PDA

View Full Version : Bills Puppett seems to be telling us no Turner deal...

HHURRICANE
04-02-2007, 09:51 PM
<TABLE style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #002d78 1px solid" width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD align=left>Today
</TD><TD align=right>Posted By: Chris Brown | Time: 10:15 PM ET | Link (http://buffalobills.com/blog/index.jsp?post_id=1221)

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>TENNESSEE LIKELY TO MOVE QUICKLY: With Michael Turner's visit in Tennessee Monday and Corey Dillon reportedly visiting Wednesday, the Titans have seemingly given themselves a tight window in which to decide on plan A (Turner) or plan B (Dillon) for the running back situation and it's probably on purpose. Turner's visit will likely lead to further talks with the Chargers for what it will take to land him. If those talks progress sufficiently negotiations with Turner's agent on a long term deal could then ensue. But with Dillon scheduled to visit Wednesday, they've probably got 24 to 36 hours in which to make it happen. Dillon isn't much of a threat in terms of telling the Chargers, we're moving forward with other options, but the Titans seem pretty committed to making a very big call in a very short window of time. Of course they could always cancel the Dillon visit, in which case everyone will know what's up. We'll see if it works out for them. ---

Devin
04-02-2007, 09:53 PM
Bummer.

gr8slayer
04-02-2007, 09:54 PM
Oh well, I want Lynch anyway. Won't cost us anymore than a first rounder either.

The Spaz
04-02-2007, 11:10 PM
What would you know about the goings on with the Bills without the puppet?

camelcowboy
04-02-2007, 11:21 PM
Seems like Brown's speculation he makes some valid points but i think the chargers will due they're homework before making a deal. The bills will have a chance to throw their hats in the ring. Unless the Titans just end up signing him to a offer sheet which is just stupid on their part.

gr8slayer
04-02-2007, 11:28 PM
Seems like Brown's speculation he makes some valid points but i think the chargers will due they're homework before making a deal. The bills will have a chance to throw their hats in the ring. Unless the Titans just end up signing him to a offer sheet which is just stupid on their part.
According to my online sources Turner is looking for four years $28 million dollars. That's alot of dough for a guy who has never started a game.

camelcowboy
04-02-2007, 11:32 PM
According to my online sources Turner is looking for four years $28 million dollars. That's alot of dough for a guy who has never started a game.

His agent is a funny guy. He will make no where near that.

gr8slayer
04-02-2007, 11:36 PM
His agent is a funny guy. He will make no where near that.

Chargers GM A.J. Smith told the AP that he's open to a sign-and-trade deal with teams interested in restricted free agent Michael Turner.
Willis McGahee and Frank Gore both have serious injuries in their pasts but got large extensions this offseason. Turner has been healthy since college and could rival the four-year, $28 million deal Gore signed.

gr8slayer
04-02-2007, 11:37 PM
The agent for Michael Turner, Bus Cook, confirmed to the Green Bay Press-Gazette that the Packers have not expressed interest in his client.
Cook, who also represents Brett Favre, has a good relationship with Green Bay and probably would say so if the Packers had contacted him.

camelcowboy
04-02-2007, 11:39 PM
I believed you slayer i read that as well, but he's not going to get a frank Gore like contract for his limited playing time. If a team signs him to contract like that most of it will be back loaded just incase he shows he can't handle the load.

gr8slayer
04-02-2007, 11:42 PM
I believed you slayer i read that as well, but he's not going to get a frank Gore like contract for his limited playing time. If a team signs him to contract like that most of it will be back loaded just incase he shows he can't handle the load.
You know how link happy everyone is around here. It was more for the n00bs.

Unfortunately he will get that kind of money because of the cap increase. But hey, if he can perform as a starter like he has as a backup (rarely happens) watch out.

camelcowboy
04-02-2007, 11:48 PM
You know how link happy everyone is around here. It was more for the n00bs.

Unfortunately he will get that kind of money because of the cap increase. But hey, if he can perform as a starter like he has as a backup (rarely happens) watch out.

Hey slayer lynch appears to be droping because of his proday, apparently his short shuttle was bad. Im not into numbers but do you think he's still a possiblity at 12.

gr8slayer
04-02-2007, 11:52 PM
Hey slayer lynch appears to be droping because of his proday, apparently his short shuttle was bad. Im not into numbers but do you think he's still a possiblity at 12.
I personally don't buy into the whole combine thing. I've seen the guy play on the football field and that's all I need to know. Many people who are not football savy don't understand that there is a fine line between strait line forty speed and football speed. Lynch is football speed, that said I think he is a hell of a value at 12 and I personally would even take him over Peterson.

camelcowboy
04-03-2007, 12:00 AM
In the end the bills will probally take a flyer on Chris Henry of Arizona or Battle from houston. One of the two will be a third round pick for us bank it.

gr8slayer
04-03-2007, 12:01 AM
In the end the bills will probally take a flyer on Chris Henry of Arizona or Battle from houston. One of the two will be a third round pick for us bank it.
I honestly have not seen either of them play so I will take your word on it.

camelcowboy
04-03-2007, 12:04 AM
I honestly have not seen either of them play so I will take your word on it. Work out warriors at the combine, which always scares the hell out of me. Battle played alot, Henry hardly touched the ball.

gr8slayer
04-03-2007, 12:05 AM
Work out warriors at the combine, which always scares the hell out of me. Battle played alot, Henry hardly touched the ball.
So what makes you so confident that we will take him?

camelcowboy
04-03-2007, 12:10 AM
So what makes you so confident that we will take him?

I heard on sirius he's coming to visit us. Im really not that confident, i figure guys claim Turner will be signed by friday. Briggs will be a bill by the draft. I just wanted to make a guarentee except im not very confident what the bills will do so thats the best on i could come up with. How about this the bills will draft a Linebacker in this draft? That one is a safe bet.

patmoran2006
04-03-2007, 07:48 AM
I just hope we dont get stuck with Chris Brown.. If we sign Brown and have A-Train, we'll be lucky if we even draft a RB before round 4.

DraftBoy
04-03-2007, 07:59 AM
What would you know about the goings on with the Bills without the puppet?

Considering he rarely breaks anything and usually is used only a final confirmation, Id think we'd pretty much be at the same place we are now.

Jan Reimers
04-03-2007, 08:02 AM
That's OK with me. We have the 12th overall pick and three more in the top 92. I hope we keep them all.

I'm on a youth kick. I want to see young talent on this team, rather than other teams' extra bodies.

The Spaz
04-03-2007, 08:19 AM
Considering he rarely breaks anything and usually is used only a final confirmation, Id think we'd pretty much be at the same place we are now.

At least he told you whio we were interviewing for the draft that other places didn't. Don't hate on the guy. Most would love his job. I know I would.

DraftBoy
04-03-2007, 08:25 AM
At least he told you whio we were interviewing for the draft that other places didn't. Don't hate on the guy. Most would love his job. I know I would.

No he didnt, there were more interviews that he never reported not to mention from Senior Week and such. Id love his job too but he is simply a puppet writer, he cant truly express any opinion at all.

Michael82
04-03-2007, 12:11 PM
That's OK with me. We have the 12th overall pick and three more in the top 92. I hope we keep them all.

I'm on a youth kick. I want to see young talent on this team, rather than other teams' extra bodies.
ummm, Michael Turner is young. He's ONLY 25 and right in his prime.

The Spaz
04-03-2007, 12:12 PM
No he didnt, there were more interviews that he never reported not to mention from Senior Week and such. Id love his job too but he is simply a puppet writer, he cant truly express any opinion at all.

You are wrong I posted a crap load of interviews that Chris Brown reported the Bills interviewed that you didn't see. I really don't care but some of you seem to really have a hate for some people.

DraftBoy
04-03-2007, 12:20 PM
You are wrong I posted a crap load of interviews that Chris Brown reported the Bills interviewed that you didn't see. I really don't care but some of you seem to really have a hate for some people.

No you are wrong I saw what he posted and there were numerous others that he didnt report, if you think he reports everything there is to report than thats fine, but there was much that he doesnt report. Also please do some research before you accuse me of not seeing things and hating somebody. I posted in the thread your referencing and I dont hate the man, but to act like he is some Bills Insider is ridiculous he posts what the Bills tell him to, he has an amazing job Id kill for. Kudos to Chris Brown.

The Spaz
04-03-2007, 03:18 PM
Well he does work for the Bills so I think he would be an insider. Which would lead me to believe he knows a little more than these other journalists:nerd:

DraftBoy
04-04-2007, 11:32 AM
Well he does work for the Bills so I think he would be an insider. Which would lead me to believe he knows a little more than these other journalists:nerd:

I think he knows more than he reports, simply because he knows he cant

Michael82
04-04-2007, 11:36 AM
I think he knows more than he reports, simply because he knows he cant
I agree. He used to report a ton of inside info when he was on WGR. Now he's just one of their puppets. He speaks when they want him to speak and shuts his mouth when they want him to shut it.

acehole
04-04-2007, 11:45 AM
Me thinks the Bills want this under the radar as to not cause a bidding war............

<TABLE style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #002d78 1px solid" width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD align=left>Today
</TD><TD align=right>Posted By: Chris Brown | Time: 10:15 PM ET | Link (http://buffalobills.com/blog/index.jsp?post_id=1221)

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>TENNESSEE LIKELY TO MOVE QUICKLY: With Michael Turner's visit in Tennessee Monday and Corey Dillon reportedly visiting Wednesday, the Titans have seemingly given themselves a tight window in which to decide on plan A (Turner) or plan B (Dillon) for the running back situation and it's probably on purpose. Turner's visit will likely lead to further talks with the Chargers for what it will take to land him. If those talks progress sufficiently negotiations with Turner's agent on a long term deal could then ensue. But with Dillon scheduled to visit Wednesday, they've probably got 24 to 36 hours in which to make it happen. Dillon isn't much of a threat in terms of telling the Chargers, we're moving forward with other options, but the Titans seem pretty committed to making a very big call in a very short window of time. Of course they could always cancel the Dillon visit, in which case everyone will know what's up. We'll see if it works out for them. ---

Michael82
04-04-2007, 11:49 AM
Me thinks the Bills want this under the radar as to not cause a bidding war............
I agree.