PDA

View Full Version : At right price, Turner would be worth it for Buffalo

Don't Panic
04-03-2007, 04:14 AM
http://www.realfootball365.com/nfl/articles/2007/04/bills-michaelturner-rightprice020407.html

First of all, Chargers General Manager A.J. Smith is requesting a first- and third-round pick in return. Considering Turner has solely been a backup during his three-year career, that's a ridiculous asking price.

In 13 games (zero starts) for the 14-2 Chargers last year, Turner accumulated seven 20-plus-yard runs. McGahee, meanwhile, in 14 games (all starts), had just four rushes over 20 yards in 2006. It's obvious, then, that Turner has much greater ability to be a gamebreaking back than McGahee, who disappointed in Buffalo last year.

Despite all the positives that Turner brings, including intelligence (he scored a 35 on the pre-2004 draft Wonderlic test), he'd still be a big-time risk. With that in mind, it probably wouldn't be a wise move for the Bills, who have plenty of important needs, to give up their first-rounder (12th overall) for the ball carrier. However, if San Diego lowers its demands and requests, say, a second-rounder in 2007 and a third in next year's draft, Buffalo should jump all over it.

Forogt how much I missed him...

Tinboy
04-03-2007, 05:20 AM
intresting, I could give up a third i next years draft and go for Pittman also this year.

With Turner, A-train and Pittman I think we could have a positive competion going into the training camp.

Night Train
04-03-2007, 05:33 AM
I watched Pittmans whole career at Ohio St. He has some ability, granted.

A little warning. The next block he throws will be his first.

That can be said for most all the top backs, outside of maybe Leonard. A sobering reality. These guys have a lot to learn at the NFL level.

Don't Panic
04-03-2007, 06:10 AM
I've heard from a couple of OSU fans I work with to stay away from Pittman. Granted, I didn't see much of him, but like you NT, these are guys who watched him for years. They have doubts about him at the next level, therefore so do I.

As for Turner... 35 on the wonderlic?!? I know he's a running back (and they don't need it as much), but that's still a nice check in the plus column. 4.4 speed at that weight... if there is ANY way to avoid giving up this year's first to get him, we gotta do it.

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-03-2007, 06:42 AM
intresting, I could give up a third i next years draft and go for Pittman also this year.

With Turner, A-train and Pittman I think we could have a positive competion going into the training camp.

So you want to give up a 2nd this year and also draft Pittman in the 3rd? Basically two running backs in the same draft. Are you high?

Tatonka
04-03-2007, 10:52 AM

getting a guy like booker to compliment turner and atrain makes alot more sense. booker is more of a prototypical 3rd down guy.

camelcowboy
04-03-2007, 11:03 AM
getting a guy like booker to compliment turner and atrain makes alot more sense. booker is more of a prototypical 3rd down guy.

Booker could provide us with a kick off returner that we should get, because i don't want McGee running them back now that he's our number 1

Don't Panic
04-03-2007, 11:46 AM
Booker could provide us with a kick off returner that we should get, because i don't want McGee running them back now that he's our number 1

Booker would be great with the Ravens pick. In fact, if we stand pat with A-Train, I wouldn't mind going Leonard with our first 3rd (if he's there) and Booker with our second 3rd. We'd have a back for every situation with those three.

Tatonka
04-03-2007, 12:03 PM
i wouldnt be mad at that.

ParanoidAndroid
04-03-2007, 01:32 PM
The talks have been about a swap of picks. Saying that we would give up our first is misleading. It's basically a trade down for a player, rather than an additional pick. If we could do that and grab an OLB like Beason, I say do it.

Michael82
04-03-2007, 01:48 PM
The talks have been about a swap of picks. Saying that we would give up our first is misleading. It's basically a trade down for a player, rather than an additional pick. If we could do that and grab an OLB like Beason, I say do it.
I totally agree.