• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Answer
    The Plagiarist
    • Mar 2007

Tom Modrak to be fired?

The Answer is keeping his fingers crossed......

Front-office changes could adversely affect the Bills
    Buffalo

We hear that the Bills may be losing one of their key evaluators following this year’s draft. Tom Modrak, the team’s assistant general manager, is likely the odd man out as Buffalo’s front office continues to cut ties to the Tom Donahoe era. If Modrak departs, the biggest beneficiaries are director of pro personnel John Guy and vice president of football administration Jim Overdorf, who are responsible for more of the day-to-day operations and have been calling the shots as of late. Many league evaluators have raised their eyebrows at the amount of money Buffalo has thrown at free agents the past two years, from disappointing DT Larry Tripplett in ’06 to OG Derrick Dockery and OT Langston Walker in ’07. According to one NFL evaluator, “(L)ook at the pro acquisitions they have made and the amount of money they are giving to average players who have not panned out. … They have drafted well, and it was a good year to draft and develop offensive linemen, but they threw way too much money at free agents. I really question the direction of the team. I think they are taking a big step back with the players they’ve lost and (the ones they’ve) brought in.”

~The Answer
  • Don't Panic
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Dec 2005

Re: Tom Modrak to be fired?

Was Mordak the one someone referred to as having made minimal visits to Buffalo? Can't remember if it was him or someone else.

Comment

• camelcowboy
      • Mar 2005

John Guy and the Bills cap guy get more of a say, wow this is not good news if true.

Comment

• BILLSROCK1212
        !?!?!?!?!?
        • Mar 2006

hmmmm........

Comment

• bigbub2352
          • Feb 2005

wow this is kinda a shocker but not really
          i cant believe Modrak was retained by this team in the first place, he contributed nothing while he was here and the draft he helped Donahoe have were mostly awful as well as our list of FA that didnt pan out, we will see if any of this is true or not
          XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• raphael120
            Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
            • Oct 2005

another one bites the dust...

Comment

• The Answer
              The Plagiarist
              • Mar 2007

Originally posted by bigbub2352
              wow this is kinda a shocker but not really
              i cant believe Modrak was retained by this team in the first place, he contributed nothing while he was here and the draft he helped Donahoe have were mostly awful as well as our list of FA that didnt pan out, we will see if any of this is true or not
              The Answer has maintained all along that Modrak is nothing more than a Donahoe shill and puppet - should have been booted to the curb when the string puller was after the 2005 season.

~The Answer

Comment

• bigbub2352
                • Feb 2005

I agree i was shocked Levy kept him on the job when he took over, after he was the assistant GM for the 5 years we were awful under TD
                XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• TigerJ
                  • Jul 2002

Do we know anything about John Guy? Whether this move is bad or good is going to depend on Guy's ability to evaluate talent. Overdorf is the number cruncher. I don't know to what extent the contracts offered to Dockery and Walker were his doing. How much leeway does he actually get? Who's judgement is it about what is the appropriate size contract to be offering these players.
                  I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• The Answer
                    The Plagiarist
                    • Mar 2007

Originally posted by TigerJ
                    Do we know anything about John Guy? Whether this move is bad or good is going to depend on Guy's ability to evaluate talent. Overdorf is the number cruncher. I don't know to what extent the contracts offered to Dockery and Walker were his doing. How much leeway does he actually get? Who's judgement is it about what is the appropriate size contract to be offering these players.
                    Modrak is worthless - Look at AJ Smith in San Diego, he worked out just fine when he got his chance to be a GM. In fact you can argue he's the best GM in the NFL right now.

The Answer is all for giving John Guy a chance - as long as we cut the cord with the last link to Donablow era.

Also for the Marv Worshippers - if he pulls the trigger and fires Modrak than he's a genius anyway right?

~The Answer

Comment

• Meathead
                      Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                      • Jul 2002

modrak was a key guy in last years excellent draft strategy. he aint goin nowhere unless its for a better job
                      One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                        Zero for Zero!
                        • Mar 2003

If they are knocking the pro signings, why would the Bilsl fire the college guy and keep the pro guy?
                        Originally posted by mysticsoto
                        Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                          • Jul 2002

wow. To think he just gave Modrak props for last years draft as far as input goes. Must be because he's hardly at OBD.
                          sacrifice1
                          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• patmoran2006
                            Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                            • Dec 2005

Provided a new owner keeps a team in Buffalo..
                            I really hope in the next 2-3 years we get a new owner and totally CLEAN HOUSE with our entire front office..

Let Levy get as much talent as he can for next few years, then get a FO that knows how to win championships

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• The Answer
                              The Plagiarist
                              • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Meathead
                              modrak was a key guy in last years excellent draft strategy. he aint goin nowhere unless its for a better job
                              Meathead - You made good points in the Turner thread that The Answer agreed with, however The Answer does not agree with this.

If Modrak was responsible for reaching for Whitner and trading back into the 1st round to grab McCargo than he definitely needs to go.

Also everybody keeps praising Marv's first draft - we still can't gauge it until at least 2008. For all we know Youbouty could be the next Chris Watson. Ellison could go from promising young LB to another Jay Foreman. Whitner could be exposed big time without Clements, and McCargo might be a complete bust.

Jury is still in sesssion - but Modrak must go!

~The Answer

Comment

Working...
                              X