PDA

View Full Version : So what happened to Chris Brown?

RedEyE
04-03-2007, 01:10 PM
Early last week his agent was quoted saying that a deal would be done this week with either Tenn. or Buffalo. A week later it looks like neither team is showing interest. I'm won't be disappointed if Buffalo doesn't snag him, but what I was pulling for was for the Titans to work a deal out with him. I guess the Titans don't think he's worth the money.

Which brings me to another question: Why then would Tenn. be interested in Turner?

They had an opportunity to seal up either Henry or Brown and have passed on both (seemingly). Yet, they're willing to invest 2, 1st day picks in Turner? Something doesn't add up. He's not going to come any cheaper then the other two (if they can even work out a long term deal), and on top of that they're going to have to give up draft picks to get him. A long term deal would be detrimental to the trade agreement.

I don't think the Titans are going to end up with turner at all. I think they sign Dillon this week and run a 1-2 with White.

thoughts?

Night Train
04-03-2007, 01:19 PM
They took a leap of faith on L. White, after he showed up at last years combine out of shape. Now he shows up again weighing over 260 lbs. and realize they may have made a huge blunder in letting Henry walk, let alone wasting a 2nd round pick on White.

Brown is still seen as nothing more than an Insurance policy by Tenny and probably has the same status with Buffalo. Yet his agent thinks he's worth more and is choking on humble pie.

Someone will get him cheap.

RedEyE
04-03-2007, 01:26 PM
This could work out to Buffalo's benefit. While Tennesee is rushing around desperatly to fill a void at any cost, Buffalo sits back and waits for the second set of picks.

If the Titans do grab Turner, it will be for a high price. That leaves Dillon, and Brown swaying in the wind. The Bills are reportedly not interested in Dillon(nor is he interested in Buffalo). The Bills throwing a low ball number to Brown seems likely then.

If the Titans decide to use Dillon and White. That only means Buffalo has even more options. Turner's price may even drop drastically draft day with one less competitor out of the way. And if that doesn't work out then Brown is still there waiting for a deal.

HHURRICANE
04-03-2007, 01:43 PM
Marv would be smart to stay clear of the frenzy. I think by doing very little we are better off. Something will fall our way.

Michael82
04-03-2007, 01:45 PM
If the Titans decide to use Dillon and White. That only means Buffalo has even more options. Turner's price may even drop drastically draft day with one less competitor out of the way. And if that doesn't work out then Brown is still there waiting for a deal.

This is exactly what I see happening and it's why I'd stick with offering the 2nd rounder to San Diego for a while, and maybe toss in a conditional pick for him.

Tinboy
04-03-2007, 01:53 PM
Turner och Brown? I say Brown, because IF we draft a RB he will be more happy to play backup than Turner (that's right, I'm too high on Turner).

gr8slayer
04-03-2007, 02:09 PM
I don't know about you all but I won't lose any sleep if we don't land Chris Brown.

Ed
04-03-2007, 04:50 PM
I think Chris Brown's situation all depends on what happens with Turner. I don't think there's much chance of Turner remaining a Charger for this season, so now it's just a matter of where he lands. I think Chris Brown will be the consolation prize to whoever doesn't land Turner. There's no rush for any team to sign Brown. Must be kind of a kick in the nuts for him, but that's business. Maybe if we do end up with him he'll have a huge chip on his shoulder and have a career year. He's got the talent, just too many injury concerns.

BILLSROCK1212
04-03-2007, 05:08 PM
I think Chris Brown's situation all depends on what happens with Turner. I don't think there's much chance of Turner remaining a Charger for this season, so now it's just a matter of where he lands. I think Chris Brown will be the consolation prize to whoever doesn't land Turner. There's no rush for any team to sign Brown. Must be kind of a kick in the nuts for him, but that's business. Maybe if we do end up with him he'll have a huge chip on his shoulder and have a career year. He's got the talent, just too many injury concerns.well if the Titans got Dillon and say we got Turner then Brown's next option is Indy i guess although he has been talking to Detroit but they are stacked at RB

MVP
04-03-2007, 09:35 PM
what happened to Chris Brown?
he got hurt!