PDA

View Full Version : The white Chris Brown's update on the Turner situation

BILLSROCK1212
03-31-2007, 01:53 PM
Four suitors for RB Turner?
Today

Posted By: Chris Brown | Time: 1:48 PM ET | Link

TURNER TALK: According to a report in the San Diego Union-Tribune the Chargers are dealing with four suitors for backup running back Michael Turner. Sources also told the paper that Turner’s agent has spoken with at least one of those teams in hopes of getting a long-term deal done.

Apparently the Chargers are still seeking two picks – in the first and third rounds.

camelcowboy
03-31-2007, 01:56 PM
Yep, he's just rehashing this mornings article. If a 1 and a 3 is what they want then why even trade just sign. The chargers will have to lower their price if they really want to deal him.

Lexwhat
03-31-2007, 01:59 PM
Yep, he's just rehashing this mornings article. If a 1 and a 3 is what they want then why even trade just sign. The chargers will have to lower their price if they really want to deal him.

Good point!

dolphan117
03-31-2007, 02:12 PM
I doubt they honestly think they can get a 1st and 3rd for him.

OpIv37
03-31-2007, 02:13 PM
would it be worth swapping firsts and giving the Chargers a 3rd?

I doubt they'd go for that, but just throwing it out for discussion.

chubluv
03-31-2007, 02:14 PM
Thats to steep a price for us to pay(a 1st & a 3rd). If another team wants to pay that much let them.

Novacane
03-31-2007, 02:19 PM
I would not even give them a first much less a third too. Screw em.

Carlton Bailey
03-31-2007, 02:27 PM
I'd give a second this year and a third next year. That's my limit.

Novacane
03-31-2007, 02:34 PM
I'd give a second this year and a third next year. That's my limit.

I would not give them anything more than we got for Mcgahee.

Throne Logic
03-31-2007, 02:43 PM
I would not give them anything more than we got for Mcgahee.

Good point. If a starter can't command a 1st round pick, no backup should.

Think of the crap we'd get if we ended up trading more to acquire Turner than we got for trading McGahee.

uhg.

One second round pick. I still think Turner is a much better gamble than anyone Buffalo will get a shot at drafting this year, especially if they wait until round 2 to make that pick.

acehole
03-31-2007, 02:43 PM
The long term deal thing has to be us. I am starting to think we will be bidding only against ourselves. If I were Marv I would get the contract demands out of the way. ....and tell SD we want him....but give us one last shot before you let him go and we will let you know. I am thinking nobody ponies up the first. We do have some basis for trades this year. Matt Shaub was had for a swap of picks in first round (Dont know how far apart) and 2 3rd rounders. Certainly as a QB he is worth more then Turner. W Mcahhe was had for 2 x 3rd rounder and a fifth. T Jones a case of rum. So market has been some what established. In the end a second rounder does it....SD doesn't really have much here...he will walk if nothing gets done....they dont play ball. If the price is to high forget it...sign C Brown for a one year deal...and just sign M Turner next year....or draft on in Round one of 2008. They can get real creative if they want to do it....swap icks in first and third things like that......end the BS and it done!

Four suitors for RB Turner?
Today

Posted By: Chris Brown | Time: 1:48 PM ET | Link

TURNER TALK: According to a report in the San Diego Union-Tribune the Chargers are dealing with four suitors for backup running back Michael Turner. Sources also told the paper that Turner’s agent has spoken with at least one of those teams in hopes of getting a long-term deal done.

Apparently the Chargers are still seeking two picks – in the first and third rounds.

Meathead
03-31-2007, 06:29 PM
he runs really well for a white guy