PDA

View Full Version : Hopefully none of you have Charter Cable....

Michael82
04-03-2007, 11:13 AM
Your cable operator, Charter, is threatening to take away VERSUS. Take action to save VERSUS - the only cable network celebrating competition in all its forms.

The network provides an anytime destination for people to satisfy their primal need for competition with in-depth coverage of exclusive live events and original programming including:

Exclusive coverage of the NHL playoffs, including the Eastern and Western Conference Finals and the first two games of the Stanley Cup Finals.

http://www.keepversus.viewerlink.tv/

SpillerThrills
04-03-2007, 11:39 AM
I heard about that yesterday, and emailed Charter right away..... I'll switch to satelite if I have to so that way I can keep VS..... gotta have it for the playoffs!

Michael82
04-03-2007, 11:44 AM
I heard about that yesterday, and emailed Charter right away..... I'll switch to satelite if I have to so that way I can keep VS..... gotta have it for the playoffs!
Don't these greedy cable companies realize that they are losing out big time in the war against the satellite companies and gotta stop ****ing over their customers or there won't be anymore customers? :shakeno:

RockStar36
04-03-2007, 11:48 AM
Right before Adelphia became TW in my area they bumped Versus from digital cable/special station to a regular on extended basic. It was a smart move. TW kept it that way too. I was very surprised.

Michael82
04-03-2007, 11:50 AM
Right before Adelphia became TW in my area they bumped Versus from digital cable/special station to a regular on extended basic. It was a smart move. TW kept it that way too. I was very surprised.
They kept it that way because Versus in on their extended basic in Rochester too. :up:

OpIv37
04-03-2007, 11:50 AM
Even Dish has these issues from time to time.

I've had DirecTV for 4 years and I've never been at risk of losing a channel.

VS is a must for the playoffs but their regular season NHL coverage sucks. They show about 4 games a week.

BAM
04-03-2007, 11:54 AM
Only channel I've ever lost w/ Comcast was INHD2 about a month ago.

Versus HD rules at this time of the year. Actually it was OLN last year.

Sabres-Penguins tonight (unfortunately I have class until 8:30). Tons of playoff games. Can't wait! Hockey looks so much better in HD.

The Sabres-Flyers game is on NBC this weekend as well. :naughty:

Michael82
04-03-2007, 11:55 AM
Even Dish has these issues from time to time.

I've had DirecTV for 4 years and I've never been at risk of losing a channel.

VS is a must for the playoffs but their regular season NHL coverage sucks. They show about 4 games a week.
Good point. God Bless MSG because they show every Sabres game and their coverage is 1000x better than Versus.

hammerbillsfan
04-03-2007, 11:56 AM
Charter cable sucks donkey dick.

SpillerThrills
04-03-2007, 12:01 PM
Good point. God Bless MSG because they show every Sabres game and their coverage is 1000x better than Versus.

now where I am, I get MSG and all the Sabres games..... the problem is, if charter cancels VS I think I'm gonna miss out on the playoffs..... unless MSG is gonna carry them still.

SpillerThrills
04-03-2007, 12:02 PM
Charter cable sucks donkey dick.

who sucks donkey dick??? Charter sucks donkey dick!!!

Michael82
04-03-2007, 12:06 PM
now where I am, I get MSG and all the Sabres games..... the problem is, if charter cancels VS I think I'm gonna miss out on the playoffs..... unless MSG is gonna carry them still.
I've heard that MSG will cover at least the first round or two, but I'm not sure.

RockStar36
04-03-2007, 12:47 PM
MSG will probably cover the games that aren't on national tv. I'm pretty sure that is how it was last year.

So basically, the Sabres will be on MSG the nights the Penguins play.

SabreEleven
04-03-2007, 01:47 PM
Are all games on VS. in HD?

BAM
04-03-2007, 03:10 PM
Are all games on VS. in HD?
If you have the HD channel, sure.

http://www.versus.com/nw/article/view/27854/?tf=nwArticle.tpl

OpIv37
04-03-2007, 03:13 PM
d'oh. DirecTV doesn't have the HD channel for Versus- it shows the HD games on 95, assuming it doesn't get pre-empted by basketball (which it usually does) :fit:.

SpillerThrills
04-03-2007, 09:33 PM
Per the bottom of the screen during the Sabres/Pens game, VS and Charter have reached a principal deal and we will not lose service!!!!!:dance: :dance: :dance: