PDA

View Full Version : Time to be patient....

HHURRICANE
04-02-2007, 02:11 PM
If we don't get Turner or Briggs I won't be freaking out. Overpaying is stupid at this point. If TN wants to give up a 1st than have at it. We can get a RB in the second round that can get 990 yards. Let's worry about the D in the draft!!

OpIv37
04-02-2007, 02:15 PM
I think we'd be better with Turner but we can get by without him- RB talent is not that difficult to find in the draft.

Not getting Briggs is a big deal. It basically means Patrick Willis or bust because no other LB in this draft is going to be ready to come in and start.

patmoran2006
04-02-2007, 02:17 PM
Bills... Patient.

ahahah..

How patient you expect everyone to be?

and also, who said TENN was giving up their first for Turner?

djjimkelly
04-02-2007, 02:19 PM
im a firm beleiver if your o line can create holes u will have an effective RB. now do i think u need a talented RB yeah. solid o line avg RB = 1000 yards poor o line great RB = 1000 yards. so if we dont sign one with the o line upgrades we will have someone produce the same as willis has been the last few years.

im still pulling for marshawn lynch. and if its not him im on the patrick willis bandwagon. i DO NOT WANT TO TRADE OUR 1st for anyone!!!!!!!!

Saratoga Slim
04-02-2007, 02:21 PM
I was 100% ready to call it a day in FA and give the FO decent marks until the Turner talk got me excited. Now I'm kinda hoping we can get that done. If we can't make it happen for a swap of 1sts or a 2nd-3d or something along those lines, I'm not as interested.

I won't pitch a fit if we trade #12 straight up for Turner, as I'd rather have him than Lynch, who most agree would be a good value pick at #12. But while I love Turner's resume, a 1st might be a little too much for him. we can get good production out of a 2nd-3rd round back without losing the chance at Willis, and without having to spend veteran $$.

OpIv37
04-02-2007, 02:32 PM
im a firm beleiver if your o line can create holes u will have an effective RB. now do i think u need a talented RB yeah. solid o line avg RB = 1000 yards poor o line great RB = 1000 yards. so if we dont sign one with the o line upgrades we will have someone produce the same as willis has been the last few years.

im still pulling for marshawn lynch. and if its not him im on the patrick willis bandwagon. i DO NOT WANT TO TRADE OUR 1st for anyone!!!!!!!!

we created holes at LB, RB, CB.... oh wait, that wasn't what you meant.

At the very least, all this Briggs and Turner talk gave us something to discuss during one of the more boring times of the football calendar.

patmoran2006
04-02-2007, 02:34 PM
we'll be discussing POS and Pittman on here soon enough dont worry..

Which sadly 50% of the homers on here will think we're better off than young stars like Turner and Briggs

gr8slayer
04-02-2007, 02:36 PM
I will be pretty pissed if the Titans get him for less than a first.

Mr. Miyagi
04-02-2007, 02:51 PM

Which sadly 50% of the homers on here will think we're better off than young stars like Turner and Briggs
Just last week you would've sold your soul for Marshawn Lynch.

Dude you're the biggest fan of whoever's hot this week.

Scumbag College
04-02-2007, 02:52 PM
Honestly I've been looking at some of the posts here over the weekend and the more I think about it, I don't think the Bills are getting Briggs or Turner, and I don't think Marv and Co. gave much the Bolts and Bears more than just an "inquiry" about the two. Marv from day one has been saying they'll build the team through the draft, and unless either player could be had for a song, I didn't think any trade would be done.

Don't Panic
04-02-2007, 03:01 PM
I will be pretty pissed if the Titans get him for less than a first.

That, I think, everyone can agree with. Our 2nd is better than theirs... let's hope Smith gives Marv the chance to counter if this is the case.

ddaryl
04-02-2007, 03:02 PM

The Bills could draft a big stinking turd equiped with flys' and I'd still find a positive. Simply because I'd rather have a happy / optomistic outlook then be a miserable ***** like others.

If I was to be as miserbale as 50% of the people posting on these forums I would have just quit being a football fan an moved on to other things.

jamesiscool
04-02-2007, 03:22 PM

Turner isn't a star yet, he has the ability to be one but he isn't a bonifide star in the NFL. Given a starting role on a team with a good OL he has the ability and talent to be a star.

James

justasportsfan
04-02-2007, 03:27 PM
If I was to be as miserbale as 50% of the people posting on these forums I would have just quit being a football fan an moved on to other things. But misery loves company. So instead of letting the rest of us enjoy whatever we can enjoy out of watching the games, they'd rather bring us down with them. If they aren't happy, no on else is allowed to. That's their MO.

trapezeus
04-02-2007, 03:51 PM
If we don't get Turner or Briggs I won't be freaking out. Overpaying is stupid at this point. If TN wants to give up a 1st than have at it. We can get a RB in the second round that can get 990 yards. Let's worry about the D in the draft!!

best post so far on the turner briggs topic.

FlyingDutchman
04-02-2007, 04:12 PM
Honestly I've been looking at some of the posts here over the weekend and the more I think about it, I don't think the Bills are getting Briggs or Turner, and I don't think Marv and Co. gave much the Bolts and Bears more than just an "inquiry" about the two. Marv from day one has been saying they'll build the team through the draft, and unless either player could be had for a song, I didn't think any trade would be done.

Exactly. Everyone needs to get off this Turner Briggs thing...Sorry to say people, we're not getting either one.

HHURRICANE
04-02-2007, 04:55 PM
Hey Pat, we saw how great Posey, Spikes, Fletcher, Adams, and Milloy worked out.

We have 5 picks in the first 111!!!!!! My guess is that we can get 2 starters out of our first 5 picks so giving them away doesn't make that much sense to me unless they are 100% for sure that Turner is a starter or Briggs is the real deal.

I have faith in Marv so I'm going to be patient. I love the media bashing especially when our draft was probably the best out of all 32 teams. How many guys started?!

Meathead
04-02-2007, 05:58 PM
i would rather overreact and freak out and proclaim i will never support the bills again because ralph is cheap

djjimkelly
04-02-2007, 06:24 PM
Hey Pat, we saw how great Posey, Spikes, Fletcher, Adams, and Milloy worked out.

We have 5 picks in the first 111!!!!!! My guess is that we can get 2 starters out of our first 5 picks so giving them away doesn't make that much sense to me unless they are 100% for sure that Turner is a starter or Briggs is the real deal.

I have faith in Marv so I'm going to be patient. I love the media bashing especially when our draft was probably the best out of all 32 teams. How many guys started?!

one of the better posts ive read this month!!!!!!!