THATHURMANATOR
03-10-2003, 03:24 PM
http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/6240449

Pride
03-10-2003, 03:39 PM
Interesting, I dont completely agree.. but he has valid points

THATHURMANATOR
03-10-2003, 03:40 PM
I think he makes some pretty valid points!!!

Gunzlingr
03-10-2003, 03:55 PM
sounds good to me!

WG
03-10-2003, 04:57 PM
It was an interesting article TT!

I totally agree! That's why I thought there's no way we'd get a first rounder for Price. Alas, I lost 2K ZBs to Mikey as a result. Good thing I'm rich! :D

But hey, the leverage you lose in a negotiation like that is what happens when your best WR is a 4th year guy w/ the following #s:

2, 21, 0
7, 60, 0
23, 491,3
56, 838, 6

Something clearly had to be done and in a big way.

What's more is the comparison to Galloway. Price is very Galloway-like in his "style." Except Galloway started off much faster. Both are speed WRs.

I just don't think Price is gonna be what Atlanta thinks they got. And in Prisco's assessment, I think this deal is gonna fall short for them.

Well, just like N.E. fans w/ Bledsoe, we'll be watching to see who got the best of it. At worst, we got a very fair deal. At worst!

THATHURMANATOR
03-10-2003, 05:11 PM
I agree 100% with the Galloway comparison. Price is a lot like him in many aspects. I won't be rooting for Price to do bad or anything I just think Atl gave up more than they needed to here.

RedEyE
03-11-2003, 12:55 AM
Atlanta's Aurthur Blank is an owner, not a GM. I think that this hurt them in negotiations. Let's consider this:

What if Atlanta had been smart enough to hire Bills big whig Tom Modrak as their GM prior to opening negotiations with Buffalo. Atlanta could have quickly have given themselves more bargining power by hiring the savvy Modrak who completely knows the Bills financial situation, TDs bargining limitations, and the teams inside stance on Peerless. Being that Modrak and Donahoe are good friends, it's even possible that Atlanta could have acquired Price for less than a first round pick.

The under experienced Aurthur Blank wanted Price so bad he could taste it. He really wasn't even attemting to go elsewhere. Infact, Peerless wouldn't even see other teams. IMO, Blank lost the poker match. Even if he hadn't brought in Modrak for negotiations, they should have at least entertained courting Boston. Now I know that Boston really wanted San Diego, but had Atlanta more actively persued the the ex Cardinal WR, they may have had an opportunity to get something done. Atlanta gambled and paid big money to a good WR, but is Price really worth all that dough and their number 1 draft pick? I don't think so. Boston signed for less.