• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BILLSROCK1212
    !?!?!?!?!?
    • Mar 2006

Joe Staley climbing up draft boards faster than anyone in the draft

April 2nd, 2007
    • Everyone knew that Central Michigan offensive tackle Joe Staley's stock was going to soar after his workout (he ran a 4.82 at 6-5 and 304 lbs.) but I don't think anyone saw this coming.

Not only does Staley appear to be a lock for the 1st round there is even talk of him cracking the Top 10 overall! In the end I don't see that happening and even though I really like him as a prospect that would be a pretty big reach in my opinion. The thing to watch out for though is how high Levi Brown goes because if Arizona at #5 or Atlanta at #8 takes him then a team like Miami at #9 or Houston at #10 could very well pull the trigger on him because if you don't get one of the "Big 3" (Joe Thomas, Brown and Staley) there is a very good chance you won't get a starting caliber offensive tackle in this draft. Even if he doesn't go Top 10 there are still plenty of potential landing spots for Staley in round one, including Carolina (#14), the Giants (#20), Denver (#21), Dallas (#22), Kansas City (#23), Baltimore (#29) and Chicago (#32). You can't rule out some team trading up for him either. Needless to say Joe Staley is one of the hottest names in the draft right now and it looks like he may go much higher than most think on D-Day.

If Joe Staley were to go in the top 10 that could really help our chances of getting Patrick Willis and AP....I watched Joe Staley plenty in college and no one gets past him. If you get passed him it isn't because you over powered him. If we hadn't picked up Walker and had not liked Butler and Pennington I would love for us to take him.
  • Don't Panic
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Dec 2005

Re: Joe Staley climbing up draft boards faster than anyone in the draft

The draft is full of surprises, but this would be pretty big... I could see him late 1st though.

Comment

• patmoran2006
      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
      • Dec 2005

The BEST scenario for Buffalo ever would be.

Detroit took Thomas at 2

Between Arizona (5), Miami (9) and Houston (10)- levi brown and staley went off the board.

That would increase the chances that Willis slipped.. However, SF is almost certain to take a LB. Perhaps only Okoye (dt) or Jamal Anderson (DE) being on the board may sway them to not draft Willis.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• bflojohn
        • Aug 2005

There are needy teams with OLT concerns. Baltimore might not have Ogden much longer, as an example, and the Arizona Cardinals simply don't have one!! Tony Ugoh from Arkansas is the other possib;e 1st rounder, and this position, IMO will be a "run" position in the draft. Once Thomas and Brown are off the board, some team will start the dominos falling.... it happens EVERY YEAR! Other "panic" positions that I see are TE and Safety!

Comment

Working...
        X