PDA

View Full Version : Turner Sweepstakes

Devin
04-01-2007, 11:34 AM
Now that the Randy Moss rumors have died down (for now), the latest Green Bay trade talk has the Packers sending the 16th pick in the draft to San Diego for the 30th pick and running back Michael "The Burner" Turner. Stay tuned.

http://www.nj.com/columns/times/eckel/index.ssf?/base/columns-0/1175400163278700.xml&coll=5

Michael82
04-01-2007, 11:37 AM
I might be willing to do a swap.

BILLSROCK1212
04-01-2007, 11:40 AM
http://www.nj.com/columns/times/eckel/index.ssf?/base/columns-0/1175400163278700.xml&coll=5
if this were to happen we could trade down pretty far and still get Lynch but I would only do this if Willis wasn't on the board

TacklingDummy
04-01-2007, 11:48 AM
I'd rather use our own 5th round pick on a RB.

Carlton Bailey
04-01-2007, 11:49 AM
Nothing for Turner should involve a first-rounder from our standpoint. Like I said in another thread, at most I'd give a second this year and a third next.

TacklingDummy
04-01-2007, 11:51 AM
Nothing for Turner should involve a first-rounder from our standpoint. Like I said in another thread, at most I'd give a second this year and a third next.

Even that is too much.

Turner has done nothing special in the NFL and he was a 5th round pick. Why on earth would people want to give up our 1st rounder for him?

camelcowboy
04-01-2007, 11:57 AM
Ill take that swap in a heart beat. 30 is the prime position for a top outside linebacker or WR in this draft. Then you still have your second rounder to use on the best player available.

camelcowboy
04-01-2007, 12:01 PM
Even that is too much.

Turner has done nothing special in the NFL and he was a 5th round pick. Why on earth would people want to give up our 1st rounder for him?

He was a good back in college and people believed that his college production wouldn't translate on the NFL level. Guess what? he has shown he is ready to be a starter in this league and has done nothing but impressed in spot action. Just because he was a fifth round pick four years ago means absolutely nothing, the fact you keep bringing it up shows how little you know about the sport.

Bulldog
04-01-2007, 12:09 PM
I'd rather use our own 5th round pick on a RB.

Buffalo doesn't have a 5th round pick this year. And name me a RB that could be had in the 5th round that could match Turner's skill set. SD grabbed him in the 5th round and hit the jackpot. Using your logic, what is the value of Jason Peters? Buffalo signed him as an UFA and he has developed into one of the best young LT's in the NFL. Turner is Buffalo's best option besides Peterson, and no way no how will AP be there at the 12 pick.

TacklingDummy
04-01-2007, 12:14 PM
He was a good back in college and people believed that his college production wouldn't translate on the NFL level. Guess what? he has shown he is ready to be a starter in this league and has done nothing but impressed in spot action. Just because he was a fifth round pick four years ago means absolutely nothing, the fact you keep bringing it up shows how little you know about the sport.

And the Bills can't find a back that was good in college later in the draft?

He's impressed behind one of the best lines in the league in garbage time. Im sure many backups in this league would be just as impressive in the same situation.

What team are you GM of again?

Bulldog
04-01-2007, 12:18 PM

He's impressed behind one of the best lines in the league in garbage time. Im sure many backups in this league would be just as impressive in the same situation.

Did you watch any SD games this year? Because if you did, you would know that Turner played in more than just garbage time.

jamesiscool
04-01-2007, 12:19 PM

the real question is what team are u gm of again?

camelcowboy
04-01-2007, 12:24 PM

Stick with your bash losman campagin, your the type of person thats not happy unless they have something to ***** about.

djjimkelly
04-01-2007, 12:24 PM

this is scary tackling dummy im agreeing with everything your saying in this thread!!!!!!

Bulldog
04-01-2007, 12:41 PM

Provide me with a list of RB's that can be had late in the draft that you feel can signifacantly upgrade the Bills running game. I understand that you don't like Turner, but give me some alternatives.

gr8slayer
04-01-2007, 01:02 PM
Why we aren't considering swapping picks is beyond me. This is a weak draft and there isn't anyone at twelve that I'll die if we don't have.

gr8slayer
04-01-2007, 01:07 PM
"The latest Green Bay trade talk" reportedly has the Packers sending the No. 16 pick to San Diego for Michael Turner and the No. 30 choice.
A Turner rumor that actually makes sense. The Bills and Titans may also have interest in acquiring the Chargers' restricted free agent backup.

patmoran2006
04-01-2007, 01:11 PM
Just so everyone is aware.

Turner's agent is also the agent for Bret Farve (Gus Cook)

It wouldnt surprise me at all if GB made this trade. Why wouldn't they? They'd have Turner instead of Lynch and they would STILL get a player at the end of round 1 as well.

The Bills need a RB badly. It is BEYOND ME why Buffalo wouldnt make the same trade; You get Turner AND you can still get a Beason, Timmons or Siler at the end of round one.

That's pretty much a 2-for-1. What's the problem? ESPECIALLY if Willis is gone.. You gotta be kidding me. I dont think Pos at 12 is better than any of those LB's I just mentioned, and even if they're around even; you get TURNER as well..Which would equate to filling TWO needs in round one, without losing any other day one picks (3 more of them)

Michael82
04-01-2007, 01:12 PM
Why we aren't considering swapping picks is beyond me. This is a weak draft and there isn't anyone at twelve that I'll die if we don't have.
agreed. Plus we need an OLB and trading down to 30 would net us one of the many OLBs in the draft, maybe even Beason or Siler. :up:

gr8slayer
04-01-2007, 01:14 PM
The only thing that worries me about Turner is the money he will command. He wants to be paid like a top tier RB (no link, just makes sense). After the RJ crap back in the day I always ask myself, what if. I think this guy is just as risky as RJ was back in the day myself, but thankfully any moron can pound the rock.

patmoran2006
agreed. Plus we need an OLB and trading down to 30 would net us one of the many OLBs in the draft, maybe even Beason or Siler. :up:
At least one of them would be for sure.. Absolutely.

If they cant get a stud like Briggs straight up for the 12th, the deal with Turner is the next best thing.. They can swap picks and still fill two holes for the price of one.

gr8slayer
:drool:

Michael82
04-01-2007, 01:17 PM
:drool:
Yup.... :drool:

TacklingDummy
04-01-2007, 01:38 PM
Provide me with a list of RB's that can be had late in the draft that you feel can signifacantly upgrade the Bills running game. I understand that you don't like Turner, but give me some alternatives.

Whatever Marv feels is best. Running Backs can be found later in the draft.

I never said I didn't like Turner. I just think giving up a 1st or 2nd round pick for him is asnine.

TacklingDummy
04-01-2007, 01:39 PM
Did you watch any SD games this year? Because if you did, you would know that Turner played in more than just garbage time.

Agreed.

ParanoidAndroid
04-01-2007, 01:46 PM

How do you know who is going to be there at 12? I also disagree that this is a weak draft. Patrick Willis is a better looking prospect than Vilma was. The best running back we have had since Thurman Thomas was Henry. What round did we pick him in again?....late second wasn't it? 2001 was Donahoe's best day one draft by far. He promptly followed it up with his worst the very next year.