PDA

View Full Version : Tidbits on Briggs

jpdex12
04-01-2007, 09:18 PM
Spikes 6'2 242
Fletcher 5'10 245
Briggs 6'1 240

There is no size difference, only position difference. I've heard Zoners debating as to Briggs only being able to play WLB and would replace Ellison if Buffalo traded for him but his size is no detourant. He could play SLB and still be a monster. Briggs played ILB in College! He wants to be THE MAN. Levy touted the player when Levy was still calling games in Chicago. I wouldn't count this trade out.

I'm not crazy about trading for every appealing player out there because in the end it takes chemistry for all of the players to gel but if we can get this guy for a 1st rounder...get r done! He knows the Tampa 2 and Jauron drafted him. He's got enough connections already with our Bill's brass that if Buffalo has any interest in him I think he leans toward Buffalo. Especially since we are lacking a take charge stud LB like he wants to be (like Urlacher).

http://www.arizonaathletics.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=8102&SPID=516&DB_OEM_ID=1600&ATCLID=40697&Q_SEASON=2003

http://www.chicagobears.com/team/player10.html

Tatonka
04-01-2007, 09:31 PM
the point is though, that is it worth paying the serious money that you are going to shell out for him, which will definately be more than ANY other player on the bills.. and then drop him at strong side linebacker? how many playmakers can you name in the NFL at strong side linebacker? they are all either Weakside or Middle linebackers..

it is not worth spending the money on this guy, to HOPE that he can switch positions to the other side, that is definately much harder to be a stud at...

especially when we need to drop some serious cash on evans and losman in the very near future..

your wrong if you dont think that spikes production, while he was clearly not himself, suffered greatly from being at strong side.

we will be fine with a linebacker from the draft.

again.. i dont know why i am still debating this though.. chicago is not letting him go and he is not coming here. it was an internet rumor. nothing more.

jpdex12
04-01-2007, 09:46 PM
Yeah, when you step back and look at this situation with Briggs, Buffalo would have to give up too much in trade and spend too much to sign him. As high as Marv and Dick are on this guy, and as appealing as his performance is I guess we are smarter to go after our SLB in the draft.