PDA

View Full Version : Conks to start in net for these last 3 games?

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
04-03-2007, 10:10 PM
I think he does, we've locked up the whole Eastern Conf. what else do we have to play for? these 3 games mean nothing, give Miller a rest so he will be fresh for the playoffs. Conklin has only played in 2 games the whole year. The Sabres gotta play him more to see what he has just in case something does happen to Miller and what a great time to do this than now!

chubluv
04-03-2007, 10:13 PM
I dont think it would be a good idea to sit Miller all 3 games. i think he should sit against the Flyers. That way he has a few days rest.

Bill Brasky
04-03-2007, 10:17 PM
I think he does, we've locked up the whole Eastern Conf. what else do we have to play for? these 3 games mean nothing

president's trophy. i want it. give miller a night off... not 3 in a row. bad move before the playoffs. we need him on his game. all championship hopes rest on his shoulders.

SpillerThrills
04-03-2007, 10:26 PM
I dont think it would be a good idea to sit Miller all 3 games. i think he should sit against the Flyers. That way he has a few days rest.

I'm thinking let him sit next game, and maybe the following one.... but play him atleast 1 game. I'd like to see it be against the flyers and Marty..... think of the story line, on national tv.... Miller vs. Biron. #1 vs. #2. old sabre vs. current sabres..... I wanna see that match up!!

THATHURMANATOR
Exactly Freeman. I don't want to be on the road for game seven in the Cup finals because we rested Miller for a couple games.

Meathead
look theres something lindy knows that we dont know. i dont know what that is but we all realize conventional wisdom would dictate giving miller more rest than hes received down the stretch with little for the sabres to play for. lindy knows that too and for him to eschew that approach to ironman miller clearly means he knows full well what hes doing and to him its for a good reason. thats good enough for me

with that in mind, play miller however you see fit lindy. sure, part of me says let him sip martinis with big breasted women fanning him and feeding him grapes the last three games, but maybe thats not what you think is best

just do it brah. i have faith in your judgement

BlackMetalNinja
04-04-2007, 05:16 AM
Wow, didn't I just start this thread like 3 days ago...

YardRat
04-04-2007, 06:03 AM
Conk's may play one game. but I wouldn't expect more.

Miller has a shot at breaking the team record for victories (not that it's important to the overall goal.)

SabreEleven
04-04-2007, 08:37 AM
I think he does, we've locked up the whole Eastern Conf. what else do we have to play for? these 3 games mean nothing, give Miller a rest so he will be fresh for the playoffs. Conklin has only played in 2 games the whole year. The Sabres gotta play him more to see what he has just in case something does happen to Miller and what a great time to do this than now!

Conklin only played 2 games all YEAR? Only for the Sabres. He played for the Blue Jackets, too. Giving a goalie over a whole week off of playing is way too much....He'll play in at least 1 if not 2 games for the rest of the year.

Michael82
04-04-2007, 09:00 AM
I'd like to see Miller against the Capitals and that's it.

OpIv37
04-04-2007, 09:22 AM
I'd like to see Miller against the Capitals and that's it.

I agree, cuz I'll be at that game :up:.

Last time in DC, Miller was off and got pulled early, but Biron turned out to be even worse. At one point on a Caps breakaway, he came out nearly to the top of the circle to try to cut off the angle- they passed the puck around him and scored on a wide open net. It was probably the easiest goal with a goalie on the ice in the history of the NHL.

JD
04-04-2007, 09:48 AM
This is not the NFL. Miller needs to stay on his game.

Either have him play these next two, then start conks. Or have Conks play the next two, then start Miller against Philly.

Michael82
04-04-2007, 12:06 PM
This is not the NFL. Miller needs to stay on his game.

Either have him play these next two, then start conks. Or have Conks play the next two, then start Miller against Philly.
or have Miller play the next game only and then finish the season with Conklin starting against the Capitals and the Flyers.

mchurchfie
04-04-2007, 12:36 PM
Miller will play at least two of the three, count on it.:up:

Philagape
04-04-2007, 02:37 PM
There's no reason to alter the regular rotation now ... there's still the top seed overall to chase. Plus, I'd rather have Miller going into the playoffs at the pace he's comfortable with. Don't change anything.