• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BFBills
    "That will be Nate Clements third Pic of the day!"
    • Oct 2002

No...i don't dare say it...

bills in the super bowl this year baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "BillsZone.com some of the most uhhhh....some of the smartest football talkers I've ever ever talked to"...Voltron...

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    MIKE IS NICE!!!!!!!!!!!MIKE IS NICE!!!!!MIKE IS NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

then don't say it...they still have 16 regular season games to play...haven't even gone to minicamp yet.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Tatonka
      • Jul 2002

we may not make the playoffs if we dont sign a quality DT
      "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Wys Guy
        Drew and Sam stole all my hair
        • Jul 2002

Agree T, DT is HUGE!!!

Assuming we get one however, we'll have:

One of the top 5 RBs
        One of the top 5 (or so) WRs
        One of the top OLs
        A decent QB...
        A top 10, perhaps better defense

STs may be average, and we still need a K and a returner.

We'll be very balanced however. I don't want to jump any guns either, but I presume that we'll be one of the top, if not the top, choice to win the AFC.

Who will be ahead of us? Won't be anyone in our division, nor the North. South? Titans maybe. West, forget it.

Of the NFL, Philly, Tampa, S.F. possibly.
        Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Tatonka
          • Jul 2002

dyson would put our wr corps back to the top imho
          "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• The Spaz
            • Mar 2003

Well a lot of people disagree wys that Bledsoe is only a average QB! We all know that you just don't like him so I'll leave it at that! Go Bills!

Comment

• Captain gameboy
              • Jul 2002

Greenspan said it, I'll repeat it.
              Irrational exuberance.

Comment

• Billz_fan
                • Jan 2003

I consider myself as optomistic as anyone. I think we will be in the playoffs this year, there are some thoughts that run through my mind about this team though. Im afraid these must be considered negative.

First, player/personel worries

Back up QB- God forbid Bledsoe has to sit a few games with an injury. AVP threw 2 passes all last regular season.
                Kicker- Hollis is comtetant, but will he be a Bill at all ? Also, we need to get deeper kick offs no matter who has the job.
                DT- we need one bad, Sam or otherwise. That middle needs to be plugged.
                Kick/Punt returning- 2nd to last in AFC in kickoff/Punt retuns with a 19.8 avg and 1 TD.
                Running backs- Travis had 1438 yards rushing in 2002. Out team total for 2002 was 1596. Same as QB, heaven help us without Henry.

Overall stuff

Turnovers- We were better than only Cincinnati in the whole AFC in turnover ratio with a -12. We had 19 take aways and gave it up 31 times.

Penaltys- we were second only (AFC) to the Raiders in penalty yardage, and 3rd in the number of Peanltys with 112. Penaltys were what had me screaming at the TV more than anything last year.

Sacks- we had 31 and gave up 54. This should hopefuly be almost fixed on defense, what about the O line ?

Now, I think they are doing a fantastic job this offseson I just think that the SB is still out of reach at this point.
                Last edited by Billz_fan; 03-10-2003, 09:10 PM.
                The Polian Curse

"They're a very special group of men. Cherish them, you will not see their like again."

February 4, 1993 Bill Polian at his closing press conferance after being dismissed as GM of the Buffalo Bills by Ralph Wilson.

Comment

• lunatic_bills_fan
                  • Oct 2002

Well BF, Im not sure exactly what you think the team needs to be a SB contender ( ie posiitons and names). I think all the tools are in place (assuming a DT signing) to be successful, once you are in the playoffs though, anything can happen.

Comment

• McD
                    • Jan 2003

I'll say it again, Bills in '04. There's just not enough here....yet!

McD
                    22 year AF vet and "still" counting

Comment

• BFBills
                      • Oct 2002

we need adems...and eb...lighten up!!
                      "BillsZone.com some of the most uhhhh....some of the smartest football talkers I've ever ever talked to"...Voltron...

Comment

• venis2k1
                        Youboty can hope
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Billz_fan
                        Running backs- Travis had 1438 yards rushing in 2002. Out team total for 2002 was 1596. Same as QB, heaven help us without Henry.
                        Henry is a good back, but i think that the Offensive line dosen't get enough credit for his success. We have what may be the best run blocking Offensive Line in the NFL right now(their pass blocking still needs work) I think Moe Williams could be a 1500 yard back if given a chance behind our O-line. Our five starters on the O-line weigh 1606 LBS!!!! and our running game is only gonna get better with the addition of TE Mark Campbell.

Comment

• Jeff1220
                          H to the 12:20
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by venis2k1

Henry is a good back, but i think that the Offensive line dosen't get enough credit for his success. We have what may be the best run blocking Offensive Line in the NFL right now(their pass blocking still needs work) I think Moe Williams could be a 1500 yard back if given a chance behind our O-line. Our five starters on the O-line weigh 1606 LBS!!!! and our running game is only gonna get better with the addition of TE Mark Campbell.
                          I completely disagree. Not that the O-line isn't leaps and bounds better than the 3-13 season, but did you watch Henry run? The guy was always breaking several tackles, sometimes several in the backfield, and fighting for positive yardage (and beyond). Henry is a strong RB that is a tackle-breaker. That is a special gift in this sport. He is a workhorse back and I hope he stays healthy and in the games as much as possible. That will only help the Bills. Now to take care of that fumbling problem...

Comment

• venis2k1
                            Youboty can hope
                            • Jul 2002

Im not saying Travis isnt a good, even a great back. But If he had a good run blocking FB in front of him, he could be a real Pro Bowler.(not a replacment pro bowler)IMO

Comment

• BFBills
                              • Oct 2002

gash maybe?

Comment

Working...
                              X