PDA

View Full Version : Vikings Sign Mike Doss

gr8slayer
04-04-2007, 08:56 AM
Vikings signed S Mike Doss to a one-year, $1 million contract.
Doss, formerly a league-average starter for the Colts, is rehabbing a torn ACL but said to be ahead of schedule. The Vikings' depth chart at safety now includes Doss, Tank Williams, Dwight Smith, Darren Sharper, and Greg Blue. Smith was arrested in 2006, signed a contract without a signing bonus, and lost a big supporter in Mike Tomlin. He'll likely be cut.

Michael82
04-04-2007, 08:59 AM
I wondered when he would finally sign. :shocked:

gr8slayer
04-04-2007, 09:01 AM
I wondered when he would finally sign. :shocked:
Me too but only one year for one million? That sucks.

Michael82
04-04-2007, 09:14 AM
Me too but only one year for one million? That sucks.
yup, what a shame. He was looking like he could be a pretty good safety, but had off the field troubles and then the injury. Hopefully he'll break thru on the depth chart. I have him on my BZFL sim team.

BILLSROCK1212
04-04-2007, 10:55 AM
POSTED 9:09 a.m. EDT; LAST UPDATED 11:13 a.m. EDT, April 4, 2007

DOSS TO VIKINGS

Adam Schefter of NFL Network reports that free-agent safety Mike Doss signed a one-year, $1 million contract on Tuesday night with the Minnesota Vikings.

Doss likely will be penciled in as the starting strong safety in Minnesota's Tampa 2 defense, which is the same scheme that the Colts use. He'll be paired with veteran Darren Sharper.

The former Ohio State standout is the fourth member of the Colts' defense to leave in the wake of the team's Super Bowl XLI victory. Cornerback Nick Harper signed with the Titans and weakside linebacker Cato June joined the Bucs. Defensive tackle Montae Reagor was released, and signed with the Eagles.

On offense, receiver Brandon Stokley was released. He later signed with the Broncos.

Surprisingly, however, none of the Colts free agents were able to parlay their Super Bowl pedigrees into huge paydays. In past years, teams were more likely to overpay members of the Super Bowl champion, largely for the "sizzle" factor that comes from saying, "We might never win a Super Bowl of our own, but at least one of our players recently has."

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm