PDA

View Full Version : Right off the Chargers Message Boards

BILLSROCK1212
04-02-2007, 01:51 PM
Right off the Chargers message boards:

It looks like the Titans have moved into the drivers seat in the Michael Turner sweepstakes. The Titians have Turner in town today and you can bet the Titians and Turners agent will talk over some numbers. If Turner likes what he sees and if the numbers are right expect to see some movement on the trade front.

The Bills may be left by the side of the road as they have clearly shown the most interest but have dragged their feet hoping that the Chargers might lower the price for the big RB.

This is the first meet and greet for Turner and while the deal isn't a lock just yet you have to know that the Titans will want to move quickly to avoid any price war.

Not lookig so good for us.

Meathead
04-02-2007, 01:52 PM
buh bye

DraftBoy
04-02-2007, 01:53 PM
is there a link or is this a fan speculating?

The Answer
04-02-2007, 01:53 PM

It looks like the Titans have moved into the drivers seat in the Michael Turner sweepstakes. The Titians have Turner in town today and you can bet the Titians and Turners agent will talk over some numbers. If Turner likes what he sees and if the numbers are right expect to see some movement on the trade front.

The Bills may be left by the side of the road as they have clearly shown the most interest but have dragged their feet hoping that the Chargers might lower the price for the big RB.

This is the first meet and greet for Turner and while the deal isn't a lock just yet you have to know that the Titans will want to move quickly to avoid any price war.

Best news The Answer has heard all day.

~The Answer

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-02-2007, 01:58 PM
Sounds like people on this board, Turner is in Tennessee so he must be signing there.

HHURRICANE
04-02-2007, 02:00 PM
The Bills have just moved into the drivers seat on the Lance Briggs sweepstakes. Having played for Dick Jauron it is a lock that he will be a Bill by the end of the week.

~A credible fan on the Bills fan site.

OpIv37
04-02-2007, 02:01 PM
The Bills have just moved into the drivers seat on the Lance Briggs sweepstakes. Having played for Dick Jauron it is a lock that he will be a Bill by the end of the week.

~A credible fan on the Bills fan site.

hahahaha.

It's over with Briggs- it'll be Washington or staying put.

HAMMER
04-02-2007, 02:04 PM

The Titans may want to move quickly but they don't control the situation. If Buffalo is serious AJ Smith will be listening and determining Turners fate.

Mr. Miyagi
04-02-2007, 02:08 PM
:rofl: Posted on their message board means it's a fact?

God I hope not. Otherwise with some of the posters wer have on here, the Bills are in a whole lot of trouble.

camelcowboy
04-02-2007, 02:11 PM
Philly fans are calling for McNabb's benching because per a source on a bills message board claims they can win the superbowl with Kelly Holcomb.

justasportsfan
04-02-2007, 02:13 PM
maybe one of them has a sign for TEN to sign Turner and drove there during his lunch? :idunno:

patmoran2006
04-02-2007, 02:20 PM

God I hope not. Otherwise with some of the posters wer have on here, the Bills are in a whole lot of trouble.
Umm .. The Bills are in a whole lot of trouble.

They've CLEARLY lost more ground thus far to a pair of teams in our division who were already better than us to begin with.

Tatonka
04-02-2007, 02:21 PM
i just heard on sirius that he is in tennessee today.

camelcowboy
04-02-2007, 02:23 PM
i just heard on sirius that he is in tennessee today.

Yep they may just sign him for their first and third. If thats the case god bless way tooooo much.

camelcowboy
04-02-2007, 02:24 PM
The Titans may want to move quickly but they don't control the situation. If Buffalo is serious AJ Smith will be listening and determining Turners fate.

Not if Tennesee says screw trading and lets just sign him to a offer sheet. We could offer a bigger contract by why get into that type of bid war when we need the picks.

patmoran2006
04-02-2007, 02:26 PM
There's no way that Tenn will do that.. Im sure they will work out a trade.

patmoran2006
04-02-2007, 02:29 PM

Our current starting RB has averaged 3.1 ypg over the past three years..

- Our CB crop consists of Toast McGee, Kiwi Thomas and Ashton Youboty.

- Our top LB (who's good) is coming off a broken leg- and our second best LB is is a 228lb overacheiving 6th rounder from a year ago still learning the game. Our third best LB is umm.. COy Wire.

- Peerless Price is still our 2nd best WR.

- We had a horrible run defense and our front four is basically the same as last year.

- We dont even have a fullback right now, period.

And the draft is going to fix ALL of that, right?

I think its safe to say from a legitimate chance at competing for a divisional title, we ARE in trouble.. Dont be so disillusioned.

Mr. Miyagi
04-02-2007, 02:32 PM
Dude you're missing the entire point. Next time try using tampons with the gentle guide instead of the one with the sharp broken glass inserts.

patmoran2006
04-02-2007, 02:35 PM
Dude you're missing the entire point. Next time try using tampons with the gentle guide instead of the one with the sharp broken glass inserts.
if Im missing the point.. Then what is the point?

justasportsfan
04-02-2007, 02:35 PM

.why go back 3 years ? So your stat can fit your argument?

Mr. Miyagi
04-02-2007, 02:37 PM
if Im missing the point.. Then what is the point?
The point is, if everything posted on a message board is true, then we're all f'ed, as in some people post all kinds of crazy chit and it all comes true......sigh nevermind.

Tatonka
04-02-2007, 02:41 PM

- Our CB crop consists of Toast McGee, Kiwi Thomas and Ashton Youboty.

- Our top LB (who's good) is coming off a broken leg- and our second best LB is is a 228lb overacheiving 6th rounder from a year ago still learning the game. Our third best LB is umm.. COy Wire.

- Peerless Price is still our 2nd best WR.

- We had a horrible run defense and our front four is basically the same as last year.

- We dont even have a fullback right now, period.

And the draft is going to fix ALL of that, right?

I think its safe to say from a legitimate chance at competing for a divisional title, we ARE in trouble.. Dont be so disillusioned.

i hear your concerns but come on man.. dont be so negative. things will work themselves out.

Michael82
04-02-2007, 02:50 PM
If Tennessee is really trying to work out a deal with him and then sign him to an offer sheet, they are crazy! a 1st and 3rd for him is nuts!

Mr. Miyagi
04-02-2007, 02:52 PM
I hope they overpay for the guy.

F the Titans.

ddaryl
04-02-2007, 02:58 PM
I say this is all posturing to try and heat this up some more.

but if Tenn is really willing to part with a 1st and 3rd then they can have him.

patmoran2006
04-02-2007, 03:03 PM
why go back 3 years ? So your stat can fit your argument?
LOL. Are you kidding me?

Sorry.. A Train averaged a whopping 3.5 ypg last year.. Meanwhile, Turner had 124 more yards rushing- and carried the ball 27 fewer times.

That's not to say A-Train is a scrub.. He's a serviceable backup. But if you want to be an impact team, you need impact players, and Turner is going to be exactly that for someone.

patmoran2006
04-02-2007, 03:05 PM
i hear your concerns but come on man.. dont be so negative. things will work themselves out.
I dont try to be, but when we're legtimitately in the running for difference makers like Turner (and maybe Briggs, who knows) and we always lose out to the other team.. Its the single biggest reason the Bills are where they are today.

We have a **** load of cap room, and 4 first day picks.. there is no excuses to not make something significant happen,other than Wilson will flat out NOT spend the extra money over the "cash to cap"

ddaryl
04-02-2007, 03:33 PM
I've surfed a few SD forums and there specualtion is all over the place similiar to what we are seeing here.

Some are predicitng a 1sr rd swap and a 2nd rd pick from/with the Titans. Most seem to think Tenn is more interested, but Buffalo always gets the shaft in these forum discussions. Not to mention we won't pay that price.

patmoran2006
04-02-2007, 03:35 PM
I've surfed a few SD forums and there specualtion is all over the place similiar to what we are seeing here.

Some are predicitng a 1sr rd swap and a 2nd rd pick from/with the Titans. Most seem to think Tenn is more interested, but Buffalo always gets the shaft in these forum discussions. Not to mention we won't pay that price.
if we're keeping it real.. SD could offer him to us for a 7th rounder, and I'm not sure Wilson would pay the price (financially) for him.

Michael82
04-02-2007, 03:39 PM
if we're keeping it real.. SD could offer him to us for a 7th rounder, and I'm not sure Wilson would pay the price (financially) for him.
NEGGED! :negrep:

Mr. Miyagi
04-02-2007, 03:39 PM

Swapping 1st and their 2nd? That's equivalent to giving SD the 28th overall pick.

A bit steep, no?

patmoran2006
04-02-2007, 03:41 PM
NEGGED! :negrep:
ya but depending on what his signing bonus would demand, it's true.. Wilson is NOT going to go over the "cash to cap" whether we like it or not.

and if we think Turner is expensive.. Briggs could get ****ing cut today by Chicago-- say on ESPN he ONLY wants to play for the Bills, and Wilson aint gonna give him that much money after spending $105 in one day of FA.

Michael82
04-02-2007, 04:14 PM
ya but depending on what his signing bonus would demand, it's true.. Wilson is NOT going to go over the "cash to cap" whether we like it or not.

and if we think Turner is expensive.. Briggs could get ****ing cut today by Chicago-- say on ESPN he ONLY wants to play for the Bills, and Wilson aint gonna give him that much money after spending $105 in one day of FA.
You don't know that. Marv has more say than you think!!! :::

ddaryl
04-02-2007, 04:49 PM
Swapping 1st and their 2nd? That's equivalent to giving SD the 28th overall pick.

A bit steep, no?

yeah that's more then I think any team should have to pay, but it doesn;t mean a team wouldn't pay it.

SquishDaFish
04-02-2007, 05:23 PM
God man! Pat your crap ranting and raving in your pampers is getting OLD quick. Give it a damn break man. You dont know anything about working in the FO. You dont know what goes on there. And you are def not in Ralphs head and know what hes thinking. So get over yourself and STOP!

Night Train
04-02-2007, 05:34 PM
No legit sites listed. It's all crap. PFT ? You've got to be freakin' kidding me.
Bloggers and posters with vivid imaginations.

Wait. New info. Turner for the Bills 3rd, next years 3rd, Ralphs 1998 Taurus and a large rye bread.

DraftBoy
04-02-2007, 05:41 PM
God man! Pat your crap ranting and raving in your pampers is getting OLD quick. Give it a damn break man. You dont know anything about working in the FO. You dont know what goes on there. And you are def not in Ralphs head and know what hes thinking. So get over yourself and STOP!

Gimme a break here, he may not actually be in the FO but he's not far off from the truth here. His examples are extreme as possible (by design I hope) but the GM and Owner have continously, and I REPEAT CONTINOUSLY said they are not going to spend over the cash to cap. If Briggs or Turner wanted that, regardless of the price for the trade, I dont know that Marv can make that deal. Of course he could change for one player but we cant go on speculation and we've seen nothing to date to suggest anything different.

As for his concerns, I dont expect much anyways to be honest except to continue to see our young guys grow some more. So while some fans may still be thinking playoffs, some of us (myself included) have known for a while that this wasnt the case. Levy and Co. are going to finish cleaning house first and get their guys in place before this unit will become fully cohesive and competive.

Jeez some people just love to hate on the dissenter all the time...

SquishDaFish
04-02-2007, 05:58 PM
Im not totally disagreeing about getting either of those guys on the Bills. Im saying his same crap over and over and OVER and OVER and OVER again that he keeps spewing in EVERY thread is getting way overdone and OLD. We heard it already...EVERYONE knows his thoughts now. Its over and done just stop already!

JoeMama
04-02-2007, 06:07 PM
If the Titans are in the front seat, so be it.

I like Marshawn Lynch way more than Michael Turner.

He's double the threat and half the cost.

Go with Lynch in the first - then Beason, Timmons, Alexander, or Siler in the second if one of them falls.

Nighthawk
04-02-2007, 06:08 PM
I'm sure this has been posted, but on Sirius this afternoon, they were saying that they're hearing that the Bills may switch 1st round picks with the Chargers to acquire Turner. Thus, the Bills would give them #12 and we would get #30 in the first round. Interesting...

DraftBoy
04-02-2007, 06:09 PM
Im not totally disagreeing about getting either of those guys on the Bills. Im saying his same crap over and over and OVER and OVER and OVER again that he keeps spewing in EVERY thread is getting way overdone and OLD. We heard it already...EVERYONE knows his thoughts now. Its over and done just stop already!

Ahhh now I get it, see we here at Billszone employ this handy little feature called ignore, if his posts are "old" to you then simply ignore them. Its relatively easy.

goodkarma
04-02-2007, 06:16 PM

If forced to choose between the negative comments or the folks who keep predicting this team goes 12-4 and wins the AFC East, I must side with the reality that this team isn't going to a Superbowl anytime soon.

JoeMama
04-02-2007, 06:30 PM
I wouldn't sweat the details with this team.

Most of our success in 2007 comes down to JP Losman.

If he's the quarterback we all want him to be, a lot of these deficiencies at certain positions won't be as pronounced.

If he's an average quarterback, then a lot of these offseason moves will hurt us.

I don't mean to put an undue amount of focus on Losman, but the reality is, a great quarterback can make an entire team better.

My fingers are crossed that Losman is the real deal.

He's the x-factor the Bills need in 2007.