PDA

View Full Version : Please Marv DO NOT GIVE UP OUR FIRST FOR TURNER

THATHURMANATOR
04-01-2007, 02:49 PM
Thank you.

BILLSROCK1212
04-01-2007, 02:52 PM
if we got Turner and swapped firts it would be just like taking Lynch or some other RB with the 12th pick and getting the 30th pick for free but if we just gave it away for Turner then I 100% agree

Yasgur's Farm
04-01-2007, 02:55 PM
3 way trade...
Bills get Briggs, Turner, Bears 2nd, and Chargers 4th.
Bears get Bills 1st and Ravens 2008 3rd.
Chargers get Bears 1st and 3rd.

Bills are left with the following draft picks...
Bills 2nd
Bears 2nd
Bills 3rd
Ravens 3rd
Bills 4th
Chargers 4th
Bills 6th
Bills 7th
Ravens 7th

BILLSROCK1212
04-01-2007, 02:56 PM
3 way trade...

Bills 2nd
Bears 2nd
Bills 3rd
Ravens 3rd
Bills 4th
Chargers 4th
Bills 6th
Bills 7th
Ravens 7ththat would be a dream come true but is unrealistic

Bond
04-01-2007, 02:59 PM
Thank you.
A first is totally out of the question at this point, I believe that turner will be had for a 2nd rounder. I dont think it will be a third because the Chargers will most likely get a 3rd or a 4th, most likely a 4th in 2009 as a compensation pick awarded by the nfl.

Why in the world would you think it would take a first?

Pinkerton Security
04-01-2007, 03:02 PM
I like the guy's speed and size but for the lord's sake, this guy is a backup, and players like Culpepper and MCgahee, who were proven good players (though now I would never want either of them on my team, just providing some sort of frame of reference) didnt even garner a 1st rounder when they were traded. We all see how Atlanta robbed Houston blind in the Schaub trade, and how we robbed Atlanta in the Peerless trade. I just dont see how we could ever give up our first rounder for a backup, no matter how much potential a guy has, and no matter how productive he has been in that role.

Bond
04-01-2007, 03:03 PM
I like the guy's speed and size but for the lord's sake, this guy is a backup, and players like Culpepper and MCgahee, who were proven good players (though now I would never want either of them on my team, just providing some sort of frame of reference) didnt even garner a 1st rounder when they were traded. We all see how Atlanta robbed Houston blind in the Schaub trade, and how we robbed Atlanta in the Peerless trade. I just dont see how we could ever give up our first rounder for a backup, no matter how much potential a guy has, and no matter how productive he has been in that role.

Its good that he was a backup, less mileage

Pinkerton Security
04-01-2007, 03:04 PM
A first is totally out of the question at this point, I believe that turner will be had for a 2nd rounder. I dont think it will be a third because the Chargers will most likely get a 3rd or a 4th, most likely a 4th in 2009 as a compensation pick awarded by the nfl.

Why in the world would you think it would take a first?
because thats what people have been speculating it may take, at least ive read it many times on here.

Tatonka
04-01-2007, 03:12 PM
it just depends on what the team thinks of turner.

if they think that turner is a better option that lynch.. if they think he is going to be a better player, then they should do it.. if they were planning on taking lynch anyway.

YardRat
04-01-2007, 03:15 PM
They just had an update on NFLN...San Diego's looking for a first and a third to make the deal.

Night Train
04-01-2007, 03:19 PM
They just had an update on NFLN...San Diego's looking for a first and a third to make the deal.

That's just parroting what was written in the SD Union yesterday. Nothing new.

It's all part of the poker game. The draft is 4 weekends away.

Illmatic15
04-01-2007, 03:25 PM
Im just curious, do you really think Marv Levy looks at these forums?...

acehole
04-01-2007, 03:55 PM
I posted an idea not to far off this one...

3 way trade...

Bills 2nd
Bears 2nd
Bills 3rd
Ravens 3rd
Bills 4th
Chargers 4th
Bills 6th
Bills 7th
Ravens 7th

Yasgur's Farm
04-01-2007, 04:41 PM
I posted an idea not to far off this one...There's quite a few possibillities involving this scenario.

acehole
04-01-2007, 04:53 PM
There's quite a few possibillities involving this scenario.

k

madness
04-01-2007, 06:18 PM
"If you listen too much to the fans, you'll soon find yourself sitting with them."

Nighthawk
04-01-2007, 07:41 PM
Let me state it one more time...TURNER IS NOT WORTH A FIRST ROUNDER...period!

HHURRICANE
04-01-2007, 07:45 PM
that would be a dream come true but is unrealistic

Dickerson to the Colts, Corneilus Bennett to the Bills, our draft pick tp the Rams.

Dreams do come true, sometimes.

MarvLevy
04-01-2007, 07:47 PM
HE IS BETTER THAN WHAT WE HAVE! PERIOD!

THATHURMANATOR
04-01-2007, 10:42 PM
So what he is not worth a second rounder IMO. Let alone a first and a 4th. We might has well have kept Willis...

billsburgh
04-02-2007, 12:04 AM
the only way I can see theme giving up the first rounder, which I think will never happen, is if in their opinion, Turner is a better back than any of the top ranked backs in the draft. I really dont know enough about any of them to say if Turner is better than Lynch or Peterson.

MarvLevy
04-02-2007, 03:28 AM
if we dont get some form of a running back, we'll have a top 3 pick next year.

if we use a rookie rb, we r in the top 10 next year.

heck, if we dont get a few lb's, a cb, and a rb..we'll be next years raiders.

njsue
04-02-2007, 04:24 AM
The bills can get a good enough RB in the draft. That number 1 should be for a DT.

billsburgh
04-02-2007, 05:50 AM
if we dont get some form of a running back, we'll have a top 3 pick next year.

if we use a rookie rb, we r in the top 10 next year.

heck, if we dont get a few lb's, a cb, and a rb..we'll be next years raiders.
were not that bad

THATHURMANATOR
04-02-2007, 06:34 AM
The bills can get a good enough RB in the draft. That number 1 should be for a DT.
Why a DT? Don't you think we may want to grab a LB?

billsburgh
04-02-2007, 07:10 AM
Why a DT? Don't you think we may want to grab a LB?
yes. and it has to be Paul Posluzny.

DraftBoy
04-02-2007, 07:57 AM
were not that bad

yes we are, we have made a bad D worse and made only one signifigant upgrade

DraftBoy
04-02-2007, 07:58 AM
KFFL Updates on Turner;

Packers | Team not interested in M. Turner
Sat, 31 Mar 2007 06:32:52 -0700

Kevin Acee, of the San Diego Union-Tribune, reports the Green Bay Packers, contrary to many reports, have not shown interest in San Diego Chargers restricted free agent RB Michael Turner, according to a source.

Jets | Team has interest in M. Turner
Sat, 31 Mar 2007 06:31:30 -0700

Kevin Acee, of the San Diego Union-Tribune, reports the New York Jets have shown interest in San Diego Chargers restricted free agent RB Michael Turner.

Titans | Team has interest in M. Turner
Sat, 31 Mar 2007 06:30:05 -0700

Kevin Acee, of the San Diego Union-Tribune, reports the Tennessee Titans have shown interest in San Diego Chargers restricted free agent RB Michael Turner.

Cowboys | Team has interest in M. Turner
Sat, 31 Mar 2007 06:22:39 -0700

Kevin Acee, of the San Diego Union-Tribune, reports the Dallas Cowboys have shown interest in San Diego Chargers restricted free agent RB Michael Turner.

Bills not listed and previous favorites GB say they are not interested.

DraftBoy
04-02-2007, 08:00 AM
From ESPN Insider Article:

One of the most popular people at the annual NFL meetings in Phoenix this week was San Diego general manager A.J. Smith, and with good reason. The Chargers have a commodity in backup tailback Michael Turner, who interests a lot of teams in need of a feature runner. And Smith in recent days has demonstrated some inclination to listen to offers for the talented backup to LaDainian Tomlinson. The Chargers tendered Turner, who averaged a gaudy 6.3 yards on 80 rushes in 2006, a one-year restricted free-agent qualifying offer of $2.3 million. Any team that signed Turner to a restricted free-agent offer sheet would have to compensate San Diego with first- and third-round draft choices, provided the Chargers did not match the offer sheet. But Smith might settle for a little less, although probably not much less in a trade. Atlanta got two second-rounders and moved up two spots in the first round in this year's draft in the Texans' deal for Schaub, who also was tendered at the highest level. Turner has started one fewer game in his career than Schaub's two starts, but his résumé might be more impressive and there is no shortage of suitors.

At least three teams -- Buffalo, Tennessee and the New York Jets -- are thought to have made inquiries about Turner during the league meetings. It's not believed that Green Bay, which needs a starting tailback and has been linked in various reports to Turner, has demonstrated any interest. Given that Turner can play for the one-year qualifying offer in 2006 and then leave as an unrestricted free agent next spring, with the Chargers getting nothing in return for him, Smith clearly will have to consider trade offers. Other teams know that, which is why Smith typically had another general manager by his side this week as he strolled the grounds of The Arizona Biltmore, the resort at which the league meetings were held.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/insider/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=2820156&CMP=ILC-INHEAD

MVP
04-02-2007, 08:17 AM
Look at what Turner brings to the table (speed,power,hands,durablility,character, experience) that is far more than Peterson or Lynch can bring, and with a strong o-line Turner could be a 1300+ yard back next season, and well worth a #12 selection.

justasportsfan
04-02-2007, 08:28 AM
AJ Smith ws probably the one who told Sd tribune so that there will be a bid among the teams interested in Turner.

MVP
04-02-2007, 08:41 AM
AJ Smith ws probably the one who told Sd tribune so that there will be a bid among the teams interested in Turner.AJ's a *****!

gr8slayer
04-02-2007, 08:56 AM
Don't give it up. Just swap with them :D

Bond
04-03-2007, 09:59 AM

You know its funny how people say, "we can get a good rb in the draft" This is a very weak draft for RBs, after Lynch and Peterson there's no one else.

Bush? He just had another surgery and wont be ready till mid season? And he's a poor man's Ron Dayne

Irons? He's always hurt, ankle turf toe, you name it.

Tony Hunt? Is a turtle

Alot of uncertainty out there this year, how could you not want a 240 lb speedster like Turner?