PDA

View Full Version : I've talked myself into it!

jpdex12
04-01-2007, 10:22 PM
OK, in the short time that I have been thinking about this tonight I wouldn't mind a bit if we made a run and grabbed Turner. After doing some research on him (I posted on another thread) he looks worthy. Not as much as giving up a 1st round pick, but at least two 3rd rounders if it took that much. One this year and one next year would be my thinking. I would be hard pressed to budge on more than one third rounder though considering the recent trades for RB's. Because other teams are in the mix for Turner we will have to offer more than just a third IMO, maybe our extra 7th rounder???

If we grab Turner with a third this year, then we can focus on a LB in the first if Willis is there, a solid WR with our second pick and then a CB in the third. Or solid CB in the second and a WR in the third. That would make for a nice day one.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
04-01-2007, 10:31 PM
no way turner goes anywhere for just a 3rd now and a 3rd later. not happening.

Tatonka
04-01-2007, 10:38 PM
you never know.. i dont think that giving up what we got for willis is outlandish.

jpdex12
04-01-2007, 10:54 PM
you never know.. i dont think that giving up what we got for willis is outlandish.

That's what I was thinking. That is being gracious IMO seeing that Willis is more NFL proven. Oh god, that didn't sound right saying that, but it's true. More carries and more yardage and more TD's than Turner thus far.

Yasgur's Farm
04-02-2007, 06:26 AM
Watching Turner run just re-affirms the fact that McGahee had NO heart.

http://www.dailymotion.com/jcdavey/video/x1lrpq_turnervid

jamze132
04-02-2007, 06:38 AM
Well if we give up a 3rd this year and a 3rd next year, it's like swapping out McGahee for Turner and still getting a free 7th. Makes sense to me if it is enough to get it done, but I doubt it.

jpdex12
04-02-2007, 10:00 AM
Watching Turner run just re-affirms the fact that McGahee had NO heart.

http://www.dailymotion.com/jcdavey/video/x1lrpq_turnervid

Runs hard! I noticed some terrible tackling in those vids! He looks a bit slow hitting the hole but when he breaks through he turns on the jets. A lot like Jones-Drew and Sproles. I'd go after him though with a third or pair of thirds at the most.