• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Answer
    The Plagiarist
    • Mar 2007

Scouts.com mock draft

Stay up to date with all the College sports news, recruiting, transfers, and more at 247Sports.com

NFL Mock Draft from Scout.com

Calvin Johnson
    By Tom Marino
    Scout.com
    Posted Mar 29, 2007

Calvin Johnson No. 1 overall? JaMarcus Russell to Cleveland? The Edge and AD? Scout.com NFL Expert Tom Marino breaks down April's NFL Draft.

Tom Marino is a veteran of 35 years in the player personnel field, most recently with the St. Louis Rams. He has worked in three professional leagues (NFL, USFL, and WFL), and among his many accomplishments, is credited with the discovery of Eric Swann, the first non-collegiate player since 1946 to be selected in the 1st round of the NFL college draft.
    TeamTom Marino's Take
    #1 Oakland Raiders
    WR - Calvin Johnson - Georgia Tech: Al Davis doesn't have the time or patience to wait on a developing QB. Expect former No. 1 selection David Carr to give them the type of veteran experience he is looking for at the position.
    #2 Detroit Lions
    OT Joe Thomas - Wisconsin: Protecting the backside is essential in Mike Martz's offensive system. Drafting a potential 10- to 12-year pro is a wise investment. Look for Stanford QB Edwards on Lions' second pick
    #3 Cleveland Browns
    QB JaMarcus Russell - LSU: Peterson is the Browns' slam-dunk choice, but when the high ceiling Russell came available, club did an about face and filled the void at this critical position.
    #4 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    DE Gaines Adams - Clemson: Top pass rushers are impossible to pass on at any stage. Adams is the high-energy pass rusher the Bucs covet
    #5 Arizona Cardinals
    RB Adrian Peterson - Oklahoma: Peterson's young legs complement Edgerrin James in first season and soon develops into one of the league's best backs.
    #6 Washington Redskins
    DE Jamaal Anderson - Arkansas: Finding a bonafide pass rusher is a must for the team's defense; drafting Irish QB Quinn was tempting.
    #7 Minnesota Vikings
    QB Brady Quinn - Notre Dame: Tarvaris Jackson? Brooks Bollinger? I don't think so. Don't see Vikings second-year coach staking his football future on the unproven duo.
    #8 Atlanta Falcons
    (from Houston)
    S LaRon Landry - LSU: The top safety prospect in this year's draft is a slam-dunk selection at this critical need position for the Falcons.
    #9 Miami Dolphins
    CB Leon Hall - Michigan: Dolphins can't pass on this shutdown corner. Offensive-minded head coach Cam Cameron knows the importance of defending the pass
    #10 Houston Texans
    (from Atlanta)
    OT Levi Brown- Penn State: How many times was Carr sacked over his five-year professional career? Losing top prospect and 2006 No. 3 selection Spencer through injury adds to their woes.
    #11 San Francisco 49ers
    DE Adam Carriker - Nebraska: Marquis Douglas is a journeyman player and Bryant Young is entering his 13th season. Carriker is a great fit for aging defensive front

#12 Buffalo Bills
    LB Patrick Willis - Ole Miss: Losing veteran starters Fletcher and Spikes makes drafting the talented Willis a no brainer.

See link for complete draft....

~The Answer
  • Don't Panic
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Dec 2005

Re: Scouts.com mock draft

Originally posted by The Answer
    #12 Buffalo Bills
    http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/36/360698.gifLB Patrick Willis - Ole Miss: Losing veteran starters Fletcher and Spikes makes drafting the talented Willis a no brainer.
    Tell the people who have us taking Leon Hall that!

Comment

• camelcowboy
      • Mar 2005

I can't see Peterson Drafted by the Cardinals, they really need a defense. I can't see Miami at 9 drafting Hall because he sucks.

Comment

• The Answer
        The Plagiarist
        • Mar 2007

[quote=camelcowboy]I can't see Peterson Drafted by the Cardinals, they really need a defense. I can't see Miami at 9 drafting Hall because he sucks.[/quote]

Exactly why they will draft him - remember this is the same front office that gave up a high 2nd rounder last year for Suckpepper.

~The Answer

Comment

• casdhf
          • Jul 2002

Tony Hunt in the first round?
          Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
          cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
            • Jul 2005

Originally posted by casdhf
            yeah, what's that all about?

I'll take Willis though, however he gets to us. Note that if the top 11 go as this mock predicts, we'll have to pass on Okoye. Which we probably should with all the DTs we have on roster and our big hole at LB, but that's a bummer. I could see Okoye being a real beast in a couple years.
            Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• McBFLO
              • Mar 2003

If we pass on Lynch, no way in hell GB does . Stupid mock...
              Infrequent poster, daily visitor.

Eternal optimist.

Follow me on twitter @CoreyMc81

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                Legendary Zoner
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by casdhf
                Posluzny ran a faster 40 than Hunt.

Comment