PDA

View Full Version : NFL draft guys mock

jamesiscool
04-02-2007, 03:57 PM
http://nfldraftguys.com/features/2007_NFL_Mock_Draft_Bloom_V1.php

12. Buffalo - Marshawn Lynch, RB, California
Finally I get to project the pick I've been toying with since December. It's not a slam dunk as Buffalo could choose to get an RBBC partner for Anthony Thomas later on the first day. Okoye might be an enticing BPA here.

43. Buffalo - Brandon Siler, LB, Florida

74. Buffalo - Jacoby Jones, WR, Lane

92. Buffalo (from BAL) - Michael Okwo, LB, Stanford

thats not a bad day one IMO

patmoran2006
04-02-2007, 03:59 PM
Brandon Siler at #43??????

This musta been done by a Bills fan if they think Siler is on the board at 43.

YardRat
04-02-2007, 03:59 PM
We'll see.

FlyingDutchman
04-02-2007, 04:08 PM
Brandon Siler at #43??????

This musta been done by a Bills fan if they think Siler is on the board at 43.

Just like Winston Justice was supposed to be top 20. Screw all mocks, ya never know how its gonna pan out.

Michael82
04-02-2007, 04:21 PM
Wow, that would be sweet if we could get those top 2 picks....Lynch fills a hole at RB and Siler is going to be good and would fill the hole at LB. :drool:

gr8slayer
04-02-2007, 04:46 PM
I would freaking love that draft.

tampabay25690
04-02-2007, 07:30 PM
I would freaking love that draft.

Florida fan here would love to see Siler in a BILLS UNI...

FlyingDutchman
04-02-2007, 07:50 PM
Florida fan here would love to see Siler in a BILLS UNI...

i dunno a whole lot about Siler except what shows up on paper...can you or anyone whos seen him play shed some light for me....

gr8slayer
04-02-2007, 08:51 PM
i dunno a whole lot about Siler except what shows up on paper...can you or anyone whos seen him play shed some light for me....
Well according to Kiper he is the 7th rated Inside LB. 40th rated player overall.

Strengths: Aggressive, has a quick first step and makes plays at the line of scrimmage. Plays with a mean streak and is big enough to hold his ground against most fullbacks when he stays low. Shows above-average upper-body strength and flashes the ability to shed blocks quickly. Uses hands to protect legs and generally does a nice job of fighting off cut blocks. Plays with a good motor and always seems to be around the ball at the end of the play. Displays good straight-line speed, closes fairly well and flashes the ability to deliver big hits. Wraps up on contact and is a sound open-field tackler when he gets into good position. Times blitzes well, flashes the ability to run through blockers in the backfield and takes the shortest path to the quarterback.

Weaknesses: Doesn't always take sound pursuit angles, has problems locating the ballcarrier despite size and gets caught out of position at times. Fast on a straight-line but lacks ideal athleticism. He's a bit stiff in the hips and loses too much time in transition when changing directions. He lacks ideal range in zone coverage and isn't fluid enough to match up versus quicker NFL running backs man-to-man. Lacks ideal ball skills and isn't a playmaker in coverage.

Overall: Siler appeared in all 12 games (six starts) as a true freshman in 2004 and finished with 77 total tackles, 9.5 tackles for loss, and two sacks, earning SEC Freshman of the Year honors (coaches). In 2005 he started all 12 games and recorded 64 total tackles, nine tackles for loss, four sacks, seven fumble recoveries and one safety. Siler started 13 of 14 games in 2006, missing the Western Carolina game because of a knee injury, and registered 77 total tackles, 10 tackles for loss, three sacks, one forced fumble and one fumble recovery, earning him third-team All-American honors (AP) and second-team All-SEC accolades (coaches and media).

Siler is an effective interior run stuffer who plays with a mean streak and never stops working. However, while he's fast on a straight-line, he doesn't display great agility when working laterally and is a bit sluggish in coverage. Overall, Siler projects as a second-round pick.