Clear All
  • LouGrant
    The Zone Editor
    • Jul 2002

Williams given “tools to finish the job.”

Art Wander
    The Zone
    3/10/02

After he took over as Prez/GM of the Bills two years ago, he hired Gregg Williams as the head coach of the Bills. As is usually the case, a GM allows the head coach to pick his staff. Williams did just that, emphasizing over and over again that these guys were “teachers.” Not much NFL experience, but they were “teachers.” The Bills were absent the experience needed and they paid for it with the 3-13 season as the “teachers” apparently were truant. The offensive coordinator was the first to go. Today, the Bills have to be #1 in the NFL in terms of former head coaches on one team. With the addition of Dick LeBeau as assistant head coach, the Bills have tons of experience patrolling the sidelines this season. ...MORE...
    Get into the Zone
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

I've been meaning to ask football historians or experts on this board their opinion if Lebeau as opposed to Belichick. I don't know much about Lebeau except from what's been written about him these past few days. He may not have been successful as a head coach with the Bengals (for whatever reason) , but is he that good of a defensive coach?

Belichick on the otherhand either outsmarted Gilbride or played arround with Drews head. Either ways I can barely remember The Pats dominating us like they have the past year. They used to be the bottom feeder in the AFCE during the Kelly era. Even when Flutie and Johnson were our qb's they didn't dominate us that badly. I think Belichick is the reason why they won the SB (forgetting the Brady fumble).

I wonder if Lebeau can be a huge help offensively if he knew what type of D Belichick will throw to us and how to counter it?

Thoughts anyone?
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

PS I just thought I'd keep it on this thread instead of starting a new one. It the same subject anyways
      sacrifice1
      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

Working...
      X