PDA

View Full Version : Turner Visiting Buffalo Today

ScottLawrence
04-03-2007, 09:18 PM
Restricted free agent Michael Turner will visit Buffalo on Wednesday.
Buffalo would seem an even better fit for Turner than the Titans, who already have a back with similar skills in LenDale White. If the Bills get Turner under contract, they could use their first-round pick on a defender.
Source: Nashville City Paper

camelcowboy
04-03-2007, 09:20 PM
Buffalo would seem an even better fit for Turner than the Titans, who already have a back with similar skills in LenDale White. If the Bills get Turner under contract, they could use their first-round pick on a defender.
Source: Nashville City Papercan we get a link, im about to piss myself. I smell spam

RedEyE
04-03-2007, 09:21 PM
I need the link. Lately it's been one untrustworthy report after another.

Nighthawk
04-03-2007, 09:23 PM
It says that he visited Buffalo today...

http://www.nashvillecitypaper.com/index.cfm?section=33&screen=news&news_id=55481

RedEyE
04-03-2007, 09:24 PM
HERE IT IS:

http://www.nashvillecitypaper.com/index.cfm?section=33&screen=news&news_id=55481

Ickybaluky
04-03-2007, 09:24 PM
It is true. He will visit Buffalo on Wednesday, per his agent.

Here is what it says (http://www.nashvillecitypaper.com/index.cfm?section=33&screen=news&news_id=55481):

The Tennessee Titans have entered preliminary negotiations with restricted free agent running back Michael Turner and have discussed compensation with the San Diego Chargers.

Turner, tendered at a first and third-round compensation level, visited Nashville on Monday. Turner took a physical, met Titans coaches and watched film on the visit.

“We have had some discussions with his agent about a contract, and we have discussed with the Chargers what they would consider to be proper compensation,” Titans general manager Mike Reinfeldt said. “We’ve had discussions, but nothing is imminent.”

Asked if progress had been made, Reinfeldt replied, “I think anytime you’re talking, that’s a sign of progress. It’s when the talking stops that you don’t have progress.”

Cook declined to talk about any specifics of his negotiations with the Titans, but added that Tennessee will have some competition as it pursues the backup to LaDainian Tomlinson.

“He has a visit scheduled to Buffalo [today],” Cook said of Turner, who rushed for 502 yards a year ago.

Meanwhile, Corey Dillon’s visit that was apparently set for today has been postponed. The two sides could not work out the logistics of the visit yet, and will likely push it back to later this week or the first of next week, according to Reinfeldt.

RedEyE
04-03-2007, 09:25 PM
It also says that the Titans are negotiating numbers with Turner already. It looks like it may be up to San Diego as to what they feel would be adequate compensation.

Nighthawk
04-03-2007, 09:25 PM
I personally think it is posturing from the agent's side. He's trying to get as much as possible for his client and I have heard nothing about him being in the Buffalo area.

Lexwhat
04-03-2007, 09:26 PM

We have had some discussions with his agent about a contract, and we have discussed with the Chargers what they would consider to be proper compensation,” Titans general manager Mike Reinfeldt said. “We’ve had discussions, but nothing is imminent.”

Asked if progress had been made, Reinfeldt replied, “I think anytime you’re talking, that’s a sign of progress. It’s when the talking stops that you don’t have progress.”

Cook declined to talk about any specifics of his negotiations with the Titans, but added that Tennessee will have some competition as it pursues the backup to LaDainian Tomlinson.

“He has a visit scheduled to Buffalo [today],” Cook said of Turner, who rushed for 502 yards a year ago.

Nighthawk
It is true. He will visit Buffalo on Wednesday, per his agent.

http://www.nashvillecitypaper.com/index.cfm?section=33&screen=news&news_id=55481Here is what it says:

How do you get that he will visit Buffalo on Wednesday when it states today in the article?

camelcowboy
:up:

RedEyE
Buffalo will have to really sweeten the deal with San Diego to pull past Tenn.

Lexwhat
Dang...that was quick!

Nighthawk
04-03-2007, 09:27 PM
Let's not get too excited because if he truly was in Buffalo today, don't you think somebody would have heard about it?

THATHURMANATOR
04-03-2007, 09:27 PM
If Tennessee signs Dillon the Bills get the power in the negotiations as there will no longer be a bidding war.

Ickybaluky
04-03-2007, 09:30 PM
How do you get that he will visit Buffalo on Wednesday when it states today in the article?

It doesn't say today, it says [today]. The paper inserts brackets around the quote to put it in it's proper context, but he actually used different wording. The article is online faster than it is printed, but is being published for Wednesday. Cook probably said tomorrow, but when it is published it will be today. Thus, they use the brackets to have it make sense when published.

RedEyE
04-03-2007, 09:30 PM
Regardless, we should have our answer by the end of this week.

Lexwhat
04-03-2007, 09:31 PM
Let's not get too excited because if he truly was in Buffalo today, don't you think somebody would have heard about it?

The way the article is written, the scheduled visit could be for tomorrow. Myabe the author miswrote it and meant Wednesday.

Either way, if Turner's agent says a visit with Buffalo is scheduled, thats pretty significant news...

gr8slayer
04-03-2007, 09:31 PM
can we get a link, im about to piss myself. I smell spam

You can trust me :up:

Nighthawk
04-03-2007, 09:32 PM
It doesn't say today, it says [today]. The paper inserts brackets around the quote to put it in it's proper context, but he actually used different wording. The article is online faster than it is printed, but is being published for Wednesday. Cook probably said tomorrow, but when it is published it will be today. Thus, they use the brackets to have it make sense when published.

I understand that, but look at the date of publication...it is today. They would not put it online with the [today] if it meant tomorrow.

BILLSROCK1212
04-03-2007, 09:32 PM
It doesn't say today, it says [today]. The paper inserts brackets around the quote to put it in it's proper context, but he actually used different wording. The article is online faster than it is printed, but is being published for Wednesday. Cook probably said tomorrow, but when it is published it will be today. Thus, they use the brackets to have it make sense when published.NE39 is correct....people have even gotten the same thing sent to their phones saying it will be tomorrow

RedEyE
04-03-2007, 09:34 PM
IMO, if Buffalo can make the price fit their budget then they shouldn't let him leave Buffalo without a deal in hand. San Diego approved.

The good news is that AJ Smith still has some ties in Buffalo. The bad news is that AJ Smith didn't leave there on favorable terms.

Nighthawk
04-03-2007, 09:34 PM
The way the article is written, the scheduled visit could be for tomorrow. Myabe the author miswrote it and meant Wednesday.

Either way, if Turner's agent says a visit with Buffalo is scheduled, thats pretty significant news...

Listen, this article was written yesterday when Turner visited and was physically in Tennessee. The agent was probably interviewed yesterday and stated Tuesday, which is today, thus the [today]. I know everybody is excited, but please, don't lose your minds.

Ickybaluky
04-03-2007, 09:35 PM
I understand that, but look at the date of publication...it is today. They would not put it online with the [today] if it meant tomorrow.

The article will appear in the city paper on Wednesday. It is merely being copied online. The brackets mean it isn't the exact word that Cook used, rather the paper inserted it to put the quote in context.

Nighthawk
04-03-2007, 09:35 PM
NE39 is correct....people have even gotten the same thing sent to their phones saying it will be tomorrow

What are you talking about? This Bills have confirmed this?

gr8slayer
04-03-2007, 09:36 PM
Maybe we can snag him like we did Dockery. Don't even give him a chance to go visit anyone else just take him to Denny's and he's ours that same day.

Mudflap1
04-03-2007, 09:41 PM
Pat Moran,

Looks like you'll have to make a trip down to OBD at lunch tomorrow with another sign that says "Billszone wants Michael Turner." If you don't see any activity, feel free to head over to Denny's to see if the boys are there and write down your message on one of their placemats.

Jon

BILLSROCK1212
04-03-2007, 09:42 PM
What are you talking about? This Bills have confirmed this?
people have said they recieved something on their phone on BB.com

jdbillsfan
04-03-2007, 09:43 PM
IMO, if Buffalo can make the price fit their budget then they shouldn't let him leave Buffalo without a deal in hand. San Diego approved.

The good news is that AJ Smith still has some ties in Buffalo. The bad news is that AJ Smith didn't leave there on favorable terms.

I agree. I think they shouldn't let him leave.

I think in the end, AJ is going to take the better offer whether he hates the bills or not. He isn't going to take the titans 2nd rounder over the bills 2nd rounder, but he may make things easier for the titans than the bills.

Scumbag College
04-03-2007, 09:45 PM
Still, even if the Bills and Turner agree to a contract, what do the Chargers want in return for him? A first for him straight is absolutely, positively out of the question. Do they swap firsts? Turner for a second? Both thirds?

gr8slayer
04-03-2007, 09:46 PM
Still, even if the Bills and Turner agree to a contract, what do the Chargers want in return for him? A first for him straight is absolutely, positively out of the question. Do they swap firsts? Turner for a second? Both thirds?
Probably swap firsts and a conditional third next year. Something of that nature.

Tatonka
04-03-2007, 09:48 PM

your extremely smart. :up:

i didnt know that.

TigerJ
04-03-2007, 09:50 PM
I personally think it is posturing from the agent's side. He's trying to get as much as possible for his client and I have heard nothing about him being in the Buffalo area.

Of course. That's what agents do. However, Buffalo obviously has interest. Both Turner's agent and the San Diego Chargers would love nothing better than for Buffalo and the Titans to get in a bidding war. In the end, the Titans and Bills will give their best pitch and hope that both the Chargers and Turner's agent like it enough to bite on it. Then the winning team will have to hope it didn't overbid. The loser will have their pick of Chris Brown and Corey Dillon and a relatively cheap price.

BILLSROCK1212
04-03-2007, 09:50 PM
I agree. I think they shouldn't let him leave.

I think in the end, AJ is going to take the better offer whether he hates the bills or not. He isn't going to take the titans 2nd rounder over the bills 2nd rounder, but he may make things easier for the titans than the bills.whatever the Titans can offer the Bills can do better so AJ will make sure that we won't make an offer to match the Titans

Tatonka
04-03-2007, 09:52 PM
i am more excited about this news than anything so far this offseason.

:pray:

please marv make this happen. if nothing else this offseason, please make this happen!!!!!

MVP
04-03-2007, 09:53 PM
i don't care if we even take hall at 12, as long as we can get turner in a bills uni.

Michael82
04-03-2007, 10:15 PM
Come on Marv.....get er done! :pray:

Dr. Lecter
04-03-2007, 10:18 PM
Am I the only person who is not 100% sold on this guy?

No more than a 2nd, imo. He is a career back-up.

Devin
04-03-2007, 10:23 PM
a 2nd and a 3rd this year. Get er' done Marv!

JJamezz
04-03-2007, 10:32 PM

Nope.

ZacGriffi~82
04-03-2007, 10:39 PM
I'm more sold on him then Lynch.

BILLSROCK1212
04-03-2007, 10:41 PM
I'm more sold on him then Lynch.Than not then

JJamezz
04-03-2007, 10:55 PM
I'm more sold on him then Lynch.

If thats in response to my sig, I'm not completely sold on Lynch either. I'm just less sold on Turner for what I think we're going to give up to get him.

Tatonka
04-03-2007, 11:05 PM

No more than a 2nd, imo. He is a career back-up.

am i the only person who is tired of people calling turner a career back up?

he got ****ing drafted by san diego, who happens to have the best running back in the league.. he had a contract.. other than back up LT and play his ****ing balls off EVERY TIME he touched the ball, what else was he supposed to do?

the guy could start on half the teams in the league.. it was just his bad luck that san diego drafted him.

BILLSROCK1212
04-03-2007, 11:07 PM

he got ****ing drafted by san diego, who happens to have the best running back in the league.. he had a contract.. other than back up LT and play his ****ing balls off EVERY TIME he touched the ball, what else was he supposed to do?

the guy could start on half the teams in the league.. it was just his bad luck that san diego drafted him.i am too

priest holmes anyone? thomas jones was for a couple years and then broke out

chester taylor was

there were many more

Devin
04-03-2007, 11:07 PM

the guy could start on half the teams in the league.. it was just his bad luck that san diego drafted him.

:bf1:

Tatonka
04-03-2007, 11:14 PM
i wouldnt even put thomas jones in the same class..

thomas jones was given every opportunity to start in arizona and just sucked.. he kept getting outperformed by every other runningback on the roster.

he didnt show signs of life till he went to tampa.. then all the sudden the light went on..

turner has never had an opportunity to be a starter.. why would he.. lt is the man.

but turner has made the best of every single chance he could.

BILLSROCK1212
04-03-2007, 11:21 PM
i wouldnt even put thomas jones in the same class..

thomas jones was given every opportunity to start in arizona and just sucked.. he kept getting outperformed by every other runningback on the roster.

he didnt show signs of life till he went to tampa.. then all the sudden the light went on..

turner has never had an opportunity to be a starter.. why would he.. lt is the man.

but turner has made the best of every single chance he could.I drafted him in the last round of my fantasy draft when he was in Tampa because I thought he would be a sleeper to bad I was 2 years early

camelcowboy
04-03-2007, 11:32 PM

Im on board with you T, have these people doubting him have probally never seen him play.

Arod3619
04-04-2007, 12:00 AM
Hey guys just to clarify with the paper article, i was just watching nfl live and they said Michael Turner is coming to buffalo on weds. So i guess its the real thing

jamze132
04-04-2007, 03:47 AM
Who gives a **** what day the writer said or meant. If Turner shows up in Buffalo, we will all know as soon as he gets there.

Ickybaluky
04-04-2007, 04:25 AM
From the Nashville Tennessean (http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070404/SPORTS01/704040456/1027):

The Titans clearly have a strong interest in Turner, who's considered one of the NFL's most valuable backups.

Reinfeldt said the Titans had some "general discussions" with Turner's agent, Bus Cook, about a contract. The GM said he's also discussed draft pick compensation with the Chargers.

"I really don't have an indicator of how it is all going to come out," Reinfeldt said.

Turner, who also will visit Buffalo, rushed for 502 yards and two touchdowns last season while playing behind NFL MVP LaDainian Tomlinson.

"We are discussing the possibility of Michael going to the Titans," Chargers GM A.J. Smith told the San Diego Union Tribune on Tuesday night. "Beyond that, I don't really have any more to add on our end."

From the North County Times (http://nctimes.com/articles/2007/04/04/sports/professional/chargers/21_32_454_3_07.txt):

The Chargers and Tennessee Titans have conducted trade talks involving restricted free agent running back Michael Turner, Chargers general manager A.J. Smith confirmed Tuesday night.

Turner visited the Titans on Monday. Titans general manager Mike Reinfeldt told reporters in Tennessee on Tuesday that the Titans have had "general discussions" with both the Chargers and Turner's agent.

"All I'll do is verify that Tennessee is talking to us and we are discussing the possibilities of Michael going to the Titans," Smith said. "Beyond that, I don't have much to say."

The Chargers placed the $2.35 million tender on Turner, meaning any team signing him to an offer sheet would owe the club first- and third-round draft picks if the Chargers didn't match the offer. The more likely scenario would be a trade in which the Titans acquired Turner for a lesser package.

"For right now, it's a one and a three," said Smith, "but I'm flexible."

clumping platelets
04-04-2007, 04:27 AM
:movie:

Nighthawk
04-04-2007, 06:37 AM
Hey, if the Bills get him for a good price, then I'm OK with it. However, I just don't see how he would be worth a 1st round choice. I guess we will have to wait and see.

YardRat
04-04-2007, 06:43 AM
Back-ups aren't worth a first-round pick.

I'd rather underpay for a RB and hope he out-performs the value than over-pay and hope he can live up to it.

If we can get Turner without moving out of the first round, great. If we can't, no thanks.

M
04-04-2007, 07:51 AM
If we do get Turner, don't underestimate Marv. He can be a very shrewd negotiator. Look for we got for MaGahee.

Saratoga Slim
04-04-2007, 08:17 AM
If we do get Turner, don't underestimate Marv. He can be a very shrewd negotiator. Look for we got for MaGahee.

I'm not really worried about it.

I'd rather not trade a 1st straight up for Turner, because I don't want to have to hope that one of the second tier LBs falls to us at #43. But if we do, so be it. To me it would be the same as taking Lynch at #12.

AJ Smith in the quote above said that right now he's looking for a 1st and 3rd, but "I'm flexible." that means he's not getting a 1st and 3rd.

Saratoga Slim
04-04-2007, 08:27 AM
Who gives a **** what day the writer said or meant. If Turner shows up in Buffalo, we will all know as soon as he gets there.

Yeah. what he said.

I don't care what day he visits, just what day he signs.

jmb1099
04-04-2007, 08:27 AM
I think Turner would be a great fit here. For those that say he's a back-up just watch his footage. The guy runs like someone lit his jock strap on fire. He's strong, fast, and has a mean streak. He's an absolute animal and would be great behind out new line. There is a reason his high asking price is drawing attention from multiple teams.

Michael82
04-04-2007, 08:37 AM
From the Nashville Tennessean (http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070404/SPORTS01/704040456/1027):

From the North County Times (http://nctimes.com/articles/2007/04/04/sports/professional/chargers/21_32_454_3_07.txt):
He's flexible now? :shocked: :rofl:

I knew he would cave. There's no way in hell that Michael Turner will be a San Diego Charger in September. He'll be gone, even if it's just for a 2nd rounder.

bigbub2352
04-04-2007, 08:51 AM
i dont think the Bills will give up more than what they received for a starter in Willis McGahee, maybe a 3rd this year and next year, use what we got for Willis, and that way we dont lose our first day picks just the extra 1, there is no way we will give up more then what we got for a starter, we will see, my opinion

Michael82
04-04-2007, 08:56 AM
i dont think the Bills will give up more than what they received for a starter in Willis McGahee, maybe a 3rd this year and next year, use what we got for Willis, and that way we dont lose our first day picks just the extra 1, there is no way we will give up more then what we got for a starter, we will see, my opinion
We got that for an overrated and disgruntled "starter" that costs more. Plus, everyone knew that the "starter" wanted out and we had no choice but to trade him. Turner is worth more. I'd give up my 2nd rounder in a heartbeat and would consider giving up the first rounder because Lynch is no better than Turner and Turner has more experience and is already NFL ready.

ddaryl
04-04-2007, 08:56 AM

I think we would and could spend a little more for a guy like Turner then what we got for Mcgahee but we won't be using our 1st rd pick IMO

Bulldog
04-04-2007, 08:59 AM
I say a swap of first round picks and the 3rd next year that Baltimore gave Buffalo in the McGahee trade.

camelcowboy
04-04-2007, 09:04 AM

Turner will not be given up for a couple of thirds. unlike the bills who wanted to get rid of willis. The chargers are not in a hurry to give up turner, any team that gets Turner will have to pay more then thirds. Running backs in the NFL lose value the more they play. Especially Willis with 3.9 ypc, Turners value is high because he's shown he can be affective on this level, but he doesn't have alot of ware. Turner is the closet thing to a draft running back, but he has veteran expierence.

Michael82
04-04-2007, 09:06 AM
I say a swap of first round picks and the 3rd next year that Baltimore gave Buffalo in the McGahee trade.
I'd do a swap of 1st round picks and then a conditional pick for next year. If Turner runs for over 1,500 yards, then I would give the Chargers a first rounder next year. If he runs for 1,200 then it's worth a 2nd rounder. If he turns for 1,000...give them a 3rd round pick.

gr8slayer
04-04-2007, 09:07 AM
I just wish something would happen. I'm getting tired of speculating.

Michael82
04-04-2007, 09:12 AM
I just wish something would happen. I'm getting tired of speculating.
Me too man! I really hope that he is in Buffalo today and the staff loves him and they agree to a contract with him, so then they can work on a trade for him.... :pray:

Tatonka
04-04-2007, 09:38 AM
I'd do a swap of 1st round picks and then a conditional pick for next year. If Turner runs for over 1,500 yards, then I would give then a first rounder next year. If he runs for 1,200 then it's worth a 2nd rounder. If he turns for 1,000...give them a 3rd round pick.

i was just thinking the same thing.. set the deal up like ricky williams deal was from new orleans.

give them our third this year and a third next year. the third next year can be conditional.. if he rushes for 1000 or less, it stays a 3rd, 1250 is a 2nd, 1500 or more and it is our 1st.

in my opinion, if turner actually rushed for over 1500 yards, the 1st rounder that they would be getting will be 20 or lower in the first round.

BILLSROCK1212
04-04-2007, 11:14 AM
LATEST BILLS NEWS Past News...
Wednesday April 4, 2007
Turner Scheduled To Visit: The agent for Michael Turner said the running back is expected to visit with the Bills. It appears the Titans are the front runners for his services with the Bills second. He has already visited Tennessee and they have begun contract negotiations with him. This is a two stage process with a new deal needed for Turner then compensation must be made to San Diego. At this point they are asking for the tender offer for the restricted free agent, a first and third round pick but they is room for negotiation.

http://www.billsdaily.com/news/index.shtml

ddaryl
04-04-2007, 11:15 AM
i was just thinking the same thing.. set the deal up like ricky williams deal was from new orleans.

give them our third this year and a third next year. the third next year can be conditional.. if he rushes for 1000 or less, it stays a 3rd, 1250 is a 2nd, 1500 or more and it is our 1st.

in my opinion, if turner actually rushed for over 1500 yards, the 1st rounder that they would be getting will be 20 or lower in the first round.

I'd tweak those conditionals a tad so that a 1st rd pick only happens if he gets a probowl nod + the 1500yds, and the 2nd rd pick if he just hits the 1500 yd mark, but I'm greedy and want us to get Turner and still have most of our picks this year and next.

I was thinking a swap of 2nd rd picks, our 1st 3rd this year and a 3rd in 2008 might do it, but I'm in the "armchair QB' speculation boat like the rest of ya.

Michael82
04-04-2007, 11:15 AM
How is that confirmed? All BillsDaily does is take blurbs from each article and writes it as their own info without giving credit to the different news articles. That specific blurb is the blurb we all saw in the Tennessee newspaper yesterday.

BILLSROCK1212
04-04-2007, 11:17 AM
How is that confirmed? All BillsDaily does is take blurbs from each article and writes it as their own info without giving credit to the different news articles. That specific blurb is the blurb we all saw in the Tennessee newspaper yesterday.Well it says in the article like I have said over and over that Turner's agent said Turner is coming to Buffalo today i just have never been able to find an article on it

Michael82
04-04-2007, 11:23 AM
Well it says in the article like I have said over and over that Turner's agent said Turner is coming to Buffalo today i just have never been able to find an article on it
That's because there isn't one. For some reason, the Buffalo side is being very quiet on this whole thing. Something has to be up at One Bills Drive or I'll be shocked. It's just too quiet. The only media reporting that story is the Tennessee newspapers. I haven't seen a Buffalo, Rochester or any surrounding area paper or news station report anything on Turner coming to Buffalo today. :sigh:

DraftBoy
04-04-2007, 11:27 AM
weird....

BILLSROCK1212
04-04-2007, 11:28 AM
That's because there isn't one. For some reason, the Buffalo side is being very quiet on this whole thing. Something has to be up at One Bills Drive or I'll be shocked. It's just too quiet. The only media reporting that story is the Tennessee newspapers. I haven't seen a Buffalo, Rochester or any surrounding area paper or news station report anything on Turner coming to Buffalo today. :sigh:yea there is one and the one I am talking about is the Tennessee newspaper if its not in the Buffalo newspapaers does it matter? I mean how many times does Bus Cook (Turner's agent) have to say he is coming to Buffalo fo ryou to believe him? It was even on NFL Live last night and they wouldn't say something that their people haven't confirmed. ESPN never reports something unless someone like John Clayton, Michael Smith, Len Pasquerelli or Chris Mortensen have confirmed it.

DraftBoy
04-04-2007, 11:29 AM
Not good that Tennessee cancelled their visit with Dillon...

Michael82
04-04-2007, 11:30 AM

a 3rd rounder this year won't do it. Even if you give a conditional pick next year. No way in hell. It would have to be at least a 2nd rounder from this year.

BILLSROCK1212
04-04-2007, 11:31 AM
Not good that Tennessee cancelled their visit with Dillon...they PPD his visit....what do you expect? they wouldn't have them in if they didn't believe they had a shot at Turner it doesnt mean that they are any closer to getting this deal done than the Bills are

jpdex12
04-04-2007, 11:32 AM
That's because there isn't one. For some reason, the Buffalo side is being very quiet on this whole thing. Something has to be up at One Bills Drive or I'll be shocked. It's just too quiet. The only media reporting that story is the Tennessee newspapers. I haven't seen a Buffalo, Rochester or any surrounding area paper or news station report anything on Turner coming to Buffalo today. :sigh:

Why would you wait to hear from some odd ball beat reporter at either of these papers? They are always late on confirming things. If you want to believe some nut wad newspaper dink...here's a Nashville paper article repeating speculation of the Buffalo visit.

http://nashvillecitypaper.com/index.cfm?section=33&screen=news&news_id=55481

Saratoga Slim
04-04-2007, 11:33 AM

I think it was just postponed. Which might mean that they think they're close, but it's not a done deal yet.

Speculation. I'm going to go ride out the suspense by actually doing some work. See you all in a few hours.

Michael82
04-04-2007, 11:34 AM
Why would you wait to hear from some odd ball beat reporter at either of these papers? They are always late on confirming things. If you want to believe some nut wad newspaper dink...here's a Nashville paper article repeating speculation of the Buffalo visit.

http://nashvillecitypaper.com/index.cfm?section=33&screen=news&news_id=55481
The problem that I have is that it's only coming from the agent's mouth. why would the agent lie? To get the Titans to pony up more money because it shows that there is another team just as interested in his client as they are.

Michael82
04-04-2007, 11:35 AM
The good news is that if San Diego is smart, they will most likely go to Buffalo with whatever deal that Tennesee is offering and try to get us to beat it.

BILLSROCK1212
04-04-2007, 11:37 AM
The good news is that if San Diego is smart, they will most likely go to Buffalo with whatever deal that Tennesee is offering and try to get us to beat it.that is exactly why I am not worried

Michael82
04-04-2007, 11:38 AM
that is exactly why I am not worried
with us having better picks than Tennesee....if Marv really wants to, he can outbid the Titans easily.

BILLSROCK1212
04-04-2007, 11:41 AM
with us having better picks than Tennesee....if Marv really wants to, he can outbid the Titans easily.if we don't get Turner it will either be because he is asking for waaaay too much or the Chargers are asking for waaay too much for him

acehole
04-04-2007, 11:42 AM
Me thinks Tennese wants lynch and is posturing so we jump on turner...I also think GB passes on Lynch in the first........
LATEST BILLS NEWS Past News...
Wednesday April 4, 2007
Turner Scheduled To Visit: The agent for Michael Turner said the running back is expected to visit with the Bills. It appears the Titans are the front runners for his services with the Bills second. He has already visited Tennessee and they have begun contract negotiations with him. This is a two stage process with a new deal needed for Turner then compensation must be made to San Diego. At this point they are asking for the tender offer for the restricted free agent, a first and third round pick but they is room for negotiation.

http://www.billsdaily.com/news/index.shtml

BILLSROCK1212
04-04-2007, 11:44 AM
Me thinks Tennese wants lynch and is posturing so we jump on turner...I also think GB passes on Lynch in the first........that would be nice

Michael82
04-04-2007, 11:50 AM
Me thinks Tennese wants lynch and is posturing so we jump on turner...I also think GB passes on Lynch in the first........
I hope you are right. I'd take Turner over Lynch 90% of the time. Lynch reminds me of another Willis McGahee so much. :ill:

Mr. Miyagi
04-04-2007, 11:54 AM
We should schedule a visit with [put your journeyman RB name here] and cancel it tomorrow. It'll look like we got Turner locked up. :up:

Mr. Miyagi
04-04-2007, 11:55 AM
I hope you are right. I'd take Turner over Lynch 90% of the time. Lynch reminds me of another Willis McGahee so much. :ill:
How so?

BILLSROCK1212
04-04-2007, 11:56 AM
We should schedule a visit with [put your journeyman RB name here] and cancel it tomorrow. It'll look like we got Turner locked up. :up:Kevin Barlow

lordofgun
04-04-2007, 11:58 AM
How is that confirmed? All BillsDaily does is take blurbs from each article and writes it as their own info without giving credit to the different news articles. That specific blurb is the blurb we all saw in the Tennessee newspaper yesterday.
exactly. locked.

Michael82
04-04-2007, 12:16 PM
WGR550- Chargers Running Back Michael Turner will pay a visit to One Bills Drive today.
Turner is a potential trade option for Buffalo. He is a quality back-up Running Back sitting behind MVP LaDainian Tomlinson on the depth chart.

Turner rushed for 502 yards and 2 touchdowns in 2006. He had a 6.3 yards per carry average. Turner also returned kicks for the Chargers last season averaging 26.5 yards per return.

http://www.wgr550.com/fullstory.php?id=2296

Michael82
04-04-2007, 12:17 PM
Now they might be just using the Tennesee papers as their story, but I'm betting that they got ahold of the the agent finally.

BILLSROCK1212
04-04-2007, 12:18 PM
see no one believed me but now that WGR550 said it that makes it fact....don't matter now cas he is in town come on Marver get er done

patmoran2006
04-04-2007, 12:18 PM
OK.. Now I am making my sign and taking a trip to the Ralph.. And IM driving past Denny's as well.

Michael82
04-04-2007, 12:19 PM
Now let's just wait for the Vcoach reports on our cell phones. My guess is that if he is really here, we will know from the Bills website by 5pm. :up:

Mr. Miyagi
04-04-2007, 12:19 PM
OK.. Now I am making my sign and taking a trip to the Ralph.. And IM driving past Denny's as well.
TGOJK get your car warmed up!

Saratoga Slim
04-04-2007, 12:22 PM
Good. When Tennessee postponed Dillon's visit I was pretty sure we'd be getting bad news soon. If he's still coming here the game must still be on.

Michael82
04-04-2007, 12:23 PM
If WGR is wrong, I'm going to call them up and ***** them out. :mad:

Mr. Miyagi
04-04-2007, 12:25 PM
Good. When Tennessee postponed Dillon's visit I was pretty sure we'd be getting bad news soon. If he's still coming here the game must still be on.
Everyone's posturing. Every move is a poker move guys. Don't be so gullable.

ddaryl
It would be cool if there was a welcome wagon at OBD for Turner.

Now I'm going to have another unproductive day at work as I spend most of my day loggin on to the network and checking Billszone forums regularly.

I say this deal is getting done. My gut says that marv wants Turner in the backfield so he can do some other creative things in the draft.

Mudflap1
People, start listening to Sirius also... they seem to break stories about potential signings!

BILLSROCK1212, your sensationalistic posts about Turner coming without it being confirmed are EXACTLY the reasons you're being banned!!! ;)

Pat, make sure you do a pass through at Denny's, and maybe the diner across the street that's for sale...

Jon

BILLSROCK1212
04-04-2007, 12:27 PM
People, start listening to Sirius also... they seem to break stories about potential signings!

BILLSROCK1212, your sensationalistic posts about Turner coming without it being confirmed are EXACTLY the reasons you're being banned!!! ;)

Pat, make sure you do a pass through at Denny's, and maybe the diner across the street that's for sale...

Jonmudflap1 don't scare me like that again

Mudflap1
04-04-2007, 12:27 PM
gotcha! ;)

Jon

Mr. Miyagi
04-04-2007, 12:32 PM
mudflap1 don't scare me like that again
Then you better start kissing some mod ass very soon!

BILLSROCK1212
04-04-2007, 12:37 PM
Then you better start kissing some mod ass very soon!is this a warning? ahhhhhhhhh

justasportsfan
04-04-2007, 12:41 PM
Could you please grab TGOJK a bite . He hasn't had anything to eat yet.

Romes
04-04-2007, 12:43 PM
Its reported in the Buff news too http://www.buffalonews.com/111/story/46650.html

justasportsfan
04-04-2007, 12:43 PM
see no one believed me but now that WGR550 said it that makes it fact....
your friends are poor.

BILLSROCK1212
04-04-2007, 12:47 PM
your friends are poor.but I am rich

alohabillsfan
04-04-2007, 01:14 PM
BUFFALO

jamesiscool
04-04-2007, 01:16 PM
BUFFALO

.......good for u? do u have anything to say that haasnt already been said?

gr8slayer
04-04-2007, 01:16 PM
How so?

alohabillsfan
04-04-2007, 01:19 PM
CAN'T LINK IT UNTIL 3:45 pm

gr8slayer
04-04-2007, 01:19 PM
:spam: until then.

jamesiscool
04-04-2007, 01:20 PM
what do u mean "confirmed the presence". that he's here? or that he's signed?

alohabillsfan
04-04-2007, 01:22 PM
That Michael Turner is in BUFFALO

madness
04-04-2007, 01:22 PM

I hope that's because we signed him. If he's in Buffalo, Marv's keeping it hush for a reason. Please tell me that's the reason.

gr8slayer
04-04-2007, 01:23 PM
It has already been confirmed a thousand times now.

Mr. Miyagi
04-04-2007, 01:24 PM
So?

I have a secret little birdie who told me that Tom Brady likes it up the ass.

Where's the news?

gil
04-04-2007, 01:24 PM
So, is it Turner's call where he goes - I know these visits are about potentially getting a contract in place first, but in the end, isn't it up to SD to accept a trade offer?

I'm sure this has been covered in the other 30 Turner threads, but now that it seems our interest has been actually confirmed, I'm curious.

gr8slayer
04-04-2007, 01:26 PM
So, is it Turner's call where he goes - I know these visits are about potentially getting a contract in place first, but in the end, isn't it up to SD to accept a trade offer?

I'm sure this has been covered in the other 30 Turner threads, but now that it seems our interest has been actually confirmed, I'm curious.
Yup.

Devin
04-04-2007, 01:29 PM
Threads merged. A new thread isnt need for the same thing ever 5 minutes.

jamesiscool
04-04-2007, 01:29 PM
:spam:

gr8slayer
04-04-2007, 01:31 PM
Threads merged. A new thread isnt need for the same thing ever 5 minutes.
Ah man, I was just about to start one.

Devin
04-04-2007, 01:37 PM
I can confirm the confirmation that confirms Turner is in buffalo.

:rolleyes:

mikemac2001
04-04-2007, 01:48 PM
they moved my turner thread to spam haha

i log on and half the page was turner in buffalo come on dont need that many

camelcowboy
04-04-2007, 02:08 PM
He's visiting the giants tomorrow per wgr

Mr. Miyagi
04-04-2007, 02:12 PM
Because the Giants with Jacobs and Droughns really need another back? :idunno:

camelcowboy
04-04-2007, 02:14 PM

Their new GM really looks like a dud,

Michael82
04-04-2007, 02:41 PM
:rofl: That one makes no sense!

HHURRICANE
04-04-2007, 03:00 PM

No because they didn't offer enough for McGahee. Maybe they'll trade Jacobs to us.

BILLSROCK1212
04-04-2007, 03:10 PM
http://www.buffalobills.com/billsclipstoday/

I guess this ends all the speculation.

Philagape
04-04-2007, 03:14 PM
No, the speculation ended in the OTHER threads

BILLSROCK1212
04-04-2007, 03:15 PM
No, the speculation ended in the OTHER threadsthe other ones started by me?

Romes
04-04-2007, 03:16 PM
did this require a new thread?

clumping platelets
04-04-2007, 03:16 PM
:movie:

Philagape
04-04-2007, 03:17 PM
I don't give a crap who starts them, unless they're spam. I believe the merged Turner thread has someone else's name on it.