PDA

View Full Version : So Ralph wants to stop the run, huh?

ghz in pittsburgh
04-01-2007, 07:45 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/peter_king/04/01/china/3.html

Here I think Marv has the advantage. He's the trust of Ralph and he can talk the old man out of interfering with day-to-day operations.

dolphan117
04-01-2007, 07:52 PM
King also said this

6. I think I love this Buffalo-Philadelphia trade ... for the Eagles. And not just because they get a feisty linebacker with something to prove, Takeo Spikes. The Eagles now have a third-strong quarterback, Kelly Holcomb, better than the second-string quarterback in New York (Tim Hasselbeck or Jared Lorenzen), and better than Washington's if Mark Brunell doesn't make it through training camp. Remember how well Holcomb did in Cleveland Buffalo between 2002 and 2005: 20 starts, completion percentages of over 60 every year, a 35-to-29 touchdown-to-interception ratio. It amazes me that more team haven't made plays for a guy who's thrown 810 passes in his career and completed 64.6 percent of them.Time will tell.

HHURRICANE
04-01-2007, 07:57 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/peter_king/04/01/china/3.html

Here I think Marv has the advantage. He's the trust of Ralph and he can talk the old man out of interfering with day-to-day operations.

OMG Peter King might be the stupidest **** on the planet. I think I'm going to become a Sports reporter because you obviously don't need to watch and of the teams or players you report on.

Holcomb is better than Philly's #2 QB????

Okay Kelly we need a deep post to get in field goal range. "Holcomb in the pocket, has a wide open Bethel Johnson, no, no, he throws to Buckwalter for 3 yards, game over".

I guess nobody told King that the guy can only throw the ball 30 yards with the wind.

Carlton Bailey
04-01-2007, 08:04 PM
The Bills could acquire Tom Brady for Mario Haggan and King would explain how Haggan's the next Singletary and Brady was a product of the system.

Meathead
04-02-2007, 12:46 AM
a backup q that can complete 65% of his passes in the nfl is very valuable regardless of arm strength

the bills just didnt want to carry two backups anymore with the emergence of losman and freed up that cap space while getting a draft pick for a guy they would have released anyway

jamesiscool
04-02-2007, 01:01 AM
a backup q that can complete 65% of his passes in the nfl is very valuable regardless of arm strength

the bills just didnt want to carry two backups anymore with the emergence of losman and freed up that cap space while getting a draft pick for a guy they would have released anyway

yea but of those 65% of completed passes, 55% were for little or no gain. when all your QB does is throw the the backs coming out of the backfield, yur pasiing game hurts and the defense doesnt respect the deep ball. he's worthless.

good riddance KH.

venis2k1
04-02-2007, 02:21 AM
im ready for nall ball

Night Train
04-02-2007, 05:06 AM
I'll be interested to see if the Bills deviate a bit from the expected and take a bigger DT or MLB, instead of a Cover 2 type player. Earlier conversations with Jauron and Fewell contained quotes that they undertood size may be a bit more important up the middle.

We'll see how it plays out.

X-Era
04-02-2007, 06:51 AM
im ready for nall ball

I agree, its better to have a younger player on the right side of 30 holding the clipboard.

User Manuel
04-02-2007, 07:02 AM
OMG Peter King might be the stupidest **** on the planet. I think I'm going to become a Sports reporter because you obviously don't need to watch and of the teams or players you report on.

Holcomb is better than Philly's #2 QB????

Okay Kelly we need a deep post to get in field goal range. "Holcomb in the pocket, has a wide open Bethel Johnson, no, no, he throws to Buckwalter for 3 yards, game over".

I guess nobody told King that the guy can only throw the ball 30 yards with the wind.

Not trying to be a***** but he said Holcomb was better than the GIANTS #2 QB.

Don't Panic
04-02-2007, 07:19 AM
Speaking of Nall...

Bar set low for Bills' Nall
http://www.realfootball365.com/nfl/articles/2007/04/bills-barsetlow-nall300307.html

justasportsfan
04-02-2007, 07:37 AM
AS far as more beef in the middle is concerned, I think the plan is for Parrish to piggy back on Walker when playing the run.

MVP
04-02-2007, 08:10 AM
Nall suck, period!

Statman
04-02-2007, 08:38 AM
The Bills could acquire Tom Brady for Mario Haggan and King would explain how Haggan's the next Singletary and Brady was a product of the system.
It'd be nice if a trade or simple decision like that went for us instead of all of the ones that we have requiring all kinds of explanations before you zombies kicking the same player(s) that you were hoo-rah-ing just seasons before outta here with your bootprint on their rear end.

The rest of us get it; every move that the Bills make is a great move while anyone commenting otherwise is a moron; loser, dickhead, knows nothing, shouldn't be writing, etc., etc.

Meanwhile Marv Levy ****s gold.

Statman
04-02-2007, 08:39 AM
On the other hand there is no shortage of amusement.

:)

gr8slayer
04-02-2007, 08:56 AM
lol, I love his Holcomb rant. Shows just how little he knows.

justasportsfan
04-02-2007, 09:03 AM
What the hell does Shirley Temple know anyways?

gr8slayer
04-02-2007, 09:11 AM
What the hell does Shirley Temple know anyways?
Well he did pick the Cowboys and Fins to go to the SB last year :evil:

Michael82
04-02-2007, 11:14 AM
Well he did pick the Cowboys and Fins to go to the SB last year :evil:
:rofl:

PromoTheRobot
04-02-2007, 01:13 PM
Peter King wasn't walking by, he was on his hands and knees picking up and eating some goldfish crackers that spilled off the carpet when he wound up behind the couch the Bills guys were sitting on.

PTR

HHURRICANE
04-02-2007, 01:26 PM
yea but of those 65% of completed passes, 55% were for little or no gain. when all your QB does is throw the the backs coming out of the backfield, yur pasiing game hurts and the defense doesnt respect the deep ball. he's worthless.

good riddance KH.

Great post!!! I am 100% convinced that Holcomb was well aware of his limited arm strength and did a very good job of not letting it get exploited.

I'll take a pick in the endzone by Losman trying to win us a game over a 5 yard completion on 4th and 9 any day of the week. Never up, never in.

Mad Bomber
04-02-2007, 01:39 PM
King also said this
6. I think I love this Buffalo-Philadelphia trade ... for the Eagles. And not just because they get a feisty linebacker with something to prove, Takeo Spikes. The Eagles now have a third-strong quarterback, Kelly Holcomb, better than the second-string quarterback in New York (Tim Hasselbeck or Jared Lorenzen), and better than Washington's if Mark Brunell doesn't make it through training camp. Remember how well Holcomb did in Cleveland Buffalo between 2002 and 2005: 20 starts, completion percentages of over 60 every year, a 35-to-29 touchdown-to-interception ratio. It amazes me that more teams haven't made plays for a guy who's thrown 810 passes in his career and completed 64.6 percent of them.

OMG - we now know the true identity of The Answer...

...it's Peter King!