PDA

View Full Version : Guess what Schefter and Wilcotts just said....

BILLSROCK1212
04-03-2007, 04:34 PM
i was listening to nfl on sirius this afternoon and someone was asking about the jets in regards to the pats and wilcotts said they are a solid team with 8 to 10 win potential. he said the pats were still the class of the east . he then said," but you better watch out for buffalo" ,after how they finished last year and the good things they are doing this year you better watch out for buffalo,and he liked what we are doing. adam scheid who was doing the show with him agreed wholehartedly. believe it or not!

http://boards.buffalobills.com/forums/thread/1608506.aspx

interesting....i didnt hear this but i wonder what makes these two guy ou of all media members say this....now i didnt hear this i got this from the BB.com message board so if anyone can clarify that they said this that would be great

RedEyE
04-03-2007, 04:36 PM
I heard it and that was pretty much it verbatum. He was only projecting his opinion.

ddaryl
04-03-2007, 04:41 PM
I betcha enough Bills fans voiced their opinions so they gave a couple of other guys the job of playing the pro-Buffalo card while the others continue to toot the anti-Buffalo card.

it's a great way to cover all listener bases. ALthoug it is good to hear some hype about the Bills.

gr8slayer
04-03-2007, 04:48 PM
At this point in the off-season everyone's a contender.

Carlton Bailey
04-03-2007, 05:02 PM
Adam Schein has praised the Bills at every turn this offseason. I recently saw him on a New York-based sports channel, SNY, and he was saying how much the Bills have improved by bringing in Dockery and letting dead weight like McGahee go. He also says we're the frontrunner for P. Willis, with Spikes and Fletch gone.

BILLSROCK1212
04-03-2007, 05:05 PM
Adam Schein has praised the Bills at every turn this offseason. I recently saw him on a New York-based sports channel, SNY, and he was saying how much the Bills have improved by bringing in Dockery and letting dead weight like McGahee go. He also says we're the frontrunner for P. Willis, with Spikes and Fletch gone.nice! i wish i would've caught that

ublinkwescore
04-03-2007, 09:35 PM
Yeah, yesterday at work, all I was hearing from a stupid bears fan and a slightly less stupid cowboys fan was that "ESPN's experts are saying Buffalo's gonna be tied for last with the Dolphins in the East next year".

then I said "Yeah, how often is ESPN right? Weren't these the same guys who were calling Whitner a reach - the same DB drafted right after Michael Huff who outperformed Michael Huff" etc...

his only rebuttal was "these guys are professionals for a reason"...

I was just there like "please, watch and see - I can't wait til we get to play the cowboys".

jamze132
04-04-2007, 04:06 AM
Anyone who knows anything about Buffalo knows that we got rid of a lot of dead weight and players on the decline. Yes we lost a great Cb but in our system, we don't necessarily need pro bowl type CB. We just need servicability. We can have that. With Fletcherk sure he was a great tackler, but he had a hard time attacking, shedding blocks, and chasing down the ball carrier on the other side of the line of scrimage. TKO, well, I think he he is going to have a decent season next year wherever he played but I think Ellison can match his game day production. McGahee? Just about anyone can get 990 yds in today's game. Addition by subtraction there.

IMO, I don't think we have regressed much if at all. Our offense will be better due to the FA signings on the O-line and won't be hard to find a RB to average 3.8 YPC to match the production from last year. So we are definetly better on offense, and throw in the experience factor for JP and Lee, and you have the makings of a dangerous offense.

I just don't see how we will have anything less than the same record as last year, and I won't be suprised at all if we go 9-7.

PromoTheRobot
04-04-2007, 11:02 AM
I thought you were going to say that Adam announced he was pregnant with Solomon's child.

PTR

PIZ
04-04-2007, 11:20 AM
I just might watch the NFL Network for their draft coverage over ESPN this year.

Saratoga Slim
04-04-2007, 11:30 AM
The Afternoon Blitz is my favorite national football show.

Ever notice how often Jim Miller (who works it with Schein when Wilcots isn't there) says "thats what it amounts to?" If you haven't, listen. He says it like every four sentances. Cracks me up.

bflojohn
04-04-2007, 11:47 AM
Saratoga Slim, you are right sir!! Jim Miller cannot contain himself when it comes to that personal "catch" phrase. Unbelieveable!! Gil Brandt on Sirius NFL Radio also chimed in about how he believes in what Marv is doing and his quote went something like this.... "Marv doesn't get beat off the tee very often!"