PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: Turner to Packers?

mysticsoto
04-02-2007, 02:27 PM
Right now everything is rumors, so take anything you hear with a grain of salt:

EXTRA POINT 'Turner the Burner' in Packer green? Yuck!

POINTS PONDERED WHILE waiting for six more days to pass to see if Mama Bonato has finally remembered which three of her children actually like and eat black jellybeans, and which one doesn't and won't.

Where, oh, where is Michael Turner going to wind up playing in the NFL next year, and -- more importantly -- what's the first thing he's going to buy with all that money he's going to be making.

Here's the current status of the North Chicago High graduate, who is about to hit the mother lode, either as a backup running back with the San Diego Chargers or as a starter with some other squad.

After starring in college with Northern Illinois University, Turner was drafted in the fifth round by the Chargers and signed a three-year contract that paid him the relatively small amount -- by NFL standards -- of $375,000 last season.

Now that he's fulfilled his contract -- and showed that he's capable of being a featured, starting running back in the NFL rather just a backup to superstar Ladanian Tomlinson -- Turner is going to strike it rich with somebody and play somewhere.

As a restricted free agent, Turner has a few opportunities.

He was offered a one-year, $2.35 million contract by the Chargers, which means that the LEAST amount of money he'll play for next year is $2.35 MILLION.

But as a restricted free agent, other teams can make what would basically be a more lucrative, multi-year offer to Tomlinson. However, any team that signs Turner would have to give the Chargers its first- and third-round picks in the upcoming NFL draft.
"More rumors floating around the net now. It's reported the Packers and Chargers are in the process of a trade for Michael Turner. The trade is reportedly going to send Turner to Green Bay after a swap of Green Bay's and San Diego's first- and -third-round draft picks, allowing San Diego to move up about 15 spots in both rounds.

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/newssun/sports/bonato/322558,5_2_WA02_EXTRAPOINT_S1.article

justasportsfan
04-02-2007, 02:29 PM
Haha!

:crazy:

Mr. Miyagi
04-02-2007, 02:30 PM
I've also heard that the trade involves swapping Brett Favre and Philip Rivers, and their wives too.

camelcowboy
04-02-2007, 02:31 PM
Once again if there is a semblence of truth to this then the bills can beat it. "our picks are worth more"I wouldn't mind the swap. Especially because we have 2 3rds. This would probally be my limit. Any higher would be too much.

patmoran2006
04-02-2007, 02:31 PM
I said this a few days ago- not that it will be a huge point, but still noteworthy.

Turner and Farve share the same agent.. (Gus Cook)

Goobylal
04-02-2007, 02:37 PM
Points-wise, it's less than the Bills' 2nd rounder. FWIW.

DraftBoy
04-02-2007, 02:39 PM
Packers announced yesterday they werent interested....everything is a mess, but atleast its exciting

RedEyE
One good rumor deserves another:

Michael Turner: Plenty of Interest From Other Teams - 4/2/2007 7:27:12 AM

Update:
The Chargers are dealing with four suitors for Turner, and his agent has spoken with at least one of those teams in hopes of getting a long-term deal done, the San Diego Union-Tribune (http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/chargers/20070331-9999-1s31chargers.html) reports.

Recommendation:
Buffalo, Dallas, Tennessee and the New York Jets have shown interest in acquiring the restricted free agent. All appear willing to part at least with a first-round draft pick, but sources indicated the Chargers are still seeking two picks – in the first and third rounds. Turner's agent has denied contact with any teams, but multiple sources said he had spoken with the Bills about working out a long-term contract. Turner has not been attending the Chargers' voluntary workouts the past two weeks for fear of injuring himself before a trade can be worked out. The consensus had been that the Chargers' asking price was too high for a move to get done, but this recent flurry of activity suggests that some team is probably going to take the plunge.

http://www.rotowire.com/roto_to_gnews.htm?ID=121637&sport=nfl

gr8slayer
Packers announced yesterday they werent interested....everything is a mess, but atleast its exciting
It will be more exciting if we get our man.

Saratoga Slim
04-02-2007, 03:06 PM
I've also heard that the trade involves swapping Brett Favre and Philip Rivers, and their wives too.

Hah! wife swapping is always funny.

patmoran2006
04-02-2007, 03:43 PM
It will be more exciting if we get our man.
If we don't get Turner.....

I will seem like Captain Homer on this board right now, compared to what my reaction will be when we draft POS over Marshawn Lynch (if Willis is gone)

patmoran2006
04-02-2007, 03:44 PM
Hah! wife swapping is always funny.
My wife is a whore, but she can cook

Mr. Miyagi
04-02-2007, 03:47 PM
My wife is a whore
What's her number?

jamesiscool
04-02-2007, 03:48 PM
What's her number?

ZING!

YardRat
04-02-2007, 03:55 PM
What's her number?

Didn't you get my PM?

patmoran2006
04-02-2007, 03:57 PM
Didn't you get my PM?
:rrich:

HAMMER
04-02-2007, 05:18 PM
My wife is a whore, but she can cook

She can't cook, but ......

evol4276
04-02-2007, 05:23 PM
Right now everything is rumors, so take anything you hear with a grain of salt:

EXTRA POINT 'Turner the Burner' in Packer green? Yuck!

POINTS PONDERED WHILE waiting for six more days to pass to see if Mama Bonato has finally remembered which three of her children actually like and eat black jellybeans, and which one doesn't and won't.

Where, oh, where is Michael Turner going to wind up playing in the NFL next year, and -- more importantly -- what's the first thing he's going to buy with all that money he's going to be making.

Here's the current status of the North Chicago High graduate, who is about to hit the mother lode, either as a backup running back with the San Diego Chargers or as a starter with some other squad.

After starring in college with Northern Illinois University, Turner was drafted in the fifth round by the Chargers and signed a three-year contract that paid him the relatively small amount -- by NFL standards -- of $375,000 last season.

Now that he's fulfilled his contract -- and showed that he's capable of being a featured, starting running back in the NFL rather just a backup to superstar Ladanian Tomlinson -- Turner is going to strike it rich with somebody and play somewhere.

As a restricted free agent, Turner has a few opportunities.

He was offered a one-year, $2.35 million contract by the Chargers, which means that the LEAST amount of money he'll play for next year is $2.35 MILLION.

But as a restricted free agent, other teams can make what would basically be a more lucrative, multi-year offer to Tomlinson. However, any team that signs Turner would have to give the Chargers its first- and third-round picks in the upcoming NFL draft.
"More rumors floating around the net now. It's reported the Packers and Chargers are in the process of a trade for Michael Turner. The trade is reportedly going to send Turner to Green Bay after a swap of Green Bay's and San Diego's first- and -third-round draft picks, allowing San Diego to move up about 15 spots in both rounds.

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/newssun/sports/bonato/322558,5_2_WA02_EXTRAPOINT_S1.article
sure why not every other team has been mentioned to want him today, why not the packers?

gr8slayer
04-02-2007, 07:25 PM
Chargers GM A.J. Smith told the AP that he's open to a sign-and-trade deal with teams interested in restricted free agent Michael Turner.
Willis McGahee and Frank Gore both have serious injuries in their pasts but got large extensions this offseason. Turner has been healthy since college and could rival the four-year, $28 million deal Gore signed.