PDA

View Full Version : OK hear me out......

acehole
04-02-2007, 11:02 PM
We fill all of our all defensive holes with this years draft (NO TRADES) DT,LB CB LB etc We give our # 1 and #3 next year for Turner this year......before you groan me listen. If we took Lynch with the # 1 this year would any of you cry? So whats the difference if we took a RB next year with a # 1 pick...(Turner)? We have 2 3rds next year so big whoop if we lose one? We won't have to pay a # 1 next year and that money can be used to extend JP and Evans. Come the end of April we will be one WR and one TE away from a ligit contender.......

jpdex12
04-02-2007, 11:04 PM
We fill all of our all defensive holes with this years draft (NO TRADES) DT,LB CB LB etc We give our # 1 and #3 next year for Turner this year......before you groan me listen. If we took Lynch with the # 1 this year would any of you cry? So whats the difference if we took a RB next year with a # 1 pick...(Turner)? We have 2 3rds next year so big whoop if we lose one? We won't have to pay a # 1 next year and that money can be used to extend JP and Evans. Come the end of April we will be one WR and one TE away from a ligit contender.......

Are you high? Give up next years 1st rounder when there are some real stud RB's available next year?

gr8slayer
04-02-2007, 11:05 PM
Are you high? Give up next years 1st rounder when there are some real stud RB's available next year?
McFadden :drool:

acehole
04-02-2007, 11:07 PM

Great point and I was thinking that...but what good is that RB to us now?

We have some serious holes on defense NOW....we need a RB now!

Tatonka
04-02-2007, 11:11 PM
well if we fill the holes we need to with the draft, AND get a running back the quality of turner.. i seriously doubt that we would pick high enough to come close to mcfadden anyway.

JWatts
04-02-2007, 11:25 PM
If Marshall Faulk in his prime didn't get a 1st round pick, why would a backup that plays behind one of the best run blocking OL's in football get one? If we give up our first for Turner Marv and all the old guys at OBD should be put in a retirement home.

Tatonka
04-02-2007, 11:33 PM
at the same time.. wes welker got a 2nd and a 7th rounder.

acehole
04-02-2007, 11:34 PM
If Marshall Faulk in his prime didn't get a 1st round pick, why would a backup that plays behind one of the best run blocking OL's in football get one? If we give up our first for Turner Marv and all the old guys at OBD should be put in a retirement home.

Please have another thought.....

Tatonka
04-02-2007, 11:36 PM
i am just dying for something to happen.

at this point.. i really dont care what.

acehole
04-02-2007, 11:39 PM

ME too....

If Turner is a Titan tearing up the NFL we will all be wondering why we didnt pull the trigger.

gr8slayer
04-02-2007, 11:39 PM

I think everyone is.

camelcowboy
04-02-2007, 11:41 PM
Yeah you can only talk about the same crap for so long. This draft being moved to the end of April sucks balls.

gr8slayer
04-02-2007, 11:43 PM
Yeah you can only talk about the same crap for so long. This draft being moved to the end of April sucks balls.
I know! They need to move it to mid April.

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-03-2007, 07:57 AM
OK, let us look at the running backs that were traded. I just can't see the Bills interested in trading a 1st for him.

Rueben Droughns for Tim Carter, WR
Willis McGahee for 2-3rds and a 7th
Thomas Jones for swapping of 2nd round picks

If the Bills do land him they will then have to sign him long term. If they do that I would be happy with it. Most of us know Turner from him ripping the Bills D apart, but I think he could be a nice replacement for McGahee.

Jan Reimers
04-03-2007, 08:10 AM
Turner is not worth next year's number 1 and 3. I don't like trading away our future.

HHURRICANE
04-03-2007, 08:20 AM
Turner is not worth next year's number 1 and 3. I don't like trading away our future.

I am not very high on Turner. I see alot of potential downside on this whole deal. However, Chris Brown in a Bills uni makes me want to hurl. The fact that the Titans haven't resigned their own player when they need a RB doesn't say much about the player.

Let me take it a step further. I'm not sold on Marshawyn Lynch. He's a terrible pick at #12. At #25 he's a great pick.

I think we might be screwed at the RB position.

Earthquake Enyart
04-03-2007, 08:24 AM
I am not very high on Turner. I see alot of potential downside on this whole deal. However, Chris Brown in a Bills uni makes me want to hurl. The fact that the Titans haven't resigned their own player when they need a RB doesn't say much about the player.

Let me take it a step further. I'm not sold on Marshawyn Lynch. He's a terrible pick at #12. At #25 he's a great pick.

I agree with most of this, but I think A train plus a sleeper RB in the 2nd or 3rd will be ok.

I don't like Lynch.

jdbillsfan
04-03-2007, 08:29 AM

There is potential downside with almost every FA and draft choice.

I would love to have Turner, but obviously there is a chance it doesn't work out. Bills have a hole at RB. Picking up Turner would hopefully fill that hole. Trust in the people that scout and analyze him and determine his worth.

I also don't make as big a deal about where a player is picked if he ends up being a quality starter for you. If the Bills draft Lynch and he turns out to be good, than it will be a great pick whether it was at 12 or 25.

Tatonka
04-03-2007, 09:03 AM
i really just dont see how turner wont be good. i honestly just think that he is a sure fire pick.. so in my opinion, instead of spending a 1st on a guy like lynch, who is 100% unproven, i am ok with spending next years 1st on a guy who has at least proven in a reserve role that he can absolutely dominate in the nfl.

but whatever the bills decide is cool. if leonard or pittman is the new starting running back then so be it.. if they roll with atrain and chris brown until next years draft.. then so be it..

in marv we trust...

justasportsfan
04-03-2007, 09:10 AM
in marv we trust...

AMEN!

Marv knows what it takes to have a competitive team.

Correct me if I'm wrong, didn't Jauron draft well when he was with the bears? Briggs? A-Train. I know all hell broke loose when De Angelo came on board? :idunno:

Earthquake Enyart
04-03-2007, 09:12 AM
If you guys are happy with drafting Lynch in the first, then why is anyone against trading the first for Turner?

Earthquake Enyart
04-03-2007, 09:13 AM
AMEN!

Marv knows what it takes to have a competitive team.

Correct me if I'm wrong, didn't Jauron draft well when he was with the bears? Briggs? A-Train. I know all hell broke loose when De Angelo came on board? :idunno:
For the most part Angelo drafts well.

I think the biggest disagreement was over Cade McNown, which as it turned out, Jauron was right.

ddaryl
04-03-2007, 09:14 AM

I agree. No team should be willing ot give up a 1st let alone a 1st and a 3rd for Turner. he has done nothing to warrant that price.

THATHURMANATOR
04-03-2007, 09:17 AM
Good point EE. The only reason I have for this would be that Lynch is a younger player. Another reason would be is the fact that Lynch seems like more a dual threat as he is a good receiver as well.

jamesiscool
04-03-2007, 09:20 AM
Good point EE. The only reason I have for this would be that Lynch is a younger player. Another reason would be is the fact that Lynch seems like more a dual threat as he is a good receiver as well.

from what ive seen of turner he seems to be a very capable reciever and has the size/speed to take it to the house everytime he touches the ball.

Size: turner-235
lynch-210

speed: almost the same, maybe a slight edge to turner.

thats just how i see it.... turner for a first or lynch with a first.... thats a toughie....

ddaryl
04-03-2007, 09:21 AM
If you guys are happy with drafting Lynch in the first, then why is anyone against trading the first for Turner?

Because of the fact that no other RB has been traded for a 1st rd pick in recent years so why should a career backup RB get traded for a 1st when it obvioulsy doesn't have to be a 1st. Turner can be had for less and allow us to use our 1st rd pick for other needs.

Lynch would be gone by the 2nd rd, and if we need a RB and Marv likes Lynch then Lynch it is. Turner could be grerat but the fact just remains no team will have to spend a 1st rd for Turner given what other RB's have been traded for, so why give up what you don't have too.

Tatonka
04-03-2007, 09:31 AM

that is my point exactly.

Tatonka
04-03-2007, 09:35 AM

turner is 3 years old.. 24.. i would consider that young, but experienced.

there is no arguing that lynch has great hands.. at this point, we just dont know about turners.. because LT is soo good that he gets all the passes.

acehole
04-03-2007, 09:38 AM
You have really made my piont with your post........if you are going to take a chance in the 1rst round with a RB Turner is as good as any....

i really just dont see how turner wont be good. i honestly just think that he is a sure fire pick.. so in my opinion, instead of spending a 1st on a guy like lynch, who is 100% unproven, i am ok with spending next years 1st on a guy who has at least proven in a reserve role that he can absolutely dominate in the nfl.

but whatever the bills decide is cool. if leonard or pittman is the new starting running back then so be it.. if they roll with atrain and chris brown until next years draft.. then so be it..

in marv we trust...

gr8slayer
04-03-2007, 09:42 AM
Lynch is still more of a big play threat than Turner is. Turner is power, Lynch is speed and quickness. I'm kind of bored with power after watching McGahee try to be something he's not for so long.

Earthquake Enyart
04-03-2007, 09:51 AM
Turner has 5623 70 yard runs!

gr8slayer
04-03-2007, 09:51 AM
Turner has 5623 70 yard runs!
huh? 5623?

justasportsfan
04-03-2007, 09:54 AM
For the most part Angelo drafts well.

I think the biggest disagreement was over Cade McNown, which as it turned out, Jauron was right.

Yeah, De Angelo did draft Urlacher that much I know and you can't downplay where the bears are at right now. My point was, Jauron is not stupid either when it comes to the draft. Marv + Jauron isn't such a bad combination which is why, until proven wrong, IN MARV I TRUST.

acehole
04-03-2007, 09:56 AM
Lynch is still more of a big play threat than Turner is. Turner is power, Lynch is speed and quickness. I'm kind of bored with power after watching McGahee try to be something he's not for so long.

Trouble is I think we are moving tward a ball control big back system.

Turner is a big back with speed so it gives up options to run outside or in...with the other back rotating in as change of pace.

gr8slayer
04-03-2007, 09:59 AM
Trouble is I think we are moving tward a ball control big back system.

Turner is a big back with speed so it gives up options to run outside or in...with the other back rotating in as change of pace.
I just think it makes more sense to have a power runner (Thomas) and have a speed back (Lynch.)

It opens up your Offense so much more.

Earthquake Enyart
04-03-2007, 10:02 AM
Turner can fly!

jamesiscool
04-03-2007, 10:04 AM
Turner can fly!

I've seen it. dude jus sprouted wings and he was off.

gr8slayer
04-03-2007, 10:05 AM
Turner can fly!
But not like Lynch.

Michael82
04-03-2007, 12:29 PM
Exactly! I've been wondering this same thing. The only thing I think it might be about is the age difference. Turner is 25, Lynch is 20. That's a huge difference for RBs who tend to wear out fast.

acehole
04-03-2007, 01:07 PM
But not like Lynch.

Wrong again.