PDA

View Full Version : Is now the time

LMB
03-10-2003, 03:31 PM
To spend some money on special teams. I love whats going on but as bad as the D was last year the ST were right there with them and have been bad for a # of years now. I just dont want any potential wholes in this team and ST do need to be addressed at some point.

lordofgun
03-10-2003, 03:32 PM
We definitely need to make sure we wrap up a PROVEN kicker!

jchild178
03-10-2003, 03:35 PM
a good kicker would be nice!! but f@#k the field goals we're scoring td's this year!

northernbillfan
03-10-2003, 03:42 PM
I hear Moorman can punt really high, and really long.

Hollis is good, but we do need someone a little more consistant in the K/O dept.

Other than that, I think our ST's tightened things up, in comparison to the first game of the season.

4thAndLong
03-10-2003, 03:47 PM
Even if we lose Hollis, I'm keeping my avatar. I'm too lazy to change it.

I like Lindell, I think he's a good fit. He had nothing but great things to say about the organization, and is a pretty good kicker. Anyone know how he is on kickoffs?

jchild178
03-10-2003, 03:51 PM
he wasnt great on kickoffs at all but he was 23 of 29 on field goals last year....i read when lindell kicked off the other teams were averaging field position at the 30....i was thinking of morten anderson

Pride
03-10-2003, 03:52 PM
I think one we made the switch from rookies and scrugs starting on ST's to throwing a few starters on (Winfield for one), it made a large difference.

You need fast, sure tacklers on field. It wasnt that our philosophy was bad. Kick the ball as far as you can and TACKLE the guy with the ball.

it was the tackling part that killed us.

2 years ago, it was the philosophy that sucked

LMB
03-10-2003, 03:54 PM
I ment more on coverage or lack there of. It would be nice to have a kicker that can cause touch backs but I mean after the ball is caught and all those 35-50+ yard returns. They drove me nuts last year. Lets not forget the long fields Drew had to work cause of our weak returns.

LtBillsFan66
03-10-2003, 03:56 PM
When did we sign this guy? Sounds like a solid specail teamer. Anyone know?

http://www.buffalobills.com/team/playerpage.cfm?player_id=6860

TedMock
03-10-2003, 04:05 PM
what about one of these stud college kickers in a late round? I'm normally hugely opposed to drafting kickers but supposedly there are a few very good kickers this year. why not try late round gamble? some of these rounds' picks don't make the team anyway. I'm just throwing it out there but I don't know much about the guys coming out this year. I'm going off what I've been told by a few buddies.

Typ0
03-10-2003, 04:15 PM
Lindell can't kick off worth squat. Get someone in here who can kick off we need the damn yards.