PDA

View Full Version : Ricky expected to be reinstated

BILLSROCK1212
03-30-2007, 09:00 PM
Dolphins | R. Williams expected to be reinstated
Fri, 30 Mar 2007 17:27:19 -0700

KFFL has learned Miami Dolphins RB Ricky Williams (suspension) is expected to be reinstated.

YardRat
03-30-2007, 09:01 PM
Boooooooooo.

Illmatic15
03-30-2007, 09:11 PM
Ricky Williams is the man!!! I dont care I gained all respect for him when he came to my YMCA centre here in Toronto and stared helping out the kids. He was great with the toronto argos!!

feelthepain
03-30-2007, 09:22 PM
Boooooooooo.

Heyyyy, turn that frown upside down!!:dance:

Goobylal
03-30-2007, 09:29 PM
Probably best for the Dols to trade him before he proves he's on the decline.

BILLSROCK1212
03-30-2007, 09:30 PM
Probably best for the Dols to trade him before he proves he's on the decline.they wont be able to get anything close to equal value for him

feelthepain
03-30-2007, 09:37 PM
It's been reported he's in the best shape of his life and he's looking forward to rejoining the team.

SABURZFAN
03-30-2007, 09:39 PM
this is Good News and Bad News.

Bad News-he'll run for 200+ yards against us.

Good News-Bills will still win. :up:

justasportsfan
03-30-2007, 09:40 PM
Ricky Williams is the man!!! I dont care I gained all respect for him when he came to my YMCA centre here in Toronto and stared helping out the kids. He was great with the toronto argos!!

Something tells me he wasn't there to tell the kids to stay out of drugs

Nighthawk
03-30-2007, 09:41 PM
Heyyyy, turn that frown upside down!!:dance:

Yeah, because he is such a great player now. :crazy:

BILLSROCK1212
It's been reported he's in the best shape of his life and he's looking forward to rejoining the team.by his agent....

Goobylal
Ricky's will be hitting the dreaded 30 year mark in May. And he's logged a TON of carries over his career. But your O-line is a mess, you have no QB, and you have no real threat at TE anymore. Plus Cameron is not only HC'ing but also OC'ing.

Nighthawk
03-30-2007, 09:43 PM
It's been reported he's in the best shape of his life and he's looking forward to rejoining the team.

It's also been reported that you are a crazy Dolphins fan. So what's your point?

dolphan117
03-30-2007, 09:48 PM
I dont know if he is in the best shape of his life or not but to be able to do this
http://www.sfgate.com/c/pictures/2007/03/01/sp_williams_0079_kr.jpg
http://www.sfgate.com/c/pictures/2007/03/01/sp_williams_0068_kr.jpg

That is some sick yoga right there. More (http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/object/article?o=0&f=/chronicle/archive/2007/03/01/SPG5KODA3M1.DTL)

SABURZFAN
03-30-2007, 09:53 PM
I dont know if he is in the best shape of his life or not but to be able to do this
http://www.sfgate.com/c/pictures/2007/03/01/sp_williams_0079_kr.jpg
http://www.sfgate.com/c/pictures/2007/03/01/sp_williams_0068_kr.jpg

That is some sick yoga right there. More (http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/object/article?o=0&f=/chronicle/archive/2007/03/01/SPG5KODA3M1.DTL)

if he can run the 40 in 4.4 seconds like that,then i would be impressed.

Carlton Bailey
03-30-2007, 09:55 PM
Ricky's definitely a nice person; he's just a little out there.

dolphan117
03-30-2007, 10:01 PM
To me the unique thing about Ricky vs other problem people is that he has never done anything to hurt anyone and has never been a problem with coaches. It was one of the things that made it such a shock when he quite because up until then he was working his tail off during the off-season program and was in great shape. Every coach he has ever played for has praised his work ethic.......

Heck even when he went to the pro-bowl the other players were like "whats this guys deal?" Because he was practicing in Hawaii like he was preparing for the SB or something. His response was "Its the only way I know how to play" He went on to be the MVP of that pro-bowl with a forced fumble (he may have recovered it to) as the first guy up in punt coverage while also doing his thing at RB.

I remember one thing that stood out about the last year he was with the Dolphins was that when the RB was supposed to take the handoff in prep stuff he would take it.......... And sprint 40 yards down-field at full speed. That's just the way he practices, balls to the wall.

Is the dude a little weird? (heck maybe a lot weird) Yes, he is.
But is he a heck of a football player? You better believe it. Its just a shame because I don't have any doubt he could have been a hall of fame back...... Except for the pot. Awful, awful mistake...... But he dude is not a thug, and unlike most problem players, the dude does absolutely everything the coaches ask him to do. With no attitude.

Ricky's definitely a nice person; he's just a little out there.Thats pretty much how I feel. And when he is playing for the league min? Sign me up.

BleedinGreenNC
03-30-2007, 10:01 PM
Pot makes it easy!

Mitchy moo
03-30-2007, 10:03 PM
:smoke:

dolphan117
03-30-2007, 10:06 PM
Pot makes it easy!Actully it probably does help your flexability quite a bit, lol. He re-entered the NFL testing program a while back though and has been getting tested 3 times per week for some time now. Clean so far. Its also worth pointing out that the substance he was suspended for last time was not pot. What it was never did make it out though. I beleive one of ESPN's guys reported it as "a really really wierd situation" or something like that.

feelthepain
03-30-2007, 10:15 PM
this is Good News and Bad News.

Bad News-he'll run for 200+ yards against us.

Good News-Bills will still win. :up:

Well, you'll always have hope!

Goobylal
03-30-2007, 10:18 PM
It wasn't pot but some other (unknown) banned substance. The argument was that since it wasn't pot, he should get probation, not a year's suspension. The NFL didn't go for that.

dolphan117
03-30-2007, 10:23 PM
Yup, and I would love to know what it was.

Edit-I think the argument was also that he shouldnt be punished at all. Due to some reasons that I cant remember. It was never really clear since the substance was never released.

Goobylal
03-30-2007, 10:38 PM
I thought he should have been banned for life. I remember reading that he admitted to drinking a gallon of masking agent before his drug tests (until he got fed-up with the NFL/Wannstedt and stopped drinking it), meaning he failed hundreds of them.

jamze132
03-31-2007, 03:59 AM
Got a link?

!Papacrunk!
03-31-2007, 06:16 AM
Got a link?

Ricky remains optimistic (http://www.miamiherald.com/616/story/54061.html)

''Ricky is in the best shape of his life,'' Steinberg said. ``He's passed all of his drug tests, and he's at a place where he's ready to come back to the Dolphins.''

kernowboy
03-31-2007, 06:36 AM
If he got cut, I'd sign him - I think Marv/Dick could get a decent 2-3 years out of him

feelthepain
03-31-2007, 07:49 AM
I think if we cut him (no way in hell this happens) but if we did, Ricky would head West, not North. Probably to Arizona or Oakland.

venis2k1
03-31-2007, 08:04 AM
i would part with a 4th rounder for the guy. I always liked Ricky.

Goobylal
03-31-2007, 08:38 AM
It seems like Cameron is cleaning house. I expect Ricky to be traded. I wouldn't expect him to get more than a 3rd rounder though.

justasportsfan
03-31-2007, 08:39 AM
Ricky's definitely a nice person; he's just a little out there.
I have to agree. Met him a couple of times when I lived in So. Fla. Does not act like he's a star and does not go around with an entourage. HKeeps to himslef.

gr8slayer
03-31-2007, 10:29 AM
They need him. Ronnie Brown is a freaking joke and will never be an every down back.

DraftBoy
03-31-2007, 10:40 AM
Yup, and I would love to know what it was.

Edit-I think the argument was also that he shouldnt be punished at all. Due to some reasons that I cant remember. It was never really clear since the substance was never released.

The rumors were reporting was that he took something he had been making while in training to be a holistic healer, and it contained some chemical that was banned. May or not have been true but I think thats a logical conclusion imo. No link or anything just something I read a long time ago.

!Papacrunk!
03-31-2007, 10:49 AM
I have to agree. Met him a couple of times when I lived in So. Fla. Does not act like he's a star and does not go around with an entourage. HKeeps to himslef.

People say that a lot about him. I was upset when he left, but he seems like that knuckle head relative that no matter what they do, they're still your knuckle head relative.

gr8slayer
03-31-2007, 10:57 AM
Ricky is a great person. He still hangs out in Texas quite a bit, he's a hell of a guy, weed or not.

!Papacrunk!
03-31-2007, 10:58 AM
They need him. Ronnie Brown is a freaking joke and will never be an every down back.
That's your opinion, to each their own.

IMO, I'm still really glad we have him:

He was injured last year (didn't play 3 games), but still gained over a 1,000 yards rushing, 5 tds, can catch out of the back field-276 yards (he can hurdle over defensive players *cough*) and on a special note, he was the 1st rusher to have a 100 yard+ game (157) in Soldier Field since '04. You know, all of those things behind a line that has yet to be anything spetacular outside of some key spots on the line. Those are just stats--outside of those, he's been a great character guy, always has a great positive team attitude, and a great attitude all around IMO.

gr8slayer
03-31-2007, 11:04 AM
That's your opinion, to each their own.

IMO, I'm still really glad we have him:

He was injured last year (didn't play 3 games), but still gained over a 1,000 yards rushing, 5 tds, can catch out of the back field-276 yards (he can hurdle over defensive players *cough*) and on a special note, he was the 1st rusher to have a 100 yard+ game (157) in Soldier Field since '04. You know, all of those things behind a line that has yet to be anything spetacular outside of some key spots on the line. Those are just stats--outside of those, he's been a great character guy, always has a great positive team attitude, and a great attitude all around IMO.
I don't question his character at all. I hear he's a pretty good guy around the community. I just never thought much of him or Cadillac or Benson.

BTW, the running game doesn't require a great OL. You just need an RB with some balls that will hit the hole. I would personally expect alot more from a guy drafted number two overall. But hey, at least you have a starting RB right now, we can't even say that yet.

Bling
03-31-2007, 01:09 PM
BTW, the running game doesn't require a great OL. You just need an RB with some balls that will hit the hole. I would personally expect alot more from a guy drafted number two overall. But hey, at least you have a starting RB right now, we can't even say that yet.

:rofl: A RB doesn't need an OLine, but that's all Losman was lacking? I'll give you a chance to defend that before I laugh my ass off. Ask LJ, LT, Shaun Alexander, Denver RBs how much they need an O-line. You think Alexander missed Hutchinson this year? Can you name another team that can plug in 2 RB (Priest Holmes and Larry Johnson), and not miss a beat? Can you name another team that can plug in TD, Olandis Gary, Mike Anderson, Clinton Portis, Tatum Bell, Mike Bell, whoever I'm missing and still have an incredible rushing game? O-line is very important.

jamze132
04-01-2007, 01:37 AM
I don't question his character at all. I hear he's a pretty good guy around the community. I just never thought much of him or Cadillac or Benson.

Really? I assume you made a mistake by saying this? Or are you saying this because Willis still burns you by his lack of hole hitting ability?

lightningbolt444
04-01-2007, 01:49 AM
The only running back to not needd an o-line in the history of the nfl was barry sanders andd we all know he was a freak ive never to this day seen someone with quickness like his speedd yes but not that quickness

feelthepain
04-01-2007, 08:54 AM
The only running back to not needd an o-line in the history of the nfl was barry sanders andd we all know he was a freak ive never to this day seen someone with quickness like his speedd yes but not that quickness

Walter Payton!

gr8slayer
04-01-2007, 10:02 AM
:rofl: A RB doesn't need an OLine, but that's all Losman was lacking? I'll give you a chance to defend that before I laugh my ass off. Ask LJ, LT, Shaun Alexander, Denver RBs how much they need an O-line. You think Alexander missed Hutchinson this year? Can you name another team that can plug in 2 RB (Priest Holmes and Larry Johnson), and not miss a beat? Can you name another team that can plug in TD, Olandis Gary, Mike Anderson, Clinton Portis, Tatum Bell, Mike Bell, whoever I'm missing and still have an incredible rushing game? O-line is very important.
You'll never see me make that claim. He sucked because he sucked, he did well last year because he finally got it.

Fred Taylor/Jones-Drew both ran great behind no OL.

Travis Henry ran great in Tenn. last year and ran great for years here with no OL

Droughns did fine his first year in Cleveland.

Jordan did very good his first year in Oakland.

Edge had a respectable year with Arizona (but suddenly started dancing.)

Jones/Barber did fine in Dallas.

A great OL is much more important to the QB than it is to the running game.

gr8slayer
04-01-2007, 10:04 AM
Really? I assume you made a mistake by saying this? Or are you saying this because Willis still burns you by his lack of hole hitting ability?
I did not say that a running game doesn't require an OL, I said that a good running game doesnt require a GREAT OL

Very few teams in the league have elite OL's yet plenty of teams have 1,200+ yard backs.

LtFinFan66
04-01-2007, 10:25 AM
Barry Sanders didn't need an OL