PDA

View Full Version : Darrelle Revis best CB fit for us

BILLSROCK1212
03-30-2007, 07:36 PM
I say if Willis isnt there at 12 we trade down and pick this guy....according to Todd McShay he can play Cover 2 and not many CBs coming out of college can play Cover 2....if there is a shutdown corner in this draft it is him

casdhf
03-30-2007, 07:46 PM
he played pure man all through college I think

BILLSROCK1212
03-30-2007, 07:48 PM
I say if Willis isnt there at 12 we trade down and pick this guy....according to Todd McShay he can play Cover 2 and not many CBs coming out of college can play Cover 2....if there is a shutdown corner in this draft it is himwell according to McShay he can play Cover 2 and that's all that matters

YardRat
03-30-2007, 08:40 PM
Revis has been my 'surprise' pick from day one.

Nighthawk
03-30-2007, 08:44 PM
Corners are not that important in this defense. LB's, DL and Safetys make the cover 2 work.

BILLSROCK1212
03-30-2007, 08:49 PM
Revis has been my 'surprise' pick from day one.same here

Illmatic15
03-30-2007, 09:15 PM
Hmm this draft site comapred him to Antoine Winfield ..

http://www.draftseason.com/index2.php?Page_Name=PlayerProfile2&id=559

<TABLE cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=2 width="94%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=style46>BIO:
Revis is a physical player who plays with mean streak. He is excellent in coverage and knows how to use his big frame to his adavantage. Revis also is known to lay down a big hit or two. An elite prospect who should go high on day 1. </TD></TR><TR><TD class=style46 height=64></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Carlton Bailey
03-30-2007, 09:31 PM
Absolutely no to picking a CB in round one.

YardRat
12-06-2009, 07:08 AM
Bump

kernowboy
12-06-2009, 07:11 AM
LOL instead we got a 2nd string RB who cannot stay out of jail.

In retrospect we should have drafted Revis and then found a way to move up for Leonard who we could have had on the field at the same time as Jackson.

That would've allowed us to look at a RB like Johnson or a QB like Flacco in 2008.

Hindsight is a fabulous thing.

HHURRICANE
12-06-2009, 10:05 AM
LOL instead we got a 2nd string RB who cannot stay out of jail.

In retrospect we should have drafted Revis and then found a way to move up for Leonard who we could have had on the field at the same time as Jackson.

That would've allowed us to look at a RB like Johnson or a QB like Flacco in 2008.

Hindsight is a fabulous thing.

Sadly we have been in positions to take good players and not even the one's that have been mentioned.

There was enough concern about Poz that dropped him into the second round and we still traded up to get him.

You don't trade up for a player who's dropping. You let that player fall to you.

HendersonD06
12-06-2009, 11:46 AM
Yeah, Revis was by far the best overall CB during the draft that year...Now? He's known as the best overall CB since #21 of the Falcons during the 90's...Revis is the best Jets Defensive player I've ever seen, and I've been a fan for a long time

BuffaloBlitz83
12-06-2009, 12:54 PM
Yeah, Revis was by far the best overall CB during the draft that year...Now? He's known as the best overall CB since #21 of the Falcons during the 90's...Revis is the best Jets Defensive player I've ever seen, and I've been a fan for a long time

You're crazy. Revis is a top 3 corner but not the best CB since Deion. I rate them this year Woodson, Asamouga, Revis in that order.

PECKERWOOD
12-06-2009, 04:55 PM
Bailey is still good, Asomugha is still good, Revis is definitely in the conversation.

Those are probably my top 3 CBs, no specific order.

Prov401
12-06-2009, 04:59 PM
You're crazy. Revis is a top 3 corner but not the best CB since Deion. I rate them this year Woodson, Asamouga, Revis in that order.

I got Asomugha over Revis as well. QB's don't even look his way, let alone challenge him. I forgot the exact number last year as to how many times Nnamdi was thrown at, but the number was rediculously low for an entire season. He's a true blanket. I think Revis is having a little bit of a better year at this point, but I'd take Nnamdi Asomugha over him.

BertSquirtgum
12-06-2009, 05:41 PM
another reason to get these scouting doofus's the **** out of here.

BILLSROCK1212
12-07-2009, 05:02 PM
wow, I posted a good thread??

DolphinFanInPeace
12-07-2009, 07:24 PM
I got Asomugha over Revis as well. QB's don't even look his way, let alone challenge him. I forgot the exact number last year as to how many times Nnamdi was thrown at, but the number was rediculously low for an entire season. He's a true blanket. I think Revis is having a little bit of a better year at this point, but I'd take Nnamdi Asomugha over him.
Revis is a beast, but you're right...People still throw at him.

The best cornerbacks are the ones that you don't even hear about because they don't get thrown at. Like Nnamdi.

That being said I thought it sucked that when they showed Revis' stats against the WR's this year they failed to mention the Dolphins' first game against the Jets where Ted Ginn burnt him.