• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Alexander's better than POS

Without getting into explanation: If no trades are made.. I think Rufus Alexander will be a better LB in the NFL that Posluszny, ESPECIALLY in a cover two defense-- and Alexander could be had in the second round.

There wont be as many teams on Alexander's radar as some other LBs because kinda like Cato June, he's built only for a cover two defense.

I think Buffalo would be EXTREMELY foolish to take Posluszny in round one; whether it was at 12 or trading down. They'd be much better served to draft a potential franchsie RB like Lynch; a solid #2 WR to give Evans much needed help; or even trading down and then taking a TE like Olsen (though I HATE Rosenhaus clients)

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • SABURZFAN
    short bus extraordinaire
    • Jul 2002

Re: Alexander's better than POS

Originally posted by patmoran2006
    I think Buffalo would be EXTREMELY foolish to take Posluszny in round one

i agree.
    Originally posted by yordad
    Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• GarnOFreak
      • Aug 2004

why do you think Alexander would be a better fit though? He's shorter, only weighs 228lbs and ran a 4.8 40 yard dash? If you think Poz is slow, he's even slower. He has crept into the last two picks of the 1st round in some mocks recently(chicago and indy....to replace Briggs or June). So, apparently people think he fits into the Cover 2 well, but other than those two teams reaching for him, he should be a 2nd round selection. Has anyone seen him play a lot this year? Does he have great instincts, make people around him better, or great leadership? If so, share the info, man.
      "Littlest Bill provides biggest punch"
      Niagara Gazette reports: 'Parrish’s return was more about an electric returner scaring the bejeezus out of would-be tacklers than a group of kindergartners feebly chasing a hamster after someone forgot to latch the cage.'

Comment

• patmoran2006
        Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
        • Dec 2005

Originally posted by GarnOFreak
        why do you think Alexander would be a better fit though? He's shorter, only weighs 228lbs and ran a 4.8 40 yard dash? If you think Poz is slow, he's even slower. He has crept into the last two picks of the 1st round in some mocks recently(chicago and indy....to replace Briggs or June). So, apparently people think he fits into the Cover 2 well, but other than those two teams reaching for him, he should be a 2nd round selection. Has anyone seen him play a lot this year? Does he have great instincts, make people around him better, or great leadership? If so, share the info, man.
        1- I said Alexander is a second rounder.. I never said the Bills should draft him in the first round.

2- He does fit into a cover two well, only a handful of teams use it, that's why I think he's there in round two.

From nfl.com"
        Compares To: Ian Gold, Denver -- Put Alexander in a Cover-2 defense, where he will play in space and utilize his speed, and you will have a very effective player on the weak side … Some compare him to Derrick Brooks, but while he has that closing speed, he lacks the instincts and feel for the ball that Brooks displays … He could make like Seattle's Michael Boulware and shift to safety at the next level to compensate for a lack of bulk … He is best served playing on the move, as his recovery speed lets him make up for a lack of superb field awareness. "

Comment

• Michael82
          • Jul 2002

BTW, isn't his nickname "Poz" ?

Comment

• patmoran2006
            Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
            • Dec 2005

His nickname is Chad Greenway.

Very productive player in college.

Comment

• GarnOFreak
              • Aug 2004

1- I said Alexander is a second rounder.. I never said the Bills should draft him in the first round.

2- He does fit into a cover two well, only a handful of teams use it, that's why I think he's there in round two.

From nfl.com"
              Compares To: Ian Gold, Denver -- Put Alexander in a Cover-2 defense, where he will play in space and utilize his speed, and you will have a very effective player on the weak side … Some compare him to Derrick Brooks, but while he has that closing speed, he lacks the instincts and feel for the ball that Brooks displays … He could make like Seattle's Michael Boulware and shift to safety at the next level to compensate for a lack of bulk … He is best served playing on the move, as his recovery speed lets him make up for a lack of superb field awareness. "
              Thanks for the insight on why you have your opinion, I was just wondering why you liked him better as a starter for SLB to replace Spikes, when we already have two smaller faster guys back there in Ellison and Crowell. It's gonna be like having 5 large safeties on the field(when you add in Ko and Donte). That out to help our run defense. At least they should(in theory) be faster to the ball and able to gang tackle people, rather than just mis-tackling like last year.
              "Littlest Bill provides biggest punch"
              Niagara Gazette reports: 'Parrish’s return was more about an electric returner scaring the bejeezus out of would-be tacklers than a group of kindergartners feebly chasing a hamster after someone forgot to latch the cage.'

Comment

• Devin
                The Octagon
                • Apr 2003

Without getting into explanation: If no trades are made.. I think Rufus Alexander will be a better LB in the NFL that Posluszny, ESPECIALLY in a cover two defense-- and Alexander could be had in the second round.

There wont be as many teams on Alexander's radar as some other LBs because kinda like Cato June, he's built only for a cover two defense.

I think Buffalo would be EXTREMELY foolish to take Posluszny in round one; whether it was at 12 or trading down. They'd be much better served to draft a potential franchsie RB like Lynch; a solid #2 WR to give Evans much needed help; or even trading down and then taking a TE like Olsen (though I HATE Rosenhaus clients)
                http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• Devin
                  The Octagon
                  • Apr 2003

His nickname is Chad Greenway.

Very productive player in college.
                  Absolutley ZERO facts. The two arent even remotley similar in build, style of play, or production.

The only thing they have in common is they are white. Which I suspect is pats hangup. Hes yet to spit any factual reasoning other then "I just dont like him". Doubtful hes even seen a game.

Comment

• Bmax
                    • Aug 2003

Well i just can't wait to see the angry posts of Bills fans after the Bills select Paul Posluszny in rd 1 at pick 12 ....

The bills are stupid ......wow .. why? .. way too high .. Bust etc....

Just like last year .. what a bad pick that was....

LOL

Trust me Marv Knows Best

BMAX

Comment

• Tatonka
                      • Jul 2002

this is pats 10th thread about Pos and how he hates him.. rofl

can someone really confirm that alexander ran a ****ing 4.8.. seriously.. a FOUR POINT EIGHT??

you mine as well put OKOYE at LB.. he would be faster.
                      "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Night Train
                        Retired - On Several Levels
                        • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Tatonka
                        can someone really confirm that alexander ran a ****ing 4.8.. seriously.. a FOUR POINT EIGHT??

you mine as well put OKOYE at LB.. he would be faster.
                        6-1 232lbs. 4.69
                        Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Tatonka
                          • Jul 2002

wow.. a 4.7 is still awful..

that is great.. pat calls pos slow.. and he ran faster than alexander.. yet pat has a boner for alexander and says that he would be a perfect fit in the cover 2 speed defense.

and the guy who won the best linebacker in the country award is a piece of crap.
                          "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Devin
                            The Octagon
                            • Apr 2003

Alexander is black. Therefor he gets a pass.

Comment

• Tatonka
                              • Jul 2002

AH...

but his name is rufus.. isnt there a deduction for that, even though he is not white?

Comment

Working...
                              X