PDA

View Full Version : Updated Mock

jdbillsfan
03-31-2007, 09:49 PM
Here is my updated Mock with the Michael Turner trade. Though I would like to swap firsts, or give up a 2nd & 3rd instead, I don't think it is realistic or will happen.

1st - Bills trade 1st in 07 and Ravens 3rd in 08 for Michael Turner (If they give up less, than great, just preparing)

2nd - Zach Miller TE UCLA. Bills have some options here. OLB, WR, CB. I think a good pass catching TE would really help JP and the rest of the offense.

3rd - Justin Durant OLB Hampton. Big Hitter and Fiery. Can help replace some of the fieryness from Spikes. (Not sure if Fieryness is a word, but oh well)

3rd - Josh Wilson DB Maryland. Very fast, good cover man.

4th - Leron McLain FB Alabama. May be a little early but fills a big hole. Good receiver out of the backfield, seems like a good locker room guy

6th - Brandon Myles WR WVA. Not quite the size I would like for our #2 but has upside.

7th - Paul Thompson QB/WR Oklahoma. He may go earlier since teams like the new hybrid player who can play QB, WR a la Brad Smith.

This draft might not fill the hole of having a better #2 WR, but can't do everything in this draft. They could go with a WR in round 2, instead of TE, I just think Miller can have more of an affect this season.

Nighthawk
03-31-2007, 09:59 PM
Sorry, but they makes no sense at all. If the Bills give up a first for Turner, this organization will be trying to make up for it for another 3 years. He's worth a 3rd and no more. Also, if they did, there is no way they don't take a LB in the 2nd...TE is not need position.

streetkings01
03-31-2007, 10:05 PM
The only way our 1st rd pick is involved in a trade for Turner is if we flop picks! I think Turner is worth the risk of giving up our 2nd rd pick and nothing more IMO! I dont think I would take Turner over Peterson or Lynch, but I would take him over every other RB in the draft. A 2nd rd pick should do it, so it's all up to if the Bills feel he's worth that.

jdbillsfan
03-31-2007, 10:12 PM
Sorry, but they makes no sense at all. If the Bills give up a first for Turner, this organization will be trying to make up for it for another 3 years. He's worth a 3rd and no more. Also, if they did, there is no way they don't take a LB in the 2nd...TE is not need position.

Saying that we can get him for a 3rd makes no sense to me at least. Obviously I would love that, but they tendered him with a 1st and 3rd. We can hopefully get him for less, but there seem to be many teams interested and he is a proven quality back.

I think the Bills have many holes, so its just a question of best player available at a position of need. Durant fills the hole at LB.

camelcowboy
03-31-2007, 10:58 PM

Turner is worth more then a third, a second is ideal, but TE even though its not a major hole its definately a need. Watching royal forget to drag his foot against Tennesse pretty reminds me that we still need a decent TE.

BILLSROCK1212
03-31-2007, 11:56 PM
Zach Miller played for AZ St.

Buffalogic
03-31-2007, 11:58 PM
He sure did!

Nighthawk
04-01-2007, 11:06 AM
Turner is worth more then a third, a second is ideal, but TE even though its not a major hole its definately a need. Watching royal forget to drag his foot against Tennesse pretty reminds me that we still need a decent TE.

Yes, I would like the TE position upgraded, but there is NO WAY we upgrade it in the 2nd. Sorry, not going to happen.

ddaryl
04-01-2007, 11:23 AM
1st - Bills trade 1st in 07 and Ravens 3rd in 08 for Michael Turner (If they give up less, than great, just preparing)

This would be one of th stupidest moves in all of pro football.

There is no intelligent reason for offering up a 1st rd pick for a player who has made all of his production on a SB competing team with an associated SB worthy OL and LT as a starting RB.

Turner is a former 5th rd pick, who has made most of his yards in garabge time.

So knowing that and knowing we traded a bonafide starting RB with a couple of 1000 yd seasons for 2 3rd picks why would the Bills be foolish enough to trade more for a backup then they recieved for a starter ???

this Turner is worth a 1st rd pick stuff is starting to become extrememly comical.

Briggs is worth a 1st rd pick based upon him being starter with stats to match. Turner is backup with potential and you offer backup with potential compensation and nothing more unless you are trying to drive the team into another 5 years of mediocrity.

BILLSROCK1212
04-01-2007, 11:37 AM
He sure did!
yea....it said he played for UCLA

tampabay25690
04-01-2007, 01:12 PM
If we give up a 1st which I know we wont for Turner I give up....Then we might as well draft Lynch he is younger.................

jdbillsfan
04-01-2007, 02:27 PM

Thanks. Sorry about that. I was watching the UCLA vs Florida game last night, so I must have got side tracked.

jdbillsfan
04-01-2007, 02:32 PM
This would be one of th stupidest moves in all of pro football.

There is no intelligent reason for offering up a 1st rd pick for a player who has made all of his production on a SB competing team with an associated SB worthy OL and LT as a starting RB.

Turner is a former 5th rd pick, who has made most of his yards in garabge time.

So knowing that and knowing we traded a bonafide starting RB with a couple of 1000 yd seasons for 2 3rd picks why would the Bills be foolish enough to trade more for a backup then they recieved for a starter ???

this Turner is worth a 1st rd pick stuff is starting to become extrememly comical.

Briggs is worth a 1st rd pick based upon him being starter with stats to match. Turner is backup with potential and you offer backup with potential compensation and nothing more unless you are trying to drive the team into another 5 years of mediocrity.

He is more proven than Marshawn Lynch or almost any player you will draft with the 12th pick. Obviously I would like to give up less, and hopefully they do, but I created this mock based on the fact that they do give up a 1st for him.

Turner is faster, has break away speed and runs with conviction. McGahee gets lucky to break a 20 yarder.

He was drafted in the 5th, but has proven to be a very capable runner in this league. I don't think what round he was drafted has much to do with this.