PDA

View Full Version : Our 12th pick is kind of looking scary.

HHURRICANE
04-01-2007, 12:22 PM
We could end up with Wills, Peterson, or Okoye sitting there at #12.

Or they could all be gone and we will end up with a guy that we could have gotten in the second round. This reminds me of a few years ago where Pittsburgh, who was one pick ahead of us, took Rothlinsburger.

"With the 11th pick the San Francisco 49ers take Patrick Willis."

Michael82
04-01-2007, 12:32 PM

Or they could all be gone and we will end up with a guy that we could have gotten in the second round. This reminds me of a few years ago where Pittsburgh, who was one pick ahead of us, took Rothlinsburger.

That's why I'm hoping that if we don't trade for Briggs, the 49ers trade for him instead. Then it would help Willis fall to us. :pray:

SABURZFAN
04-01-2007, 01:13 PM

okoye.....maybe.the other two......no.

gr8slayer
04-01-2007, 01:15 PM
That's why I'm hoping that if we don't trade for Briggs, the 49ers trade for him instead. Then it would help Willis fall to us. :pray:
Give me the seasoned, proven vet over the "potential" rookie ANYDAY.

Mudflap1
04-01-2007, 01:16 PM
Yeah, Lee Evans has turned out to be a real bust...

Jon

HHURRICANE
04-01-2007, 01:20 PM

Jon

?????

I'm not sure what your point is but this is a pretty weak draft after the top ten.

Lee Evans draft class was alot deeper than this one.

patmoran2006
04-01-2007, 01:21 PM

Jon
Evans wasnt a reach..He pretty much went where he was projected to go by most, in the 13-16 range.

And for every Lee Evans, there are 10 Mike Williams (the receiver)

Throne Logic
04-01-2007, 01:59 PM
Evans wasnt a reach..He pretty much went where he was projected to go by most, in the 13-16 range.

And for every Lee Evans, there are 10 Mike Williams (the receiver)

Heck, why limit it to "the receiver". "With the fourth pick in this year's draft, the Buffalo Bills select . . ."

uhg.

djjimkelly
04-01-2007, 03:10 PM

now hurricane lol i wouldnt use 3 years agos draft as a failure. yes big ben has won a superbowl but IMO his D and bettis won that bowl. but last year he looked poor and his first 2 years he didnt exactly rip it up in fact i think he will be hard pressed to be a playoff QB for the next several years

we sadly "sarcasm" had to settle for lee evans and then came back with losman about 10-15 picks later i actually think DUMAHOE had a great day on that draft day.

at this point im hoping for either willis or lynch with the 12th pick!!!!!!!!!! but wont flip at us taking anyon e else becuz i flipped last year when we took whitner and he looks pretty damn good!!

HHURRICANE
04-01-2007, 03:17 PM
now hurricane lol i wouldnt use 3 years agos draft as a failure. yes big ben has won a superbowl but IMO his D and bettis won that bowl. but last year he looked poor and his first 2 years he didnt exactly rip it up in fact i think he will be hard pressed to be a playoff QB for the next several years

we sadly "sarcasm" had to settle for lee evans and then came back with losman about 10-15 picks later i actually think DUMAHOE had a great day on that draft day.

at this point im hoping for either willis or lynch with the 12th pick!!!!!!!!!! but wont flip at us taking anyon e else becuz i flipped last year when we took whitner and he looks pretty damn good!!

Where did I ever say it was a bad draft?! We wanted Ben Rothlinsberger but Pittsburgh got him first. It's just a fact not an opinion.

Evans wasn't a stretch by any means but if Ben had been there he would be wearing a Bills Uni.

My point, for those who can't read, is that everyone wants Willis and he may be gone. Our 12th pick may end up netting us a guy that would be around in the second round. That's how big a drop off there is.

The draft Evans was in was alot deeper. Ben was gone, we took Evans, no big deal. This time around I don't think Lee Evans will be sitting at #12.