PDA

View Full Version : briggs talk

guy
04-02-2007, 05:49 PM
nfl network just reported trade talks between wash. and chicago, reg. briggs, have stalled

Carlton Bailey
04-02-2007, 05:53 PM
I still say we're going to get Lance, especially if Turner goes elsewhere. We'll see.

SquishDaFish
04-02-2007, 05:59 PM
Nah were not getting anymore FAs at all because Pat says so

:lmao:

Michael82
04-03-2007, 11:45 AM
Come on Marv....step right in there and offer the 12th overall pick. you know you want to. :pray:

patmoran2006
04-03-2007, 11:47 AM
Nah were not getting anymore FAs at all because Pat says so

:lmao:
Nah, we'll get 1-2 more free agents.. but they're going to be bums

RockStar36
04-03-2007, 11:50 AM
Come on Marv....step right in there and offer the 12th overall pick. you know you want to. :pray:

Do you think it would be that simple?

I'm trying to figure out if I would like that trade. On one hand, the Bills lose the 12th overall pick which is a pretty big deal. On the other hand, they get a proven LB as opposed to Willis who hasn't done anything in the NFL...yet.

Hard to say.

Earthquake Enyart
04-03-2007, 11:51 AM

I'm trying to figure out if I would like that trade. On one hand, the Bills lose the 12th overall pick which is a pretty big deal. On the other hand, they get a proven LB as opposed to Willis who hasn't done anything in the NFL...yet.

Hard to say.
Kinda like my Turner / Lynch argument. :biggrin:

ArcticWildMan
04-03-2007, 11:51 AM
Draft an unproven player or trade for a proven Pro-Bowl player...hmmm....

Earthquake Enyart
04-03-2007, 11:52 AM
The problem with Briggs is that his agent is Drew Rosenhaus and he wants a $15 to 20 mil signing bonus.

No way the Bills do that.

RockStar36
04-03-2007, 11:52 AM
Kinda like my Turner / Lynch argument. :biggrin:

It is a similar argument. Except Briggs is a bit more proven in the NFL than Turner, but I know what you're saying.

jamesiscool
04-03-2007, 11:54 AM
Draft an unproven player or trade for a proven Pro-Bowl player...hmmm....'

an unproven player with all the tangibles and intangibles to be an immediate star in the NFL and possibly even a cadidate for NFL defensive rookie of the year who mean. who was allso the best college LB in the nation last year who runs faster than cornerbacks wide recievers runningbacks and safeties but hits like a LB and is a very good tackler.

come on......

ArcticWildMan
04-03-2007, 12:00 PM
'

an unproven player with all the tangibles and intangibles to be an immediate star in the NFL and possibly even a cadidate for NFL defensive rookie of the year who mean. who was allso the best college LB in the nation last year who runs faster than cornerbacks wide recievers runningbacks and safeties but hits like a LB and is a very good tackler.

come on......

Are you willing to give up at least a 3rd round pick this year and next (or possibly a 2nd) to get him? We will have to move ahead of San Fran to get him and that will not be cheap. We have too many needs to give away draft picks when we could use our 1st round pick and be assured of having a Pro-Bowl LB.

jamesiscool
04-03-2007, 12:06 PM
Are you willing to give up at least a 3rd round pick this year and next (or possibly a 2nd) to get him? We will have to move ahead of San Fran to get him and that will not be cheap. We have too many needs to give away draft picks when we could use our 1st round pick and be assured of having a Pro-Bowl LB.

I'm not implying any of that. what i am implying is that iof he falls to us its a gem. and if he doesnt, we can work on a trade for briggs OR trade down, stokpile draft picks (which i am a fan of as well) and get a timmons or a POZ and call it a day.

Michael82
04-03-2007, 01:04 PM

Hard to say.
yeah I do. The rumor is that Washington is not willing to part with their 6th overall pick. They are willing to swap picks though and throw in another pick. If that's the case, Marv should call Chicago up and offer the 12th overall pick. Don't forget that if they trade the pick, that frees up more salary from the cash under cap figure. :up:

Michael82
04-03-2007, 01:05 PM
The problem with Briggs is that his agent is Drew Rosenhaus and he wants a $15 to 20 mil signing bonus.

No way the Bills do that.
Rosenhaus as his agent scares the **** out of me, but I don't think the price will scare them away. If they really want someone, they will pay. Look at Dockery, Kelsay, and Walker for examples.

Earthquake Enyart
04-03-2007, 01:21 PM
Rosenhaus as his agent scares the **** out of me, but I don't think the price will scare them away. If they really want someone, they will pay. Look at Dockery, Kelsay, and Walker for examples.
Mike, we're talking $15 to $20 mil SIGNING BONUS then a $8 mil salary.

No freaking way Buffalo will do this.

Michael82
04-03-2007, 01:37 PM
Mike, we're talking $15 to $20 mil SIGNING BONUS then a $8 mil salary.

No freaking way Buffalo will do this.
You never know.