PDA

View Full Version : Joyner: Evans = HOF Talent

gr8slayer
04-04-2007, 08:07 AM
Andrew (Syracuse, N.Y.): Lee Evans has "Hall of Fame" talent? Are you kidding me? KC, I think you've had one too many.

Joyner: I can promise you that inebriation had nothing to do with my comments on Evans. He led the NFL last season with a 10.6 yards per attempt. This wasn't an anomaly, either, because he also led the league in this category in 2004. He is well known as a dominant deep pass threat, but also placed in the top 10 in short pass YPA in 2006.

Given Buffalo's lack of a quality No. 2 wide receiver, Evans' ability to post this level of performance is simply amazing. This isn't to say I think Evans will be a Hall of Famer, because he can't even get elected to the Pro Bowl. But the numbers do prove he has that kind of talent.

ublinkwescore
04-04-2007, 08:36 AM
Let's hope he continues to play like this, but doesn't make too many probowls.

gr8slayer
04-04-2007, 08:41 AM
Let's hope he continues to play like this, but doesn't make too many probowls.
If he was playing anywhere other than Buffalo he would have made it last year and probably been a starter.

ublinkwescore
04-04-2007, 08:43 AM
Yeah, true, but the probowl is over-rated, and it usually equals having to pay popular talent more that maybe isn't necessarily even top 5 in the league at his given position.

gr8slayer
04-04-2007, 08:44 AM
Yeah, true, but the probowl is over-rated, and it usually equals having to pay popular talent more that maybe isn't necessarily even top 5 in the league at his given position.
I don't disagree.

gr8slayer
04-04-2007, 09:07 AM
Must re-sign Evans Marv.