PDA

View Full Version : #12 pick.. I need your input on this

patmoran2006
04-03-2007, 02:34 PM
Im asking this partially because Im just curious to the responses, and partially cause I am busting my brain working on a published mock draft.

But under this scenario, and PLEASE stick to the scenario.
Patrick Willis is gone at 12. So are all of the players were expected to go before we pick. No surprising "OMG" this guy slipped theories..

AND. marv Levy does NOT trade down.

WHich of the following would you draft, and a quick explanation why.
A) Marshawn Lynch
B) Paul Posluszny
C) Greg Olsen
D) Robert Meacham
E) Leon Hall.

*Note** You dont have to bother with long explantions about what you'd do with each round of the draft, for research reasons, IM looking for everyone's pick and why with what you do under THOSE CIRCUMSTANCES AT #12 only..
THanks.

Dr. Lecter
04-03-2007, 02:38 PM
Im asking this partially because Im just curious to the responses, and partially cause I am busting my brain working on a published mock draft.

Since you asked, I'll be nice.

Assuming Turner is not brought in, I would go with Lynch. Mainly because a "2nd tier" LB can be drafted later on (i.e. Siler). RB/LB are concerns 1A/1B (in either order). WR and TE are much farther down the list, imo.

Tinboy
04-03-2007, 02:40 PM
Not trading down?

Lynch, he has the tools too be a really good running all around RB and that's something we really need. And I think the "character issues" can be resolved if he comes to a great team, like the Bills

Tatonka
04-03-2007, 02:41 PM
i would pull a minnesota and not turn in a card.

or take lynch.

patmoran2006
04-03-2007, 02:42 PM
If we dont trade down. By my own personal mock rankings, I got OLB Rufus Alexander or ILB David Harris as the best LB's on the board when Buffalo picks again @ 43.

I got Pos, Beason, Timmons and Siler all gone before the end of round 1, as you'll see tommorow.

Earthquake Enyart
04-03-2007, 02:47 PM
Leon Hall is the best player in that group. Seriously.

Jan Reimers
04-03-2007, 02:49 PM
Lynch. Our biggest needs are at RB and LB. With Willis - by far the best LB in the draft - gone, the logical choice is Lynch. We can then get one of a number of good LBs with our 2nd round pick.

Mudflap1
04-03-2007, 02:53 PM
Probably Lynch. But you have to also put the caveat in there that there is no deal for Turner or Briggs (which would probably include #12 anyway, but who knows).

Jon

jamesiscool
04-03-2007, 02:54 PM
Lynch. Our biggest needs are at RB and LB. With Willis - by far the best LB in the draft - gone, the logical choice is Lynch. We can then get one of a number of good LBs with our 2nd round pick.

i agree as well.12 is rigth around where lynch should be drafted and rightly so.

he would fill an immediate need and would fill it quite nicely.

jdbillsfan
04-03-2007, 03:18 PM
Unfortunately I am going to say Leon Hall. I used to be a big Lynch fan and it would fill the biggest hole, I just don't think he is a good fit for Buffalo. He's a Cal boy.

Leon Hall is the highest rated out of those players. Leon, Ashton, Ko and Donte would hopefully give us a stacked secondary for years to come.

Ed
04-03-2007, 03:30 PM
With Willis gone, I think Lynch represents the best value at one of our biggest needs (LB, RB).

No point in using the #12 on a LB if Willis is gone.

alohabillsfan
04-03-2007, 03:31 PM
Leon Hall! RB will be fixed prior to the draft!

P.S. Side note we will trade down and get an extra pick to recoup what we used to get Turner!:bandwagon

casdhf
04-03-2007, 03:32 PM
Leon Hall is the best player in that group. Seriously.

I agree. He's got the most value of any of the players mentioned. Any of the other 4 guys I think we could trade up into the bottom of the first, like last season, and still land.

Devin
04-03-2007, 03:38 PM
Im gonna say Meachum. Id be happy with anyone here, Hall and Poz are both good choices. I feel strongly next year is the year to go RB draft wise so I went with a strong presence opposite Evans. Not to mention i think Lynch is over-rated.

If Evans leaves next year we will need a #1 guy anyway, and if it JP continues to improve I dont know if Ralph is gonna drop 50 mil on both he and Evans. And lets face it Schaub getting 48 mil and Andre Johnson getting his monster deal theres a better chance then not we lose one of these guys. If JP keeps improving no way we dump the franchise QB.

Meachum.

patmoran2006
04-03-2007, 03:44 PM
Im gonna say Meachum. Id be happy with anyone here, Hall and Poz are both good choices. I feel strongly next year is the year to go RB draft wise so I went with a strong presence opposite Evans. Not to mention i think Lynch is over-rated.

If Evans leaves next year we will need a #1 guy anyway, and if it JP continues to improve I dont know if Ralph is gonna drop 50 mil on both he and Evans. And lets face it Schaub getting 48 mil and Andre Johnson getting his monster deal theres a better chance then not we lose one of these guys. If JP keeps improving no way we dump the franchise QB.

Meachum.
If Wilson lets Evans leave.. He can take his Bills and join him.. he'll be lucky to have that stadiu8m 33% full if he starts letting guys like Evans or Losman walk.

PS- I like meacham too

Ed
04-03-2007, 03:47 PM

Meachum.
I don't see us losing Evans. He's not even a UFA next year, but you make a good point about WR. I still like Peerless, but he may not be the answer at #2. I like Reed and Roscoe too, but neither of them can really be that strong presence on the other side.

Since it typically takes longer to develop a WR, maybe it would be smarter to go WR in round 1 this year and wait until next year to grab our RB of the future.

Even though LB is a bigger need, if Willis is gone, I think I'd rather go WR at #12.

Jan Reimers
04-03-2007, 03:48 PM
If we dont trade down. By my own personal mock rankings, I got OLB Rufus Alexander or ILB David Harris as the best LB's on the board when Buffalo picks again @ 43.

I got Pos, Beason, Timmons and Siler all gone before the end of round 1, as you'll see tommorow.
As a 1st rounder, Pos is a pos. I don't think he is going to be that good.

patmoran2006
04-03-2007, 03:49 PM
As a 1st rounder, Pos is a pos. I don't think he is going to be that good.
Me neither.. He'll be decent, he wont be a scrub..

But you dont draft decent players at 12.. You draft difference makers

Devin
04-03-2007, 03:49 PM
If Wilson lets Evans leave.. He can take his Bills and join him.. he'll be lucky to have that stadiu8m 33% full if he starts letting guys like Evans or Losman walk.

PS- I like meacham too

I just cant see Ralph tying up 150-200mil in 3-4 guys. (Losman, Evans, Dockery, Walker, whoever we draft....etc) And thats just on offense.

Evans is able to void 2008 I believe. I think he signed a 5 or a 6 year deal with the last year voidable. Maybe its 09 thats voidable?

Ickybaluky
04-03-2007, 03:53 PM
Evans is able to void 2008 I believe. I think he signed a 5 or a 6 year deal with the last year voidable. Maybe its 09 thats voidable?

Yes, it is 2009 that can be voided.

Devin
04-03-2007, 03:53 PM
Losman Comes To Terms: J.P. Losman has agreed to a five year deal, according to ESPN.com. The deal is reportedly with a base value of $7.7 Million with over $5.5 Million of that guaranteed. He gets an initial signing bonus and their are two option bonuses. With incentives the contract may be worth over $24 Million. The deal is much bigger than the one signed by Rex Grossman last year, with the same pick in the draft.

http://www.billsdaily.com/news/archives/2004/jul4.shtml

<TABLE borderColor=#c0c0c0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=1><TBODY><TR><TD width="4%" bgColor=#ffffff height=17>
</TD><TD width="9%" bgColor=#ffffff height=17>
Bills
</TD><TD width="20%" bgColor=#ffffff height=17>
WR Lee Evans
</TD><TD width="10%" bgColor=#ffffff height=17>
July 31
</TD><TD width="57%" bgColor=#ffffff height=17>
6 years (voidable to 5), up to $17.3 million ($7.47 million in bonuses)
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/Features/NFL+Features/2006/signingchart04.htm

Devin
04-03-2007, 03:54 PM
Yes, it is 2009 that can be voided.

patmoran2006
04-03-2007, 03:54 PM
I dunno..

Im just telling ya if Wilson doesnt keep Evans he may as well sell the team cause that stadium will be half empty

patmoran2006
04-03-2007, 03:55 PM
so he can be a FA after 2008, right?

Devin
04-03-2007, 03:59 PM
so he can be a FA after 2008, right?

Yes. And the price tag only gets more expensive each year.

Marv better get on the stick and lock one of these boys up.

Ed
04-03-2007, 04:01 PM
I dunno..

Im just telling ya if Wilson doesnt keep Evans he may as well sell the team cause that stadium will be half empty
Agreed. If you're the Bills, there's just certain players you can't let go. Lee Evans in his prime is one of them.

Talent, excitement, character, work ethic, chemistry...He's the real deal. He is the EXACT type of player Ralph, Marv and Dick should want on this team.

EDS
04-03-2007, 04:02 PM
I just cant see Ralph tying up 150-200mil in 3-4 guys. (Losman, Evans, Dockery, Walker, whoever we draft....etc) And thats just on offense.

If signing a clown like Walker prevents the Bills from retaining Evans then Marv and Co. need to be put out to pasture.

EDS
04-03-2007, 04:04 PM
I would take Lynch in this scenario, but I would not be happy about it.

Devin
04-03-2007, 04:04 PM
I bet at least one of JP's option bonuses are FAT.

acehole
04-03-2007, 09:45 PM
Leon Hall is the best player available. I guess that would be my pick there. Our secondary would be set for 5 years.
My Pick would be one of the 2 DT left if there were any....

But under this scenario, and PLEASE stick to the scenario.
Patrick Willis is gone at 12. So are all of the players were expected to go before we pick. No surprising "OMG" this guy slipped theories..

AND. marv Levy does NOT trade down.

WHich of the following would you draft, and a quick explanation why.
A) Marshawn Lynch
B) Paul Posluszny
C) Greg Olsen
D) Robert Meacham
E) Leon Hall.

*Note** You dont have to bother with long explantions about what you'd do with each round of the draft, for research reasons, IM looking for everyone's pick and why with what you do under THOSE CIRCUMSTANCES AT #12 only..
THanks.

Don't Panic
04-04-2007, 07:16 AM
If Willis is gone, I would trade the pick. Sorry pat, I have nothing for you.

YardRat
04-04-2007, 07:50 AM
I think RB is out...somebody else at that position is going to added through FA, IMO, and whether it's Turner, Brown, or someone else remains to be seen.

I wouldn't like it, but I'd have to say the team either 'reaches' for Poz, or goes corner (but it won't be Hall).

BigGabes23
04-04-2007, 08:02 AM
I would take Lynch... I think he is a good value at 12...

TigerJ
04-04-2007, 08:18 AM
If Michael Turner is not a Bill, Michael Turner. He's not a super value at #12, but depending on who you ask, he's not a huge reach either, and he fills a critical need. Pos is a reach and everyone else on your list is a luxury pick, guys that the Bills could use, but the don't fill an accute need.

Mr. Pink
04-04-2007, 09:09 AM
With the players you have listed here the Buffalo Bills will select Greg Olsen.
Here's why...

A. He's a TE therefor he isn't going to garner the same type money as a RB, WR, CB.

B. Fills a huge void. Royal looks lost. Everett is a colossal failure. And who cares what other TEs we have on this offense.

C. A good TE with pass catching skills is a HUGE asset to any teams offense. Ask SD with Gates, KC with TG, Cleveland with KII. It would help further a young JPs progression and development.

D. Lets rule out the other folks from being drafted and why....Hall, we've all already established that a shutdown type corner is not necessary in a Cover 2 and when you draft a corner this high, he better be a shutdown corner. Which Hall isn't anyways. Meachem, we already have a number 1 WR that should never ever end up in a different teams' uni. Drafting a WR this high means you're drafting a guy you're preparing to be a number 1. Lynch, character issues will play a huge role as will the type of money he'll command. Poz, not projected to fit into the cover 2.

That leaves one option and one option only out of the 5 guys listed. Greg Olsen. And as much as people will groan me for this or not like it right now, come November you'll love the selection.