of over 20 yards. Something like 80 carries total, for 500 yards.

MarvLevy
03-31-2007, 09:49 PM
its either start Turner or A-train...TAKE YOUR PICK!

BillsFever21
04-01-2007, 07:53 AM
I don't remember Turner play "mostly garbage time"..... I rememebr him spelling Tomlinson at MANY points during games... they worked him into the rotation a lot because he had a lot to offer... and let them keep LT fresh.

An average of 5 carries a game is a lot? Yeah, they really worked him in there. That was basically a platoon.

BillsFever21
04-01-2007, 08:04 AM
This guy was a monster in college, probably one of the best in the last 6 or 7 years. I think he is closer to a sure thing than anybody you can get in the draft. IMO, he would be an outstanding pick up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Vyg6eXVFMQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DC3zezJlXWE

http://www.turnertheburner.com/index.html

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=6913

If he was such a monster in college and one of the best in the last 7 years then how the hell did he not get drafted until the 5th round?

So lets see some of the RB's in the last 7 years to come out of college. Tomlinson, Bush, Jackson, Johnson, McAllister and many others. Do you want me to go on?

So you're willing to put him up in their level? They're just a handful of great RB's that panned out. I can name many more of unstoppable college RB's drafted high in the 1st round that are either great players but not elite or just ended up as busts.

This is just another classic example of somebody overhyping a player either because the Bills may be interested in him or because he's this year overhyped up player in the media. Most of it has to do with the Bills though.

If this guy wasn't being looked at by Buffalo but was by the Jets, Dolphins, Patriots or just about anybody else in the NFL, and they were willing to give up a 1st round pick for them the same people would be laughing.

BillsFever21
04-01-2007, 08:18 AM

Remeber the words LAMONT JORDAN then read the end of the post.

In the 4th quarter he had some nice runs? Thanks for proving our point even more.

He's strolling in the lineup in the 4th quarter after having about 1 or two carries and LT just lit up the defense for 160 yards and 3 TD's and against a tired group of fat DL and other defensive players.

Of course he will pull off some nice runs under them conditions. He's been riding the pine all game and comes into the game fresh while playing against a bunch of defensive players in the 4th quarter who can barely stand up anymore. His body is also fresh because he didn't take a pounding all season either with his 5 carries a game on the average.

I don't see many advocates saying that he's just a complete bum. He looks like a decent player with some potential but he is NOT worth a 1st round draft pick. He's never started a game and carried the load or ever been worked much for that matter. He comes in with a fresh body and fresh legs against a tired defense who has been beat up all game and all season.

You think he's worth a 1st round pick when Marshall Faulk in his PRIME couldn't even net a 1st round pick. Neither did Edgerrin James.

This is another LAMONT JORDAN. He was awesome relieving Curtis Martin in his prime. Everybody wanted him and looked at him as the next big star. He goes to Oakland and is nothing like the player he was relieving Curtis Martin for 5 carries a game. Not a complete loser. A decent player but nothing like his hype before he took over the complete load as a RB. He didn't come into the game fresh anymore against a tired defense. He was also tired and beat up like everybody else on defense after getting all the carries and taking the beating of an NFL season.

Lamont Jordan averaged 5.5 ypc while with the Jets. Everyone thought he was the next big thing. Would you have given up a 1st for Lamont Jordan? Similar stats as Turner. Same type of role player. I guess your answer would've depended on whether Marv Levy or the Bills was the one wanting to trade for him.

Tatonka
04-01-2007, 08:56 AM
nice mcgahee avatar by the way..

do some homework before you start the whole "hey he just carried in the 4th quarter against bad defenses..
:lol:

Originally Posted by JWatts
The 73 yarder came in 2006 against Tennessee

LT carried the ball 19 times for 71 yards in that game (3.7 YPC). If you take away Turner's 73 yard run, he still had 12 carries for 65 yards (5.4 YPC) in that game.

In the first half of that game, LT had 16 carries for 60 yards (3.8 YPC), while Turner had 4 carries for 27 yards (6.8 YPC).

the 83 yarder came in 2005 against Indianapolis.

Yeah, and it came in a 1 point game with San Deigo trying to run out the clock and the Colts loaded up to stop the run. It basically won the game.

Taht Colts defense, who you think was so weak, held LT to 76 yards on 24 carries (3.2 YPC). If you take away Turner's game-icing 83 yard run, he had 30 yards on 7 carries (4.3 YPC).

In the 1st 3 quarters he had 45 carries for 256 yards with an average of 5.7 and a long of 25 and 0 TD's.

Looks like that he let LT do most of the work.

You wouldn't take 5.7 YPC? Wow.

The thing that makes Turner so special is his ability to break long runs, because he is so big and fast.

Turner has 10 runs of 20+ yards or longer in 157 career carries, about once every 16 carries. Tomlinson has 57 20+ yard runs in 2050 career carries, about once every 36 carries.

Last year, Turner had 7 20+ yard runs in 80 carries, about once every 11.5 times he carried the ball. LT had 12 20+ yard runs in 348 carries, about once every 29 carries.

I'm not saying Turner is LT's equal, because LT is a much better receiver and has proven it over the long haul. However, in terms of breaking long runs it puts Turner's potential in perspective.

That is rare ability. How many backs, starting or backup, can even come close to that kind of ability to break long runs? Even Tiki Barber, who has been the best at breaking long runs the last few years, can't come close to that ratio.

BillsFever21
04-01-2007, 09:01 AM
your post is awful.. oh and completely inaccurate.. like most of them.

And your post is homeristic and completely no insight or evidence of anything like most of them.

So you're saying Turner is proven and Lamont Jordan didn't compare to him or that the two of them aren't similar at both points in their career? Instead of being a homer and not backing anything up with facts why don't you try and prove your point why they're not?

You can't because you have no facts. You have your homeristic head shoved so far up the Bills' ass you accept anything you hear about them.

Never any facts or insight to back anything up. It's just always the same old homeristic thoughts and saying yes it's true because the Bills think so and everybody else is wrong because they don't think so.

You don't see anybody jumping on a 1st round pick for Turner do you? If there were any 1st round picks on the table he would've been traded by now. AJ Smith would've shipped him out and went laughing all the way to the bank(kind of like your posts)

So since you think he's worth a 1st round pick how about we make a bet? Although some of you are stupid enough that you would part with it I highly doubt any NFL GM's would be...even Marv Levy.

BillsFever21
04-01-2007, 09:11 AM
nice mcgahee avatar by the way..

here is something for you to read and digest that should shut you up.. maybe you will do some homework before posting **** you dont know anything about.. clearly.

:lol:

So now you're comparing him to Tomlinson? Oh wow. You really have flipped the lid. Tatonka thinks Turner is on the same level as Tomlinson. :roflmao:

Clearly no backup RB has ever had a better game then the starter. Nope, it has never happend in the NFL. I guess we should throw out some backup QB's in the NFL too that play every now and then and have a better game then the starter did.

And oh my, he had a better YPC with FOUR CARRIES compared to NINETEEN CARRIES. No way a fresh RB can't come into the game and have a nice run against a tired defense.

Once again you can't base anything up with facts. Instead your only proof is one better game then Tomlinson and a better ypc then LT on 4 carries in another game. LMAO

Anybody who would compare Turner to LT to try and prove a point is completely clueless. Good job Tatonka. You just showed how clueless you really are.

Turner isn't the first player some of you homers overvauled and thought the Bills should go after to only be a bust with the team they actually did sign for.

You were one of the people years ago who thought McGahee was the next LT too. Now that he isn't on the Bills anymore you try and act like he completely sucked and you knew he wasn't gonna be great all along. You were probably one of the people who thought Gates had a lot of talent too and thought he could be a replacement for McGahee only to be completely shocked after he was released and didn't understand why.

This is just another time where homers like Tatonka are wrong again and again on the Bills. Whether it be how well we're gonna do that season or how good a certain player will be. Maybe if you try hard enough and agree with every article you hear good about the Bills you may be right one of these times.

BillsFever21
04-01-2007, 09:13 AM
I think we should give up two 1st rounders now. We clearly have the next LT in sight. He had one better 1st half of football in one game and a better ypc in another game on 4 carries.

Tatonka's insight has finally paid off. I believe he will finally be right this time. We better give up the farm for him. We have a better player then Tomlinson.

HHURRICANE
04-01-2007, 09:26 AM
For those who brought up Lamont Jordan it is a valid argument. Alot of hype around him and he did play behind Curtis Martin and turned out to be less than stellar once in Oakland.

camelcowboy
04-01-2007, 10:18 AM
I like Jordon lol, i maybe the minority but he did pretty good for a offense thats completely crappy.

Tatonka
04-01-2007, 11:48 AM
Where did I compair anyone?

i simply quoted another post.. jackass.

Tatonka
04-01-2007, 11:50 AM
and if you want to compair turner to jordan and jordans 1600 yards he had as a raider then that is fine. i guess you wouldnt be happy with 1600 yards from our running back.