PDA

View Full Version : What I think Levy may be thinking.

patmoran2006
04-02-2007, 11:23 AM
This is solely my opinion at this point on what Marv Levy may be thinking. No "links" or published reports. Call it my educated guess.

I think Levy is very interested in Turner, but doesnt want to give up that 12th pick. I'm talking either trading it straight up or even swapping picks.
I think Patrick Willis is by FAR the main reason why. IMO he's the only LB in this draft that could come in from day one, start and potentially become dominant rather quickly. If Levy isnt picking 12th he knows he has no shot at Willis.

All of the other LB's, regardless of how you feel about them: Pos, Timmons, Beason, Alexander, Siler-- I think they would take significantly more time to develop into a starter role and do far less to help the defense immediately.
And on a team that's had more than its share of white DE's, ironically I think it comes down to a white DE that determines if Willis is there at 12.
SF at 11 IMO will have a decision to make between CArriker and Willis.
I'd really like to have Turner, but I'd also like to keep that 12th pick in case Willis is there.

I'd give up a 2nd for Turner in a second, or I'd work out some kind of trade package for him where we still get to keep that 12th pick.

if Willis is gone and we dont have Turner, then I think Lynch is the no-brainer pick at 12 (at least IMO). If we have Turner via trade and Willis is gone at 12,then I think the best move is to trade down, and pick up 2 LB's and a WR with the first three picks in no particular order.

But in essence, I think its very hard to let go of that 12th spot with Willis possibly being there.

YardRat
04-02-2007, 11:38 AM
It's a valuable pick....I think the consensus is the supposed blue-chippers start to drop off at 12, or shortly thereafter.

patmoran2006
04-02-2007, 11:41 AM
It's a valuable pick....I think the consensus is the supposed blue-chippers start to drop off at 12, or shortly thereafter.
I think Willis is the only "blue chipper" that we realisitically have a shot at.

The couple of others that could be I think our players we wouldnt draft (DEs, CB)

Don't Panic
04-02-2007, 11:42 AM
pat -

I agree with just about everything except the Lynch pick. If we can get Willis and Turner in here, I'm all for it... even if it means a conditional 1st next year. I readily admit that I have no clue what Levy is thinking but I hope it's what you proposed.

The King
04-02-2007, 11:42 AM
I agree with pat. You wait until the 12th pick on draft day to make that call.

patmoran2006
04-02-2007, 11:43 AM
Im not sure at all overall what he's thinking..

But Im pretty sure he has to be thinking about Willis with the 12th pick, knowing by miles he is the best LB in the draft.

patmoran2006
04-02-2007, 11:44 AM
Well, I'd make the trade with Turner today -- if it didnt involve us giving up pick #12.

And if they give up a package of other picks and willis is gone at 12- the move down and recoup them.

ddaryl
04-02-2007, 11:48 AM
Most everyone can agree the #12 pick is not going to be traded away for Turner.

Marv has options with that #12 pick and he will use them wisely.

sb_bound
04-02-2007, 11:51 AM
I think when it is all said and done the Bills will have a shot at drafting Willis. I have a weird feeling that San Fran is going to take Meachem with the 11th pick. I think that they really need to address the WR position early in the draft and Meachem is probably the 2nd best WR in this draft.

YardRat
04-02-2007, 11:54 AM

I don't. If you wait until 12 on draft day, and Willis is off the board, San Diego just gained leverage and the price for Turner goes up.

patmoran2006
04-02-2007, 12:08 PM
I never said dont trade for Turner now.

I just dont think Marv wants to part with picking 12th,whether its a straight up deal or swap pick positions trade.

mikemac2001
04-02-2007, 12:21 PM
I don't. If you wait until 12 on draft day, and Willis is off the board, San Diego just gained leverage and the price for Turner goes up.

not quite we can always draft lynch and get a lb in 2nd rd so id rather wait till draft day and hope no one trades for turner before...unless we get him for something other then 12th pick or swapping

kernowboy
04-02-2007, 01:05 PM
Michael Turner - this year's Lamont Jordan?

'nuff said.

Earthquake Enyart
04-02-2007, 01:08 PM
What's Marv really thinking?

"Wonder what the special is today at Denny's?"

patmoran2006
04-02-2007, 01:17 PM
What's Marv really thinking?

"Wonder what the special is today at Denny's?"
http://www.excitementmachine.org/contest/gregstadnyk-dickhead.jpg

patmoran2006
04-02-2007, 01:18 PM
Michael Turner - this year's Lamont Jordan?

'nuff said.
Rightttttttttttttttttttt.

and Joe Thomas is this year's Robert Gallery.. JaMarcus Russell is Duante Culpepper, etc etc.

User Manuel
04-02-2007, 01:36 PM
Ya know, there is a real possibility that NEXT YEARS #1 could be in play for Turner. The Bills have to be of the opinion that they will be better. I could see a 3 this year and a 1 next year for Turner and a conditional pick next year.