PDA

View Full Version : Pack takes pass on Turner

Michael82
04-03-2007, 11:01 AM
The Packers are still looking for a running back to replace the departed Ahman Green and apparently, Michael Turner is not the answer.

Turner's agent, Bus Cook, says Green Bay is not among the teams that have expressed an interest in the restricted free agent from San Diego.

Whoever signs him would have to give San Diego a first-round and a third-round draft pick as compensation, but reports say the Chargers will settle for less, because Turner is scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent after next season.

http://www.piercecountyherald.com/articles/index.cfm?id=23275&section=None&property_id=9&freebie_check&CFID=27874900&CFTOKEN=60906161&jsessionid=88309f48c97b6b3d5466

Mr. Miyagi
04-03-2007, 11:03 AM
With the nobodys at RB on Green Bay's roster, I'm very surprised they passed on Turner. Maybe they're expecting to draft Lynch? Imagine if we grabbed him 3 spots before GB? Man will they be pissed.

Don't Panic
04-03-2007, 11:05 AM
I'm thinking a lot of teams are shying away because of the asking price. Either way, its nice to have less competition for his services.

feelthepain
04-03-2007, 11:09 AM
The Packers are still looking for a running back to replace the departed Ahman Green and apparently, Michael Turner is not the answer.

Turner's agent, Bus Cook, says Green Bay is not among the teams that have expressed an interest in the restricted free agent from San Diego.

Whoever signs him would have to give San Diego a first-round and a third-round draft pick as compensation, but reports say the Chargers will settle for less, because Turner is scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent after next season.

http://www.piercecountyherald.com/articles/index.cfm?id=23275&section=None&property_id=9&freebie_check&CFID=27874900&CFTOKEN=60906161&jsessionid=88309f48c97b6b3d5466

I see them trading up with the Fins to get into position to take either Peterson or Lynch.

Michael82
04-03-2007, 11:12 AM
With the nobodys at RB on Green Bay's roster, I'm very surprised they passed on Turner. Maybe they're expecting to draft Lynch? Imagine if we grabbed him 3 spots before GB? Man will they be pissed.
Another article I read said that they are very interested in Chris Brown and waiting out the Michael Turner talks to see what happens with Brown. If they don't sign Brown, they will most likely go for Peterson or Lynch in the draft.

patmoran2006
04-03-2007, 11:17 AM
Good, I hope GB signs brown and drafts lynch

jamesiscool
04-03-2007, 11:19 AM
Good, I hope GB signs brown and drafts lynch

i though u were all about lynch? amazing what can change in a week.

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-03-2007, 11:32 AM
Maybe a trade down scenario with GB??

Don't Panic
04-03-2007, 11:34 AM
i though u were all about lynch? amazing what can change in a week.

No doubt! You're a funny guy, Pat. For pure humor's sake, someone should put together a compilation of all of Pat's posts. We could call it, "The Complete Guide to a Bipolar Manic Depressive Football Junkie." I'm seeing sales in the millions.

Don't Panic
04-03-2007, 11:35 AM
Maybe a trade down scenario with GB??

If they want Lynch, would they do it? They know if we trade down that we don't want him, and if we don't want him, he will most likely fall to them.

jamesiscool
04-03-2007, 11:35 AM
did turner even have a visit scheduled with green bay? or was it all internet hoopla.

Tatonka
04-03-2007, 11:57 AM
I'm thinking a lot of teams are shying away because of the asking price. Either way, its nice to have less competition for his services.

exactly.

and with less suitors.. the price should drop. that is unless SD is completely content just keeping him and getting nothing.. which i really think they are.

kernowboy
04-03-2007, 12:23 PM
or they'll retain him and then tag him or easily replace him next year....

Michael82
04-03-2007, 12:26 PM
exactly.

and with less suitors.. the price should drop. that is unless SD is completely content just keeping him and getting nothing.. which i really think they are.
I don't. I'm calling AJ Smith's bluff. He's done this before and keeps staying strong with demands and then he caves in. I have no doubt that Michael Turner won't be a Charger this year. I'm just not sure who will take him. If Smith continues to push for a 1st and 3rd, the Titans will sign Corey Dillon, then Buffalo can swoop in and offer their 2nd rounder or a swap of 1st rounders and a conditional pick in 08. And he will be a Buffalo Bill. :pray:

jamesiscool
04-03-2007, 12:29 PM
I don't. I'm calling AJ Smith's bluff. He's done this before and keeps staying strong with demands for a trade and then he caves in. I have no doubt that Michael Turner won't be a Charger this year. I'm just not sure who will take him. If Smith continues to push for a 1st and 3rd, the Titans will sign Corey Dillon, then Buffalo can swoop in and offer their 2nd rounder or a swap of 1st rounders and a conditional pick in 08. And he will be a Buffalo Bill. :pray:

i would be happy with that.

The Answer
04-03-2007, 12:47 PM

Turner is not THE ANSWER in Buffalo either.

~The Answer

mysticsoto
04-03-2007, 12:51 PM
Perhaps the Pack is waiting to see if Buffalo bites on Turner so they can grab Lynch in the draft. Right now, we are probably their major contender for Lynch. Or, it could be that they have their eyes on Onterrio Smith who will be available shortly. I doubt Marv is interested in Smith...

I wish the Titans would sign Brown or Dillon b'cse interest in Turner would die down and then we could wait until the draft to see if a) Willis is available, b) Peterson falls to us, or c) we should actually consider a predetermined/prediscussed trade scenario that SD might accept.