• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Devin
    The Octagon
    • Apr 2003

Turner Sweepstakes

Now that the Randy Moss rumors have died down (for now), the latest Green Bay trade talk has the Packers sending the 16th pick in the draft to San Diego for the 30th pick and running back Michael "The Burner" Turner. Stay tuned.
    http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php
  • Michael82
    • Jul 2002

Re: Turner Sweepstakes

I might be willing to do a swap.

Comment

• BILLSROCK1212
      !?!?!?!?!?
      • Mar 2006

if this were to happen we could trade down pretty far and still get Lynch but I would only do this if Willis wasn't on the board

Comment

• TacklingDummy
        Unreachable Douche
        • Jul 2002

I'd rather use our own 5th round pick on a RB.

Comment

• Carlton Bailey

Nothing for Turner should involve a first-rounder from our standpoint. Like I said in another thread, at most I'd give a second this year and a third next.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
            Unreachable Douche
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Carlton Bailey
            Nothing for Turner should involve a first-rounder from our standpoint. Like I said in another thread, at most I'd give a second this year and a third next.

Even that is too much.

Turner has done nothing special in the NFL and he was a 5th round pick. Why on earth would people want to give up our 1st rounder for him?

Comment

• camelcowboy
              • Mar 2005

Ill take that swap in a heart beat. 30 is the prime position for a top outside linebacker or WR in this draft. Then you still have your second rounder to use on the best player available.

Comment

• camelcowboy
                • Mar 2005

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
                Even that is too much.

Turner has done nothing special in the NFL and he was a 5th round pick. Why on earth would people want to give up our 1st rounder for him?
                He was a good back in college and people believed that his college production wouldn't translate on the NFL level. Guess what? he has shown he is ready to be a starter in this league and has done nothing but impressed in spot action. Just because he was a fifth round pick four years ago means absolutely nothing, the fact you keep bringing it up shows how little you know about the sport.

Comment

• Bulldog
                  Top Dog
                  • Jan 2003

I'd rather use our own 5th round pick on a RB.
                  Buffalo doesn't have a 5th round pick this year. And name me a RB that could be had in the 5th round that could match Turner's skill set. SD grabbed him in the 5th round and hit the jackpot. Using your logic, what is the value of Jason Peters? Buffalo signed him as an UFA and he has developed into one of the best young LT's in the NFL. Turner is Buffalo's best option besides Peterson, and no way no how will AP be there at the 12 pick.
                  I only drink when I'm alone or with others.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                    Unreachable Douche
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by camelcowboy
                    He was a good back in college and people believed that his college production wouldn't translate on the NFL level. Guess what? he has shown he is ready to be a starter in this league and has done nothing but impressed in spot action. Just because he was a fifth round pick four years ago means absolutely nothing, the fact you keep bringing it up shows how little you know about the sport.
                    And the Bills can't find a back that was good in college later in the draft?

He's impressed behind one of the best lines in the league in garbage time. Im sure many backups in this league would be just as impressive in the same situation.

What team are you GM of again?

Comment

• Bulldog
                      Top Dog
                      • Jan 2003

He's impressed behind one of the best lines in the league in garbage time. Im sure many backups in this league would be just as impressive in the same situation.

Did you watch any SD games this year? Because if you did, you would know that Turner played in more than just garbage time.

Comment

• jamesiscool
                        suck it fool.
                        • Feb 2007

the real question is what team are u gm of again?
                        Sec 241 row 12 seat 23

Comment

• camelcowboy
                          • Mar 2005

Stick with your bash losman campagin, your the type of person thats not happy unless they have something to ***** about.

Comment

• djjimkelly
                            • Apr 2003

this is scary tackling dummy im agreeing with everything your saying in this thread!!!!!!

Comment

• Bulldog
                              Top Dog
                              • Jan 2003

Provide me with a list of RB's that can be had late in the draft that you feel can signifacantly upgrade the Bills running game. I understand that you don't like Turner, but give me some alternatives.

Comment

Working...
                              X