PDA

View Full Version : Im thinking Turner's not here?

patmoran2006
04-04-2007, 10:29 AM
I have searched every online source I know like crazy, I emailed someone much closer to being in the "know".............and I've listened to AOL and WGR radio all morning long since I gotten into work.

And to this point, I havent heard a single mention of Turner being in Buffalo today for a visit.

In fact, what I have heard doesnt bode well. I've heard that Tenn and SD have begun negotiations on compensation for turner, and that although some reports have said it was Corey Dillon who postponed his trip to Tenn today Until "late this week or early next week" that it was actually the Titans who did the postponing.

That sucks. I really want this guy. Kevin Barlow and Chris Brown blow balls, we cant be having a rotation where A-Train is the BETTER RB.

has anybody heard ANYTHING today about Turner?

Canadian'eh!
04-04-2007, 10:30 AM
I heard he's NOT bigger than Joey Porter.

djjimkelly
04-04-2007, 10:31 AM
I have searched every online source I know like crazy, I emailed someone much closer to being in the "know".............and I've listened to AOL and WGR radio all morning long since I gotten into work.

And to this point, I havent heard a single mention of Turner being in Buffalo today for a visit.

In fact, what I have heard doesnt bode well. I've heard that Tenn and SD have begun negotiations on compensation for turner, and that although some reports have said it was Corey Dillon who postponed his trip to Tenn today Until "late this week or early next week" that it was actually the Titans who did the postponing.

That sucks. I really want this guy. Kevin Barlow and Chris Brown blow balls, we cant be having a rotation where A-Train is the BETTER RB.

ok lol i wouldnt be impressed with any of those 3 rbs u named as our starter but chris brown is better running back then A train at this point of their careers

Mr. Miyagi
04-04-2007, 10:33 AM

Back to the Marshawn Lynch bandwagon. :up:

Saratoga Slim
04-04-2007, 10:44 AM
I'm getting the same vibe. I think Tenny's going to lock it down. They're in more or less the same position as us: one questionable back with Chris Brown waiting in the wings as the backup plan. I'd actually feel better going into the season with Anthony Thomas as the featured back than Lendale White. Plus we at least have the option of drafting Marshawn Lynch, while he'll likely be off the board by the time Tennessee drafts (if we don't take him GB probably will).

So I guess you could say Tennessee is actually a little more desparate than we are.

BILLSROCK1212
04-04-2007, 10:46 AM
I was watching NFL Live last night and they said Turner was coming to Buffalo and so did Turner's agent Bus Cook, in an interview with a Nashville newspapaer.

justasportsfan
04-04-2007, 10:46 AM
Go anyways PAT. TGOJK is already there . Car is all warmed up and tank is full in case he misses the first try.

madness
04-04-2007, 10:52 AM
I'm getting the same vibe. I think Tenny's going to lock it down. They're in more or less the same position as us: one questionable back with Chris Brown waiting in the wings as the backup plan. I'd actually feel better going into the season with Anthony Thomas as the featured back than Lendale White. Plus we at least have the option of drafting Marshawn Lynch, while he'll likely be off the board by the time Tennessee drafts (if we don't take him GB probably will).

So I guess you could say Tennessee is actually a little more desparate than we are.

and they are probably spewing out crap that Vince Young is a good QB whose arm will take them to the SB.

Saratoga Slim
04-04-2007, 11:04 AM
and they are probably spewing out crap that Vince Young is a good QB whose arm will take them to the SB.

I think he's going to be a very good quarterback. I wasn't sure at draft time last year, but he sure looked like he's got some talent last year. Low completion percentage, but that'll improve.

madness
04-04-2007, 11:11 AM
I think he's going to be a very good quarterback. I wasn't sure at draft time last year, but he sure looked like he's got some talent last year. Low completion percentage, but that'll improve.

:snicker:

<TABLE width=678 border=1><TBODY><TR><TD width=40 bgColor=#cccccc>

</TD><TD width=79 height=49>
http://www.thebrushback.com/titans_30.gif

</TD><TD width=56>
QB

</TD><TD width=266>
Vince Young

</TD><TD width=106>
Texas

</TD><TD width=90 height=42>
SR

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE width=678 border=1><TBODY><TR><TD width=667 bgColor=#cccccc>Throwing the ball sidearm can actually be pretty effective if you’re playing baseball because it upsets the batter’s timing. In football, it tends to result in passes wedged in the linebacker’s face mask.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

theanswer74
04-04-2007, 11:15 AM
Vic Carucci said it on sirius radio, but he also said the Titans are the more desperate team.

Michael82
04-04-2007, 11:18 AM
I don't see how the Titans can afford to give a 1st round pick for a RB when they already wasted a 1st round pick on LenDale White last year and kept him over Travis Henry. :shakeno:

PIZ
04-04-2007, 11:18 AM
Why would someone who wants to make a name for himself sign with the Vince Titans, I mean Tennessee Titans? I mean, it would get old to be a player on that team and all you hear about is Vince Young. You rush for 150 yards a 1 TD and the reporter asks, "what is it like to have a guy like Vince Young as your quarterback?"

Michael82
04-04-2007, 11:19 AM
I don't believe any of the stuff that's going on. I think that Marv is quietly working on bringing Turner in here and will try to get him signed so he can agree to a trade. It makes no sense for OBD to be as silent as they are on this issue unless they are silently working behind the curtains on something.

patmoran2006
04-04-2007, 11:19 AM
I refuse to even acknowledge anyone who says that Vince Young sucks as a QB..

That's one of the 10 dumbest things football-wise I've ever heard in my entire life.. ever

Michael82
04-04-2007, 11:20 AM
Or maybe Marv is drooling over Adrian Peterson falling to us and wants to wait it out.... :idunno:

Michael82
04-04-2007, 11:21 AM
Why would someone who wants to make a name for himself sign with the Vince Titans, I mean Tennessee Titans? I mean, it would get old to be a player on that team and all you hear about is Vince Young. You rush for 150 yards a 1 TD and the reporter asks, "what is it like to have a guy like Vince Young as your quarterback?"
:rofl: Good point! Young is the next Michael Vick. An overrated QB that the media wants to shove down our throats just because he's exciting to watch and knows how to run the ball, but sucks at throwing the ball.

patmoran2006
Or maybe Marv is drooling over Adrian Peterson falling to us and wants to wait it out.... :idunno:
i wish you were right, but these Mocks outthere are crazy, AP isnt lasting til 12..

AP, WIllis and Landry are three prospects that bills fans, including myself should train to get out of our heads.

Ickybaluky
I don't see how the Titans can afford to give a 1st round pick for a RB when they already wasted a 1st round pick on LenDale White last year and kept him over Travis Henry. :shakeno:

Lendale White was a 2nd round pick.

Plus, I think he ate Chris Brown, which is why he hasn't been heard from in a while.

patmoran2006
04-04-2007, 11:23 AM
I would think if Turner was in town by now, that Chris Brown would have mention of it, or somewhere on the site.

So I highly doubt that it's true at all. at least until this point, if he even comes at all.

Michael82
04-04-2007, 11:24 AM
i wish you were right, but these Mocks outthere are crazy, AP isnt lasting til 12..

AP, WIllis and Landry are three prospects that bills fans, including myself should train to get out of our heads.
I wouldn't be surprised if Marv tries to work out a trade up to get Peterson. Something tells me that he really likes Peterson. In BillsDigest, they were raving about him and said that the card would be at the podium before the clock even started if he was there.

madness
04-04-2007, 11:25 AM

That's because you've been sucking his knob since day 1. Then again, I guess I could see how hard it would be to know what an awful passer he is when your face is planted in his crotch the whole time.

JJamezz

Plus, I think he ate Chris Brown, which is why he hasn't been heard from in a while.

:rofl:

Michael82

:rofl: Ate Chris Brown? :lmao:

Yeah, you're right...it was a 2nd rounder. Either way, I can't see them giving up their 1st rounder no matter what and if they do, see ya Turner. :(

Michael82
04-04-2007, 11:27 AM
I would think if Turner was in town by now, that Chris Brown would have mention of it, or somewhere on the site.

So I highly doubt that it's true at all. at least until this point, if he even comes at all.
Chris Brown only reports what the Buffalo Bills want him to report. Hell, look how long it took him to say ANTHING on Dockery and the other signings. They were here earlier, but he didn't report it til the mid afternoon. and also, don't forget the trades....Brown was one of the last to report it. :ill:

patmoran2006
04-04-2007, 11:27 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if Marv tries to work out a trade up to get Peterson. Something tells me that he really likes Peterson. In BillsDigest, they were raving about him and said that the card would be at the podium before the clock even started if he was there.
I agree and it wouldnt shock me at all either. I dont know what the problem that some people on here have with AP.

Gruden a few days ago called AP the best RB coming out of college he's ever seen. Remember he ran for like 1800 yards as a FRESHMAN?

He's had some injuries, it happens... So did Thurm in school. Its not like he gets the same injury over and over.

At any rate: I dont think it happens, he'd have to move up to far and give up too much to get AP-- and this team left far too many holes in FA to be afforded that luxury.

billsburgh
04-04-2007, 11:29 AM

That's one of the 10 dumbest things football-wise I've ever heard in my entire life.. ever
this coming from the person who says that Paul Pozluszny sucks.

TigerJ
04-04-2007, 11:40 AM
I listened to WGR this morning and did hear Turner is in town.

Michael82
04-04-2007, 11:46 AM
Anyone else waiting to hear their phone beep with the VCoach message that says San Diego Chargers RB Michael Turner is in town. ?

Anyone else checking the BuffaloBills.com to see if they say anything on there?

:ontome:

capitolneal
04-04-2007, 11:49 AM
:rofl: Good point! Young is the next Michael Vick. An overrated QB that the media wants to shove down our throats just because he's exciting to watch and knows how to run the ball, but sucks at throwing the ball.

He single handly made the titans a play-off team some players are destined for greatness he has been that in HS, COLLEGE, now the PROS... he put UT on his back and got the ring against a favored USC sqaud I would give ANY PLAYER on our roster for him and JP

Michael82
04-04-2007, 11:52 AM
He single handly made the titans a play-off team some players are destined for greatness he has been that in HS, COLLEGE, now the PROS... he put UT on his back and got the ring against a favored USC sqaud I would give ANY PLAYER on our roster for him and JP
:rofl: I love when people say that. How could one player singlehandedly win you all those games? Come on! The Titans are a young team and they needed to gel together. They got better as the season went on and that it's partially because of Young, but not totally.

HHURRICANE
04-04-2007, 12:01 PM

Vick looked awesome when he finally saw the field and we all know how that's turned out so far. I like my QB to throw first, run second. Take away Youngs rushing stats and "sucks" is the only way to describe him.

He's a great athlete, just like Vick. Starting QB?? This is the Culpepper story all over again.

patmoran2006
04-04-2007, 12:04 PM
Vick looked awesome when he finally saw the field and we all know how that's turned out so far. I like my QB to throw first, run second. Take away Youngs rushing stats and "sucks" is the only way to describe him.

He's a great athlete, just like Vick. Starting QB?? This is the Culpepper story all over again.
and what was his record again last year as a rookie playing with basically a bad team with NO Wr's?

Michael82
04-04-2007, 12:08 PM

Excellent! :bf1:

Ickybaluky
04-04-2007, 12:22 PM
I understand what people are saying, but Young is impressive. First of all, he is a lot bigger than Vick at 6'5", which is Pro size. Secondly, he threw 12 TDs and ran for 7 in 13 starts, which is great for a rookie. His intangibles are great, the guy is a natural leader.

If you watched him last year, he looked like a rookie a lot. However, he improved dramatically as the year when along.

Comp%:

Sep - 41.7%
Oct - 48.9%
Nov - 50.8%
Dec - 56%

QB Rating:

Sep - 56.4
Oct - 61.6
Nov - 67.2
Dec - 72.0

Given how raw he was when he came in the league, the fact he got better shows his promise. His ceiling is very high.

Granted, he has to continue to be more efficient and complete a higher percentage of his passes. He also needs to do a better job protecting the ball, as he fumbled too much (a common problem with young QB). However, he was impressive last year. If I were a Titan's fan, I'd be excited.

Michael82
04-04-2007, 12:25 PM
I understand what people are saying, but Young is impressive. First of all, he is a lot bigger than Vick at 6'5", which is Pro size. Secondly, he threw 12 TDs and ran for 7 in 13 starts, which is great for a rookie. His intangibles are great, the guy is a natural leader.

If you watched him last year, he looked like a rookie a lot. However, he improved dramatically as the year when along.

Comp%:

Sep - 41.7%
Oct - 48.9%
Nov - 50.8%
Dec - 56%

QB Rating:

Sep - 56.4
Oct - 61.6
Nov - 67.2
Dec - 72.0

Given how raw he was when he came in the league, the fact he got better shows his promise. His ceiling is very high.

Granted, he has to continue to be more efficient and complete a higher percentage of his passes. He also needs to do a better job protecting the ball, as he fumbled too much (a common problem with young QB). However, he was impressive last year. If I were a Titan's fan, I'd be excited.
Look at how bad he looked in the Pro Bowl. I know it's only the Pro Bowl, but he was pretty bad!

Ickybaluky
04-04-2007, 12:30 PM
Look at how bad he looked in the Pro Bowl. I know it's only the Pro Bowl, but he was pretty bad!

Yeah, OK Mikey. That isn't even a real game.

Peyton Manning sucked in the Pro Bowl as well. You think he sucks?

Michael82
04-04-2007, 12:32 PM
Yeah, OK Mikey. That isn't even a real game.

Peyton Manning sucked in the Pro Bowl as well. You think he sucks?
:rofl: I knew it was a dumb post, but I really feel that he will be exposed soon. Once you contain his running, his passing doesn't scare me. Just keep him in that pocket.

Michael82
04-04-2007, 12:34 PM
What I really meant to say was that I think that the Patriots proved that he can be stopped. Look at what he did in the final game of the season....

<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=home align=left><TD class=home colSpan=5>PASSING</TD></TR><TR class=bg4 align=middle><TD> </TD><TD>CP/AT</TD><TD>YDS</TD><TD>TD</TD><TD>INT</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>V. Young (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/424340)</TD><TD>15/36</TD><TD>227</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>2</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Philagape
04-04-2007, 02:34 PM
I don't care what a QB does as long as he helps his team win. If that means riding a unicycle backwards, so be it.

Hammertime
04-04-2007, 03:16 PM

I picture you standing alone outside the Ralph in the cold with your sign. The guys at One Bills Drive are inside pointing at you and laughing. Funny/sad.

Al13
04-04-2007, 04:13 PM

if you like QB´s who run first before checking through progressions (probably because he is not bright enough to know whats happening anyways) and will complete passes at around 50 % then you would love VY thats right

B-DON
04-04-2007, 04:40 PM
You guys have to be joking right? I love JP but i would take Young over him in a heartbeat. If He would have gotten the strating nod in training camp the titans would have surely made the playoffs. remember jp's first season and second season at that? they were nothing compared to what vince is about to do

patmoran2006
04-04-2007, 04:47 PM
if you like QB&#180;s who run first before checking through progressions (probably because he is not bright enough to know whats happening anyways) and will complete passes at around 50 % then you would love VY thats right
No, but I like QB's who had back-to-back two of the best Bowl games in Rose Bowl history-- and then came to the NFL and had a winning record once starting as a rookie on a team that wasnt very good and with WR's that less than 15% of the people on here could name three of.

As for his ****ty completion %
A- He's a rookie. I dont remember Eli, Peyton or too many others lighting it up in year one.

B- When a playoff opportunity was still on the line in week 16, in a game AT Buffalo nonetheless; Young didnt have many problems completing 65% of his passes for 183 yards and a pair of TD's with no picks.... Nor did he have much resistance running for 68 more with another TD. Mind you against a team at home that was desperate for a win to stay in the playoff hunt.

When you're a winner, you're a winner. Vince Young is a winner, period. you can have all the Dan Marino, Warren Moon, Dan Fouts, etc "stat guys" you want. I'll take the winner, even if he's "stupid"