PDA

View Full Version : Something smells fishy

patmoran2006
03-30-2007, 06:44 PM
Find it odd Buffalo has all this money, made a couple of financial roster dumps (and to credit got value still in return) and havent even brought in the typical jabroni backup FA's that they usually do?

Maybe, its because they been saving their pennies for Briggs and/or Turner.. That's a good thing.

Either that, or they are just that ****ing cheap. :oops:

BILLSROCK1212
03-30-2007, 06:46 PM
Find it odd Buffalo has all this money, made a couple of financial roster dumps (and to credit got value still in return) and havent even brought in the typical jabroni backup FA's that they usually do?

Maybe, its because they been saving their pennies for Briggs and/or Turner.. That's a good thing.

Either that, or they are just that ****ing cheap. :oops:hopefully they have been saving their money for Turner and Briggs

patmoran2006
03-30-2007, 06:47 PM
That would be sickkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
Instant legit divisional contenders with them two..

Plus they'd still have a pair of third rounders for more good depth.

jamesiscool
03-30-2007, 06:47 PM
if we do bring em in then now we have the answers to all of the questions we were asking just a few days ago about ralphs cheapness.

BILLSROCK1212
03-30-2007, 06:48 PM

Plus they'd still have a pair of third rounders for more good depth.add a reciever in the draft along with a CB and i guess a TE and I can't really think of a better team that we could possibly have

jamesiscool
03-30-2007, 06:50 PM
add a reciever in the draft along with a CB and i guess a TE and I can't really think of a better team that we could possibly have

if we had peyton manning LT and randy moss we could possibly have a better team....

:rofl:

BILLSROCK1212
03-30-2007, 06:51 PM
if we had peyton manning LT and randy moss we could possibly have a better team....

:rofl:of course but realistically....

patmoran2006
I think Marv is smart enough to know our LB corp as a whole is rotten, he's smart enough to assume Willis will be gone; and that NOBODY else out there is going to do much if anything to help this team improve in 2007 (at LB)

Thats why I think this Briggs talk is just not talk; I think its legit.. and I think the Bears would take our deal first as they'd havea pair of 1st rounders..

As usual though, the REAL question is; WILL WILSON pay for Briggs. (I hope so)

jamesiscool
just playing the antagonizer.... as usual.

YardRat
03-30-2007, 06:52 PM

Either that, or they are just that ****ing cheap. :oops:

I don't find it odd since Marv clearly stated in one of his PC's that they were taking a different approach this off-season and concentrating on quality over quantity.

JJamezz
03-30-2007, 07:00 PM
Somebody made a really good point in another thread, it might have been you Pat - about the new revenue sharing agreement.. I think its entirely possible that that has loosened up Ralph's purse strings a bit.

The thought has also crossed my mind about Briggs and Washington - my guess is most owners around the league are not big fans of Dan Schneider and what his spending has done to the league. Certainly the compensation is foremost, but it makes me wonder if dislike for Schneider might at all play into Angelo and where he'd be willing to send Briggs...

HHURRICANE
03-30-2007, 07:09 PM
Somebody made a really good point in another thread, it might have been you Pat - about the new revenue sharing agreement.. I think its entirely possible that that has loosened up Ralph's purse strings a bit.

The thought has also crossed my mind about Briggs and Washington - my guess is most owners around the league are not big fans of Dan Schneider and what his spending has done to the league. Certainly the compensation is foremost, but it makes me wonder if dislike for Schneider might at all play into Angelo and where he'd be willing to send Briggs...

Better to send a player to a team that isn't in your conference!!

BILLSROCK1212
03-30-2007, 07:38 PM
Better to send a player to a team that isn't in your conference!!that is the best part about the Briggs trade and the worst part about the Turner trade

Bert102176
03-30-2007, 09:13 PM
to hell with Briggs and Turner

!Papacrunk!
03-31-2007, 06:21 AM

Plus they'd still have a pair of third rounders for more good depth.

didn't Phin fans in the past get bashed for saying these same type of things when they would add free agents in the past, lol

YardRat
03-31-2007, 06:25 AM
didn't Phin fans in the past get bashed for saying these same type of things when they would add free agents in the past, lol

Yes, and justifiably so.

kernowboy
03-31-2007, 06:29 AM
Briggs and expecially Turner are over rated

I'd stick with the picks ... yes Willis might be gone, but we can slide down and pick up Posluzny or Timmons and the grab Leonard in R2.

Posluzny and Leonard .. two intelligent blue collar performers with massive amounts of character.

Add maybe a No2 receiver like Gonzalez, a second LB like Shaw or deOssie and we'd look good not just tomorrow but next year as well.

Some players just do well with certain teams and then are rubbish when they change even if the system is similar.

I'd rather develop our own players

patmoran2006
03-31-2007, 09:51 AM
Briggs and expecially Turner are over rated

I'd stick with the picks ... yes Willis might be gone, but we can slide down and pick up Posluzny or Timmons and the grab Leonard in R2.

Posluzny and Leonard .. two intelligent blue collar performers with massive amounts of character.

Add maybe a No2 receiver like Gonzalez, a second LB like Shaw or deOssie and we'd look good not just tomorrow but next year as well.

Some players just do well with certain teams and then are rubbish when they change even if the system is similar.

I'd rather develop our own players
No offense.. but the reason why we would take Posluszny and Leonard over Briggs and Turner; is the same reason why for the next 2-3 years we'll be talking about "next year" in March. The only person that would benefit from Pos and Leonard over Briggs/Turner isn't the team or the fans.. Its Wilson's wallet.

Building a team with good young players is fine; but you cant win in the NFL without a couple of difference makers... on top of that, Briggs and Turner are both young and just entering their prime. Its not like we'd be trying to buy short-term stopgap starters

HAMMER
03-31-2007, 10:02 AM

Stop whining so much.

patmoran2006
03-31-2007, 10:04 AM
We wouldnt be "buyin" anybody, we'd be trading for them.

And I dont ever blast teams for adding FA's, unless they're stupid contracts like SF gave clements

ublinkwescore
03-31-2007, 10:08 AM

:rofl:

No no no, Randy Moss would negate the additions of Peyton Manning and LaDanian Tomlinson.

!Papacrunk!
03-31-2007, 10:09 AM
Stop whining so much.

I dunno, I got a lot in me today :drive: