PDA

View Full Version : Snyder to sell 'Skins!?!?!?!?

BILLSROCK1212
04-01-2007, 11:18 AM
SNYDER TO SELL IF 'SKINS STUMBLE AGAIN?

After eight years of trying to take the Washington Redskins back to the Super Bowl, owner Dan Snyder could soon be admitting that he's not cut out for the role.

A league source tells us that, if the 'Skins fail to make the playoffs in 2007, Snyder might be firing the only person whom he hasn't fired yet. Himself.

"He seems to be starting to realize that he's the common denominator for every season since he bought the team," said the source. "The question right now is whether he loves the Redskins enough to walk away and let someone else take over."

The source said that another possibility would be for Snyder to sell the majority share of the team to someone else, and then to take a backseat to a new owner.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

Mitchy moo
04-01-2007, 11:20 AM
He'll sell them for $1.5 Billion, break out the money he has in them with a little change and get to keep 30% ownership with great seats.

Devin
04-01-2007, 11:32 AM
April Fools......

DMBcrew36
04-01-2007, 01:22 PM
I wish he really would. Snyder is a ***** and the NFL would be wayyy better without him.

OpIv37
04-01-2007, 01:28 PM
I wish he really would. Snyder is a ***** and the NFL would be wayyy better without him.

agreed but this is either just an internet rumor or an April Fools joke. Snyder makes INSANE amounts of money off the Redskins (I'm in the area so i know first- hand how they overprice and milk every last cent out of their fans), even though they've struggled a little during his tenure.

Right now, he has a lot of GM type powers and he and Gibbs make most of the GM decisions with input from VP of Player Personnel Vinny Cerrato (at least I think he's still there). If the team isn't doing well, Snyder would be better off just changing his management structure and hiring a real GM like most teams do. He has the bucks to lure someone good away from another team.