PDA

View Full Version : Im for....

Devin
04-01-2007, 12:34 PM
Whatever doesnt require us moving out of 12.

ublinkwescore
04-01-2007, 12:35 PM
What about parting with #12 for Briggs?

are you for that?

DraftBoy
04-01-2007, 12:40 PM
Hell no

Devin
04-01-2007, 12:41 PM
No I am not. Urlachers sidekick wont have urlacher here.

OpIv37
04-01-2007, 12:46 PM

Our biggest hole is LB.

If we keep the 12 pick:
1. There is no guarantee Willis will be available.
2. There is no guarantee Marv will pick him if he's available
3. There is no guarantee he won't be a bust
4. There is no guarantee that he'll be ready to step in and play well immediately- even if he turns out to be great it may take him a year or two to get there.

If we trade the 12 for Briggs, we would have used it to fill our biggest hole with a proven NFL player rather than risking it on a draft pick who may or may not be there and who may or may not be good.

I understand that playing next to Urlacher helped Briggs, but he's still an improvement over anything we have and he's got NFL experience that any draft pick lacks. And he's only 26 so he has some solid years left- he won't just be a 2 year stopgap.

Devin
04-01-2007, 12:50 PM
Our biggest hole is LB.

If we keep the 12 pick:
4. There is no guarantee that he'll be ready to step in and play well immediately- even if he turns out to be great it may take him a year or two to get there.

If we trade the 12 for Briggs, we would have used it to fill our biggest hole with a proven NFL player rather than risking it on a draft pick who may or may not be there and who may or may not be good.

I understand that playing next to Urlacher helped Briggs, but he's still an improvement over anything we have and he's got NFL experience that any draft pick lacks. And he's only 26 so he has some solid years left- he won't just be a 2 year stopgap.

Briggs isnt bad at all, however he benefitted by playing next to the best MLB in football and behind a stellar DL.

Neither of which he has here.

I like the guy, but given what he will cost and what his contract demands maybe (did anyone read the Skins offer?) ill pass.

patmoran2006
04-01-2007, 12:50 PM
Our biggest hole is LB.

If we keep the 12 pick:

Dont bother..

SABURZFAN
04-01-2007, 01:02 PM

we could move up or down in the draft.we have enough draft picks to make a play to move up or we could move down and get another pick.you can never have too many Day 1 draft picks.

gr8slayer
04-01-2007, 01:16 PM
we could move up or down in the draft.we have enough draft picks to make a play to move up or we could move down and get another pick.you can never have too many Day 1 draft picks.
Amen to that.

BILLSROCK1212
04-01-2007, 01:49 PM
i am for whatever requires trading down

YardRat
04-01-2007, 03:25 PM
I don't mind moving from 12, I just don't want to move out of the first completely.

Philagape
04-01-2007, 03:28 PM
If Willis isn't there, I don't want to draft 12th

Night Train
04-01-2007, 03:34 PM
I'm for winning more football games and not foolishly imagining every college player mentioned as a 1st, 2nd rounder is a " stud "... even though more than half never make an impact in the NFL.

gr8slayer
04-01-2007, 03:38 PM
I'm for winning more football games and not foolishly imagining every college player mentioned as a 1st, 2nd rounder is a " stud "... even though more than half never make an impact in the NFL.
:respect:

acehole
04-01-2007, 03:51 PM
Funny thing is we wait for next year and M Turner and L Briggs with both be Fa's....