PDA

View Full Version : Ok so problem solved...

acehole
03-31-2007, 09:50 AM
We get briggs we give chicago our first and our second, they give up thier first. We give SD ..Chicagos first and the Ravens Third (Next year) So it would be like.

1rst round L Briggs
2nd (First) Round M Turner
3Round draft pick
3round draft pick

It would be like getting M Lynch and P Willis in one day only better players..
and we make it all happen for giving up one pick (3rd)next year.
Pat posted somthing like this....but this can actually make
it happen. Trouble is you probably have to land Briggs now..
SD will want that pick pre draft to possibly trade up.

It comes down to paying briggs and paying turner...

Can sombody do some numbers bases on F Gores number and A Thomas's (NE LB)numbers (Both higher) so we can see if this is even plausable?

acehole
03-31-2007, 09:55 AM
Forgot to mention that SD then gets the 1rst and 3rd they were asking for....

We get briggs we give chicago our first and our second, they give up thier first. We give SD ..Chicagos first and the Ravens Third (Next year) So it would be like.

1rst round L Briggs
3Round draft pick
3round draft pick

Can sombody do some numbers bases on F Gores number and A Thomas's (NE LB)numbers (Both higher) so we can see if this is even plausable?

Bert102176
03-31-2007, 11:09 PM
way to much for them they aren't that good with the love your showing them I take it you actually like Rob Johnson too

SpillerThrills
04-01-2007, 12:31 AM
way to much for them they aren't that good with the love your showing them I take it you actually like Rob Johnson too

is there anyone on the team that you do like and would be worth bringing in??? in your opinion ofcourse.....

BillsFever21
04-01-2007, 07:45 AM

1rst round L Briggs
3Round draft pick
3round draft pick

What part of "Micheal Turner isn't worth a 1st round pick" doesn't some people understand? James couldn't land a 1st round pick for the Colts. Faulk didn't even land a 1st round pick. Jones was only a 2nd. We got late 3rd round value for McGahee. Although you don't like McGahee he's more proven then a RB who has never carried the ball more then 13 times in a game.

Is Turner a better player then Faulk and James were in their prime? If you are willing to give up a 1st round pick then you are basically saying he is. The RB trade market doesn't produce 1st round picks.

I would do them deals but with only 3rd round value for Turner. That is all he's worth. The Chargers won't get a 1st for him. If somehow they did then I want AJ Smith as my GM. If somehow Marv was the one who gave up the 1st then he would need shipped out of here.

acehole
04-01-2007, 08:04 AM
What part of "Micheal Turner isn't worth a 1st round pick" doesn't some people understand? James couldn't land a 1st round pick for the Colts. Faulk didn't even land a 1st round pick. Jones was only a 2nd. We got late 3rd round value for McGahee. Although you don't like McGahee he's more proven then a RB who has never carried the ball more then 13 times in a game.

Is Turner a better player then Faulk and James were in their prime? If you are willing to give up a 1st round pick then you are basically saying he is. The RB trade market doesn't produce 1st round picks.

I would do them deals but with only 3rd round value for Turner. That is all he's worth. The Chargers won't get a 1st for him. If somehow they did then I want AJ Smith as my GM. If somehow Marv was the one who gave up the 1st then he would need shipped out of here.

You think there is a better RB available with the 30th over all pick?

Who then at 30?....would you rather have then MTurner. We are trade our # 12 for briggs not turner.

acehole
04-01-2007, 08:07 AM

Who then at 30?....would you rather have then MTurner? We are trading our # 12 for briggs not turner? We are giving a socond really for him and the first for briggs pay attention,,,,,

acehole
04-01-2007, 08:12 AM
If it wasnt for home run throw up he may have worked out in the league...

Mitchy moo
04-01-2007, 08:18 AM

1rst round L Briggs
3Round draft pick
3round draft pick

nice, call marv and the dopple gang.

BillsFever21
04-01-2007, 08:42 AM

Who then at 30?....would you rather have then MTurner. We are trade our # 12 for briggs not turner.

Was there a better RB availabe in the 1st and later when Marshall Faulk only netted the Colts a 2nd round pick? One of the best RB's ever. The Rams wouldn't part with a 1st round pick. I'm sure Faulk was better then a RB they could've drafted in the 1st round that season. I guess in your eyes Micheal Turner must be better then Faulk.

How about even McGahee. Although you don't like him he's better then a RB you will pick up within the top of the 3rd round in the draft this year. He didn't net anymore then that. How about Edgerrin James. The Colts couldn't even get a 3rd round pick for him. Does that mean there was better RB's then him in the 2nd round of the draft?

It's all about market value of a position. You don't get 1st round picks for RB's. When you trade for them you also have to sign them to huge money. That factors in on trade value instead of paying a rookie 1 million or less a year instead.

Age is also a factor. RB's only last till no older then 30. Most times less. Do you give up a 1st round pick for somebody you gotta give tons of money too and get maybe 3-4 years of them in their prime? Maybe you do that if they have shown they are elite but Turner hasn't.

The Falcons said the same thing to themselves when they traded for Peerless Price a few years back. They asked themselves if they could get a better WR with the #23 pick in the draft that year. They concluded that they couldn't so they made the deal and signed him to big money. He was a bust and they lost out on a 1st round draft pick.

In the NFL unless the player to be traded is both young and proven in most cases you don't get 1st round draft picks for them.

In most cases you would probably want that player more then an unknown that you could draft in the 1st round but the market value isn't that high.

Only an idiot would part with a 1st round pick for a RB with 157 carries in 3 years especially when MARSHALL FAULK didn't net that much.

In my book, if Marshall Faulk can only get you a 2nd round pick then Micheal Turner shouldn't get a team a 1st round pick. Some people just don't get it and understand the what trade and market value means.

The Redskins have been thinking for too many years like some of you. Also the Dolphins to a point. They have pissed away draft pick after draft pick trading for players. They looked at it as they would rather have that player then somebody they could draft in that spot. Well, after years of busts in trading for some of the players and years of giving away draft picks they are left with an old team without many good young players.

The Dolphins last year are a perfect example. They gave up a 2nd round draft pick for Culpepper. Was Culpepper more proven then a QB they could've drafted with that pick? Of course he was. It could still work out in the long run but we see how it worked out last season.

Don't Panic
04-01-2007, 08:45 AM
If we could manage to get Briggs and Turner for our 1st, 2nd and an extra 3rd, I'm all for it. I love Willis, but there is no combination of he and one of the 2nd tier backs that can equal this combination... not even close. If it means giving up one of the Ravens' 3rds, I think we still come out on top. Turner and Briggs immediately fill our two biggest holes and leave us with no glaring weaknesses (and still a day one draft pick). No brainer as far as I'm concerned. Will it happen? Doubtful... its a lot of pieces that have to fall into the place. Who knows, though... I just out down a Raleigh newspaper and the two biggest stories on there were Briggs and Turner. We'll see...

BillsFever21
04-01-2007, 08:53 AM
One of the biggest reasons why RB's don't net 1st round draft picks is because teams have proven over and over again that if you have a good system in place along with a decent OL you can easily find RB's to plug in and get good production out of them. Many of them were total unknowns and came out of nowhere.

The shelf live of a RB is also a big reason for their value in a trade. Even the best of RB's just don't last very long.

RB's are easy to find. It happens all the time. How many RB's can you think of that were traded for a 1st round draft pick? Keep thinking it may take a while. But for some reason people here wanna break the ice on the history of trade value for a RB.

It's not really worth signing Turner to a 5-6 million dollar a year contract yet with what he has proved let alone giving up a 1st round pick in the process.

Either swap 2nd round picks and a 4th for him or give up our 3rd and 5th straight up. That equals out to an end of the 2nd/top of the 3rd round value for him. That is all somebody could get for a proven RB let alone one with 157 carries. If they don't wanna take it then you move on.

HHURRICANE
04-01-2007, 09:37 AM
If I knew we were definately getting Willis I would pass on Briggs. If I knew we were getting a solid RB in the second round I'd pass on Turner.

What looks good on paper may not look good on the field.

I'd rather have Briggs than Turner. Briggs is a 100% proven commodity. He wouldn't be playing next to Urlacher but Crowell isn't a slug either. It would be a natural fit.

acehole
04-01-2007, 03:38 PM
No I am not saying any of the things you say I am saying. MTurner is right on par or a bit below M Lynch...the 30 pick in the draft is about where he would go if he were in this draft. Blah blah blah M Faulk and the rest. Both A Peterson and M lynch will go in the first round this year....so you logic is out there. Market value changes alot in the NLF based on who is interested and what there are willing to give up period. I respect your opinion that he isnt worth the bills (12th) pick in the first round. ...but not a one of us I know has said that. People are going back and forth on the Willis/lynch picks as we need a RB and MLB. What I perposed would fill both needs with arugable better players. Certainly M Turner is better then any running back we would get in the second......and it is up in the air as to who will was is better between Briggs and Willis...it is all about value vs needs vs market. Personaly I would rather have M Turner and Briggs then Willis and 2nd round RB or M Lynch amd a 2nd round LB. That doent make me dumb and you smart.......

Was there a better RB availabe in the 1st and later when Marshall Faulk only netted the Colts a 2nd round pick? One of the best RB's ever. The Rams wouldn't part with a 1st round pick. I'm sure Faulk was better then a RB they could've drafted in the 1st round that season. I guess in your eyes Micheal Turner must be better then Faulk.

How about even McGahee. Although you don't like him he's better then a RB you will pick up within the top of the 3rd round in the draft this year. He didn't net anymore then that. How about Edgerrin James. The Colts couldn't even get a 3rd round pick for him. Does that mean there was better RB's then him in the 2nd round of the draft?

It's all about market value of a position. You don't get 1st round picks for RB's. When you trade for them you also have to sign them to huge money. That factors in on trade value instead of paying a rookie 1 million or less a year instead.

Age is also a factor. RB's only last till no older then 30. Most times less. Do you give up a 1st round pick for somebody you gotta give tons of money too and get maybe 3-4 years of them in their prime? Maybe you do that if they have shown they are elite but Turner hasn't.

The Falcons said the same thing to themselves when they traded for Peerless Price a few years back. They asked themselves if they could get a better WR with the #23 pick in the draft that year. They concluded that they couldn't so they made the deal and signed him to big money. He was a bust and they lost out on a 1st round draft pick.

In the NFL unless the player to be traded is both young and proven in most cases you don't get 1st round draft picks for them.

In most cases you would probably want that player more then an unknown that you could draft in the 1st round but the market value isn't that high.

Only an idiot would part with a 1st round pick for a RB with 157 carries in 3 years especially when MARSHALL FAULK didn't net that much.

In my book, if Marshall Faulk can only get you a 2nd round pick then Micheal Turner shouldn't get a team a 1st round pick. Some people just don't get it and understand the what trade and market value means.

The Redskins have been thinking for too many years like some of you. Also the Dolphins to a point. They have pissed away draft pick after draft pick trading for players. They looked at it as they would rather have that player then somebody they could draft in that spot. Well, after years of busts in trading for some of the players and years of giving away draft picks they are left with an old team without many good young players.

The Dolphins last year are a perfect example. They gave up a 2nd round draft pick for Culpepper. Was Culpepper more proven then a QB they could've drafted with that pick? Of course he was. It could still work out in the long run but we see how it worked out last season.

acehole
04-01-2007, 03:44 PM
History is againt your thinking...most superbowls are won and or played by first round Rb's.

Sorry.

Facts are a funny thing.

One of the biggest reasons why RB's don't net 1st round draft picks is because teams have proven over and over again that if you have a good system in place along with a decent OL you can easily find RB's to plug in and get good production out of them. Many of them were total unknowns and came out of nowhere.

The shelf live of a RB is also a big reason for their value in a trade. Even the best of RB's just don't last very long.

RB's are easy to find. It happens all the time. How many RB's can you think of that were traded for a 1st round draft pick? Keep thinking it may take a while. But for some reason people here wanna break the ice on the history of trade value for a RB.

It's not really worth signing Turner to a 5-6 million dollar a year contract yet with what he has proved let alone giving up a 1st round pick in the process.

Either swap 2nd round picks and a 4th for him or give up our 3rd and 5th straight up. That equals out to an end of the 2nd/top of the 3rd round value for him. That is all somebody could get for a proven RB let alone one with 157 carries. If they don't wanna take it then you move on.

goodkarma
04-01-2007, 04:34 PM

Agreed. Chargers are in the same spot as we were with Willis, they need to trade him because they aren't going to keep signing him to franchise tenders after this year.

Personally, I would swap 1st round picks with Chicago for Briggs, and take an RB with one of our first 2 picks.

acehole
04-01-2007, 05:02 PM
Thank you you made all of my basic pionts......I hope the old farts pull off somthing...it has been so long that we have been in a playoff game I get to excited about the off season. If the Bills pull this off or somthing close it would make us playoff bound.....

If we could manage to get Briggs and Turner for our 1st, 2nd and an extra 3rd, I'm all for it. I love Willis, but there is no combination of he and one of the 2nd tier backs that can equal this combination... not even close. If it means giving up one of the Ravens' 3rds, I think we still come out on top. Turner and Briggs immediately fill our two biggest holes and leave us with no glaring weaknesses (and still a day one draft pick). No brainer as far as I'm concerned. Will it happen? Doubtful... its a lot of pieces that have to fall into the place. Who knows, though... I just out down a Raleigh newspaper and the two biggest stories on there were Briggs and Turner. We'll see...