PDA

View Full Version : Running Back Options

Don't Panic
04-03-2007, 04:18 AM
So many options out there on what we could do, figured it was a good time to gauge the crowd and see what they're thinking.

Night Train
04-03-2007, 05:22 AM
You could make a case for any of the choices above and it really wouldn't be a wrong answer, although others would tell you different.

Anything to improve ourselves as a team and get bonifide talent into our starting lineup is a positive. I realize the 2008 Draft is loaded with RB talent but we need to find 1-2 RB's right now to give us a shot at winning games this coming season. We have tons of youth on this team.

McGahee has talent but used it when the mood struck him, while falling into some bad habits. (Stopping flat footed in front of open holes ,then trying to start back up, resulting in constant losses). He was waaaay underproductive at a key position and I hope the Bills ID a RB (or 2) who has a well rounded game and isn't an idiot.

I don't wish to trade away our #1 for Turner and then watch his agent demand the moon in contract $$ for the guy. Maybe hope Lynch isn't another McGahee ? If he passes the background check, fine. The Bills could grab Leonard, Jackson or someone else in Rounds 2-3 and improve other positions, I suppose. But the Bills better be confident that plan does work to actually improve our situation, rather than being content with settling for Value Plan B and receiving mediocre returns.

The Value concept doesn't matter to a ticket buying fanbase that only cares about Wins and Losses. I think some folks get so caught up in playing Internet GM and forget this. Bottom line, we damn well better have a consistent, good running game this year .

Run and stop the run. Everything else plays off of this.

EDS
04-03-2007, 08:09 AM
At this point I would gamble on someone like Pittman or Irons in the draft.

Mr. Miyagi
04-03-2007, 09:16 AM
I'll take Marshawn Lynch, then trade back up to the first and grab Posluszny if he's there late.

jamesiscool
04-03-2007, 09:27 AM
but pat hates poz..... he wont let marv draft him....

IMO. ITS SHAUD "THE RAMROD" WILLIAMS TIME!!!!!

:couch:

ok that was a joke. no one take it seriously. haha?

Mr. Miyagi
04-03-2007, 09:28 AM
but pat hates poz..... he wont let marv draft him....

IMO. ITS SHAUD "THE RAMROD" WILLIAMS TIME!!!!!

:couch:

ok that was a joke. no one take it seriously. haha?
I'll show pat where the ramrod should go.

ddaryl
04-03-2007, 09:29 AM
So many options out there on what we could do, figured it was a good time to gauge the crowd and see what they're thinking.

I'm all for Turner but it won't cost us the #12.

I prefer Turner based upon the fact he would free up our #12, and allow us to fill other holes while being a possible better option then the top rated available RB's in the draft.

So I could not vote

Don't Panic
04-03-2007, 09:59 AM
Pretty spread out voting... no wonder there's 20 different threads on it.

Michael82
04-03-2007, 12:18 PM
I voted for Turner, but I wouldn't give up #12 overall for him. I would be willing to swap picks though. Then we'd be able to be a LB in the end of the 1st round. :up:

ParanoidAndroid
04-03-2007, 12:58 PM
Swap for Turner and grab Beason if he's there?

Don't Panic
04-03-2007, 01:08 PM
I'm all for Turner but it won't cost us the #12.

I prefer Turner based upon the fact he would free up our #12, and allow us to fill other holes while being a possible better option then the top rated available RB's in the draft.

So I could not vote

LOL... I knew I needed a 6th option ("Other")!

Michael82
04-03-2007, 01:08 PM
Swap for Turner and grab Beason if he's there?
or Siler. :up:

ParanoidAndroid
04-03-2007, 01:33 PM
We could probably wait until our 2nd to get Siler, so maybe we take the best CB off the board or a WR? If Beason is there, I think Indy grabs him. I'm not sure, but I thought Siler was not quite a good fit for the cover-2 and he's an ILB which is Crowell's position.

BAM
04-03-2007, 01:43 PM
If I had to choose just one, I'd go with Lynch.

I'd be happy with either him or Turner though.

camelcowboy
04-03-2007, 01:45 PM
Bills | D. Wright to meet with team Tuesday
Tue, 3 Apr 2007 11:15:56 -0700
KFFL has learned Fresno State RB <A href="http://www.kffl.com/player/16209/nfl">Dwayne Wright will meet with the Buffalo Bills (http://www.kffl.com/team/9/nfl) Tuesday, April 3.