PDA

View Full Version : ****Turner visiting Titans and not Bills****

BILLSROCK1212
04-02-2007, 12:15 PM
TURNER VISITING THE TITANS

Adam Schefter of NFL Network reports that Chargers running back Michael Turner, a restricted free agent, is visiting the Tennessee Titans on Monday.

Turner has been tendered at the highest level, which means that, if the Titans were to sign him to an offer sheet, the Chargers would have the right to match it. If the Chargers choose not to match the offer, they would receive Tennessee's first-round and third-round selections in the April 28-29 draft.

Another possibility would be for the Titans and Chargers to swing a trade for something less than a one and a three.

The Bills also are reportedly are interested in Turner. And there has been talk of a possible effort by the Packers to trade for him.

All three teams need a starting tailback; the Titans cut Travis Henry (who signed with the Broncos), the Packers lost Ahman Green to the Texans, and the Bills traded Willis McGahee to Baltimore.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

O Shiz!!!!

camelcowboy
04-02-2007, 12:16 PM
awwwwww crap

DraftBoy
04-02-2007, 12:18 PM
Wasnt WGR reporting that his agent was visiting Buffalo and not Turner? And this is something to follow, there was alot of confusion earlier in FA period as to who was visiting where and when.

OpIv37
04-02-2007, 12:18 PM
is anyone else concerned that we're going to end up with neither Briggs nor Turner?
It would be nice to fill at least one of our 3 or 4 glaring holes before draft day.

Earthquake Enyart
04-02-2007, 12:19 PM
is anyone else concerned that we're going to end up with neither Briggs nor Turner?
It would be nice to fill at least one of our 3 or 4 glaring holes before draft day.
It wouldn't bother me one bit because the asking price, and salaries, for both is too high.

BILLSROCK1212
04-02-2007, 12:19 PM
i am now

DraftBoy
04-02-2007, 12:21 PM

Concerned about losing them? Yes

Concerned bc our team will suck without them? No

Don't Panic
04-02-2007, 12:23 PM
Smith will wait for the best deal. If its the Titans, its the Titans. We will get every oppourtunity to filed a competitive offer. The question is, does Marv like him enough to negotiate a trade for him? This may be a sign that he doesn't.

Philagape
04-02-2007, 12:23 PM
I've never come close to counting on getting either of them

camelcowboy
04-02-2007, 12:24 PM
Anything the Titans offer we can match, just the question if we want to.

OpIv37
04-02-2007, 12:24 PM
Concerned about losing them? Yes

Concerned bc our team will suck without them? No

It wouldn't bother me one bit because the asking price, and salaries, for both is too high.

you two both realize that if we don't get either of them, this entire season depends on:
a) Youboty being NFL caliber immediately
b) finding a starting LB and LB depth in the draft
c) finding a starting RB in the draft.

If even one of those things don't happen, it'll take a miracle just to get back to 7-9.

The Answer
04-02-2007, 12:25 PM

Adam Schefter of NFL Network reports that Chargers running back Michael Turner, a restricted free agent, is visiting the Tennessee Titans on Monday.

Turner has been tendered at the highest level, which means that, if the Titans were to sign him to an offer sheet, the Chargers would have the right to match it. If the Chargers choose not to match the offer, they would receive Tennessee's first-round and third-round selections in the April 28-29 draft.

Another possibility would be for the Titans and Chargers to swing a trade for something less than a one and a three.

The Bills also are reportedly are interested in Turner. And there has been talk of a possible effort by the Packers to trade for him.

All three teams need a starting tailback; the Titans cut Travis Henry (who signed with the Broncos), the Packers lost Ahman Green to the Texans, and the Bills traded Willis McGahee to Baltimore.

O Shiz!!!!

Good let them have him and break the bank - we don't don't need to squander valuable draft picks for another overrated backup. (Rob Johnson)

~The Answer

Michael82
04-02-2007, 12:29 PM
:ill: :mad:

Earthquake Enyart
you two both realize that if we don't get either of them, this entire season depends on:

If even one of those things don't happen, it'll take a miracle just to get back to 7-9.
A) Leon Hall
B) 2nd and 3rd rounders
C) A train and Brown / Dillon

camelcowboy
Good let them have him and break the bank - we don't don't need to squander valuable draft picks for another overrated backup. (Rob Johnson)

~The Answer

LOL another uneducated post.

BILLSROCK1212
04-02-2007, 12:30 PM
not the contract

ddaryl

O Shiz!!!!

this is specualtion.

IF the Titans sign him yes they will have to pay a 1st and 3rd.

However the Titans are probably seeing what it would take to get Turner to sign a contract and then negotiate compensation with SD. I seriously doubt Tenn will just sign him for a 1st and 3rd, but they are desperate for a RB too.

not the contract

why not we have the room after dumping Spikes salary and Holcombs.

camelcowboy
A) Leon Hall
B) 2nd and 3rd rounders

Leon hall sucks, so does brown, so does dillion Good offseason plan :up:

YardRat
04-02-2007, 12:31 PM
Has anybody from the Titan organization confirmed this?

OpIv37
04-02-2007, 12:32 PM
A) Leon Hall
B) 2nd and 3rd rounders

A) You're out of your mind. Leon Hall is a waste of a draft pick. If we're gonna have toast at corner, I'd just as soon go with Youboty and use the 12th on another problem area.
B) there is NO WAY IN HELL we find a LB in the 2nd round who will be good enough to help this team in 2007. We need an impact LB IMMEDIATELY and Willis is really the only one in this draft.
C) We don't have Brown or Dillon yet.

bigbub2352
04-02-2007, 12:32 PM
I guess WGr needs to update its info, cause there sports ticker was reporting what i wrote in an earlier thread, oh well, looks like we are not the major player after all

The Answer
04-02-2007, 12:35 PM
LOL another uneducated post.

Turner has some solid numbers, but let's keep in mind he played behind one of the greatest NFL players of all time, and the best player in the league right now.

Also SD's oline is light years ahead of ours - what if Peterson does fall to Buffalo at #12 and we make this deal?

~The Answer

camelcowboy
04-02-2007, 12:36 PM
Has anybody from the Titan organization confirmed this?

Im trying to find it from Schefter, if he says it i give him the benifit of the doubt. After all the NFL feeds him all the news and he calls it Journalism.

BILLSROCK1212
04-02-2007, 12:36 PM
Turner has some solid numbers, but let's keep in mind he played behind one of the greatest NFL players of all time, and the best player in the league right now.

Also SD's oline is light years ahead of ours - what if Peterson does fall to Buffalo at #12 and we make this deal?

~The Answer
we trade down and get a ton of draft picks

The Answer
04-02-2007, 12:38 PM
we trade down and get a ton of draft picks

Peterson - could possibly be the next LT/Larry Johnson type of back.

Sorry but once again we would look like complete idiots - don't care about picking up extra draft picks.

~The Answer

BILLSROCK1212
04-02-2007, 12:40 PM
Peterson - could possibly be the next LT/Larry Johnson type of back.

Sorry but once again we would look like complete idiots - don't care about picking up extra draft picks.

~The Answer
and he could be the next Ki-Jana CArter or w.e his name was

TacklingDummy
04-02-2007, 12:41 PM

Im not concerned because I want neither.

The Answer
04-02-2007, 12:42 PM

Not going to deny that either - but then again Turner could get hurt, or put up mcgahee type of numbers in Buffalo as a premier back.

Bottom line is that we are taking a chance with either a rookie draft pick or Turner. But at least via the draft we are using one draft pick instead of trading multiple picks away for a 4 year veteran.

~The Answer

DraftBoy
04-02-2007, 12:42 PM

A) Im more concerned with Burnt Toast then I am with Youboty
B) Easily done
C) A-Train will be the starter regardless imo

I think 7-9 is a good goal to have, this team is nowhere near the playoffs and adding Briggs or Turner are not going to take us there.

camelcowboy
04-02-2007, 12:43 PM

~The Answer

Peterson can't fall, Arizona, Minnisota, Houston, Cleveland one will grab him. San Diego's has a good O-line i hope after all the dough we spent ours will be better. Playing behind the best running back in the world can't be fault. I say LT probally taught him somethings about being a good back in the NFL. And when given the ball he's made plays. He's not better then LT, thats the only reason why he doesn't have more carries. Besides his college production was great, but his school dropped his value, but he's shown some good skills on the NFL level. Just because he was a 5th pick doesn't mean alot teams didn't make a mistake. Buffalo's biggest problem with RoJo, McGahee, Flutie, Losman was the offensive line. Hopefully its going to be better.

TigerJ
04-02-2007, 12:46 PM
There are advantages and disadvantages whichever way the Bills end up going, trade or draft for both positions. It's not the end of the world if it doesn't happen a particular way.

mikemac2001
04-02-2007, 12:50 PM

nothing againist you but that was a stupid comment....carter took a bad shot to the knee and was never the same that could happen to turner his first play as a bill or anyone so u cant really say that. Carter didnt come out with an injury label

Meathead
04-02-2007, 12:51 PM
a) a backup rb is a gamble and turner is no diff not worth any more than mcgahee picks and maybe not even that 2) all other things being equal id rather keep my picks since the track record has been so good lets try to do it again iii) these things never end up like they are reported at this stage so it will likely surprise us regardless trust me bflo is still in it and i hope we dont give up too much if we do

patmoran2006
04-02-2007, 12:53 PM
I've never come close to counting on getting either of them
Didnt think Briggs but thought Turner.

LOL..
We're going to go from possibly Briggs to POS.
And from possibly Turner to Chris BROWN.

Great moves!

The Answer
04-02-2007, 12:53 PM
a) a backup rb is a gamble and turner is no diff not worth any more than mcgahee picks and maybe not even that 2) all other things being equal id rather keep my picks since the track record has been so good lets try to do it again iii) these things never end up like they are reported at this stage so it will likely surprise us regardless trust me bflo is still in it and i hope we dont give up too much if we do

Meathead - The Answer agrees.

We need to take a gamble on a rookie RB instead of a back-up.

Besides if we are going to trade for a 'back-up' with promise and one that has showed 'flashes' than The Answer would much rather have Marion Barber the 3rd from Dallas.

~The Answer

Saratoga Slim
04-02-2007, 12:56 PM
I was pretty much ready to accept our FA acquisitions as the best we could reasonably expect, but the Turner rumors have gotten me fired up. I've got to say that at this point I'm going to be at least a little disappointed if we don't find a way to get Turner or Briggs in here. It would be really nice to have one of those two glaring holes taken care of before the draft.

HAMMER
04-02-2007, 12:57 PM

LOL..

Great moves!

You haven't learned your lesson yet on jumping the gun?

Dr. Lecter
04-02-2007, 12:58 PM

LOL..

Great moves!

If it costs two day one picks for Turner, give me Brown and a rookie over him.

Dr. Lecter
04-02-2007, 12:58 PM

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!

justasportsfan
04-02-2007, 12:59 PM
He never will. He's already to blast Marv based on rumors and what if's.

ddaryl
04-02-2007, 12:59 PM
http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070402/SPORTS01/70402022

Turner in town visiting with Titans

By JIM WYATT
Staff Writer

<!--ARTICLE BODY TEXT-->
Chargers running back Michael Turner is visiting today with Titans officials at Baptist Sports Park.
Turner, a restricted free agent rushed for 502 yards and 2 touchdowns last season while playing behind MVP LaDanian Tomlinson.

Turner has been tendered at the highest level which means if the Titans signed him to an offer sheet, the Chargers would have the right to match it. The Bills are also strongly interested in Turner.

justasportsfan
04-02-2007, 01:03 PM
Based on the contract we gave A-Train , we won't be going into the season with our rb line-up already intact. Marv will defenlly address it.

feelthepain
04-02-2007, 01:04 PM

And if Turnner wants to play in Buffalo!

BILLSROCK1212
04-02-2007, 01:04 PM
nothing againist you but that was a stupid comment....carter took a bad shot to the knee and was never the same that could happen to turner his first play as a bill or anyone so u cant really say that. Carter didnt come out with an injury label
and Peterson is verrrrry injury prone....you made no sense there

gr8slayer
04-02-2007, 01:05 PM
Chargers restricted free agent Michael Turner will visit the Titans on Monday, according to NFL Network's Adam Schefter.
The Titans can't be set on starting LenDale White. They may consider signing Turner to an offer sheet because their first-rounder (No. 19) isn't especially high. He'd also cost a third-round pick as compensation.

jamesiscool
04-02-2007, 01:09 PM
Quote:
Chargers restricted free agent Michael Turner will visit the Titans on Monday, according to NFL Network's Adam Schefter.
The Titans can't be set on starting LenDale White. They may consider signing Turner to an offer sheet because their first-rounder (No. 19) isn't especially high. He'd also cost a third-round pick as compensation.

what haooened to the first and third compensation?

Saratoga Slim
04-02-2007, 01:11 PM
The tender system kind of sucks. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the better your team was last year, the less you have to give up to sign a RFA. It wouldn't be as big a deal for Tennessee to cough up their 1st and 3rd as it would for us.

If we're in the mix, we should have the upper hand in negotiatiing with the Charges, as our picks are higher than what the Titans can offer. But if they're willing to give their 1st and 3rd for the guy through the tender mechanism, so be it. As much as I like Turner, I wouldn't want to see us do that.

HHURRICANE
04-02-2007, 01:11 PM
Sounds like TN is doing their due diligence. The Jets contacted the Chargers as well. Did you know that?

gr8slayer
04-02-2007, 01:13 PM
Corey Dillon's agent says his client could change his mind about retiring if the "right situation" presents itself.
Dillon will meet with the Titans on Wednesday to see if they'll be a match, and the agent indicated that they likely will be. The Bills don't appear to be on Dillon's wish list. If Dillon signs with Tennessee, we suspect he'd split carries with LenDale White, but White would likely have the edge for touches because he can be more effective as a receiver on third downs.

Michael82
04-02-2007, 01:14 PM
Sounds like TN is doing their due diligence. The Jets contacted the Chargers as well. Did you know that?
I'm shocked that the Jets would be interested. They traded to get Thomas Jones, plus they have a good RB with a lot of potential in Leon Washington.

gr8slayer
04-02-2007, 01:18 PM
I'm shocked that the Jets would be interested. They traded to get Thomas Jones, plus they have a good RB with a lot of potential in Leon Washington.
Don't believe it, the Jets have no interest nor do the Cowboys. Trust in me.

Michael82
04-02-2007, 01:20 PM
Come on Dillon.....go to Tennessee. You know you want to.... :pray:

Saratoga Slim
04-02-2007, 01:20 PM
Don't believe it, the Jets have no interest nor do the Cowboys. Trust in me.

I fully agree that neither of those teams needs a RB at the cost Michael Turner is going to require.

mikemac2001
04-02-2007, 01:21 PM
and Peterson is verrrrry injury prone....you made no sense there

yes i did i said carter didnt have an injury prone label

Peterson does...but any play can take the shot carter took and be down wether it be peterson or turner or tomlinson

could happen to anyone so you stating carters name referring to peterson was stupid

BILLSROCK1212
04-02-2007, 01:25 PM
yes i did i said carter didnt have an injury prone label

Peterson does...but any play can take the shot carter took and be down wether it be peterson or turner or tomlinson

could happen to anyone so you stating carters name referring to peterson was stupid
i still don't seem to understand what you're saying....you seem to be proving my point even more

mikemac2001
04-02-2007, 01:28 PM
i still don't seem to understand what you're saying....you seem to be proving my point even more

i was never agruing your point just you using ki-jana carter as an example on why we shouldnt draft peterson is stupid. Carter came out clean slate while peterson hasnt

BILLSROCK1212
04-02-2007, 01:28 PM
i was never agruing your point just you using ki-jana carter as an example on why we shouldnt draft peterson is stupid. Carter came out clean slate while peterson hasntoo okay got it

HHURRICANE
04-02-2007, 01:33 PM

I'm 100% serious and correct.

It was discussed at length on Sirrius last week. The point, my point as well, is that teams are going to look at players even when their roster looks set. I doubt the Jets are taking Turner but my point is that I'm not ready to freak because TN is talking to Turner.

The Jets did like his versatility and thought he might bring another dimension to their offense. That makes me think that the Bills might get a good player if they sign him.

DraftBoy
04-02-2007, 01:42 PM
right now we need to pray that Tennessee signs Dillon

djjimkelly
04-02-2007, 02:12 PM
thk god i dont want someones back up rb for a 1st or 2nd rounder!!!!! we will get a RB in the draft!!!!!

Michael82
04-02-2007, 02:56 PM
right now we need to pray that Tennessee signs Dillon
EXACTLY! Come on Dillon, you know you wanna be a TITan. :pray: