PDA

View Full Version : Back up QB fo JP?

BILLSROCK1212
04-04-2007, 10:57 AM
TERRY TAKES UP FOR TIM

By all accounts, Terry Bradshaw wasn't upset when rumors of his demise circulated a couple of months ago. In contrast, however, he's pissed off that fellow Lousiana Tech alum Tim Rattay currently has no job.

"I don't understand it," Bradshaw said earlier this week. "Tim isn't a problem, he's a great guy in the locker room. He played great those last four games in Tampa Bay last season and he doesn't get a chance?

"They made a mistake," Bradshaw said of the Bucs' decision to bring in a boatload of quarterbacks but not bring back Rattay. "The West Coast offense needs a guy who's smart, accurate and can throws passes to the right people. That's Tim."

At a time when there really aren't that many great quarterbacks available, we tend to agree with Bradshaw. Why haven't the Raiders called Rattay? Or the Vikings?

In Minnesota, Rattay instantly would go to the top of the depth chart. And he likely could "manage" a game far better than former starter Brad Johnson, who primarily "managed" to throw a bunch of stupid interceptions last year.

Rattay turned 30 last month, and still has at least five or six years in his arm. Maybe more. So we agree with Bradshaw; the fact that Rattay isn't on an NFL roster really makes no sense.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

I think he would be the best option for us to back up JP next season.

THATHURMANATOR
04-04-2007, 11:04 AM
Nall Ball baby Nall ball

casdhf
04-04-2007, 11:04 AM
WCO ... no for Buffalo

TigerJ
04-04-2007, 11:39 AM
I think Rattay has some ability, and he might be a great character guy, but he doesn't make a lot of sense as a Buffalo free agent signee. Craig Nall may not have regular season playing time having backed up an iron man for most of his career, but he really seems to think like a veteran and doesn't give any indication he'd have the jitters if he had to come in and play. Plus, he has a major league arm. That means Buffalo really doesn't need a second string guy, the position for which Rattay makes the most sense. I think Buffalo is loking to fill the third string spot with a developmental guy, a college player who has tools and upside, but didn't have the chance to develop as fully as say a Brady Quinn. There are a number of guys like that the Bills can pick from in the last three rounds of the draft or even find among the undrafted.

Ickybaluky
04-04-2007, 11:40 AM
I like Rattay. I agree with Bradshaw, it is amazing nobody has signed the guy considering some of the crap teams have at QB.

BILLSROCK1212
04-04-2007, 11:43 AM
I like Rattay. I agree with Bradshaw, it is amazing nobody has signed the guy considering some of the crap teams have at QB.i still believe that the 49ers should've kept him as their starter and draft Braylon Edwards instead of Alex D. Smith

Typ0
04-04-2007, 03:18 PM
I think Rattay has some ability, and he might be a great character guy, but he doesn't make a lot of sense as a Buffalo free agent signee. Craig Nall may not have regular season playing time having backed up an iron man for most of his career, but he really seems to think like a veteran and doesn't give any indication he'd have the jitters if he had to come in and play. Plus, he has a major league arm. That means Buffalo really doesn't need a second string guy, the position for which Rattay makes the most sense. I think Buffalo is loking to fill the third string spot with a developmental guy, a college player who has tools and upside, but didn't have the chance to develop as fully as say a Brady Quinn. There are a number of guys like that the Bills can pick from in the last three rounds of the draft or even find among the undrafted.

How can one say? We haven't really seen Nall play and thinking like a vet translates to making mature decisions on the field.

raphael120
04-04-2007, 03:24 PM
i love how every free agent in the history of the nfl is being discussed as potentially being a buffalo bill....get over it guys

BILLSROCK1212
04-04-2007, 03:42 PM
i love how every free agent in the history of the nfl is being discussed as potentially being a buffalo bill....get over it guyshow many more FA QBs are left out there? that is why i posted this

patmoran2006
04-04-2007, 05:24 PM
http://www.ohiostatejersey.net/ohiostatefootballjersey2.jpg

gr8slayer
04-05-2007, 09:25 AM
Please no.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
04-05-2007, 11:03 AM

YES! He'll be there in the second round, and I'll bet he will turn out to be a better NFL QB than Brady Quinn, given time.

Mr. Pink
04-05-2007, 11:13 AM
Troy Smith will still be there in Round 3. I wouldn't be too opposed at taking him.

Spiderweb
04-05-2007, 11:17 AM
Troy Smith will still be there in Round 3. I wouldn't be too opposed at taking him.

After spending the previous 20 years in Dayton, OH, having Buckeye football shoved down our throats (mostly by my brother-in-law), and watching him play, I'd say stay away from him unless he's available on day 2 of the draft. Very good athlete, for a QB, but not a great QB in and of itself.

Night Train
04-05-2007, 11:23 AM
I love the Buckeyes but there is no way in hell I want Troy Smith.

We have needs at RB,LB ,#2 WR, CB obviously...

and were thinking about a 3rd string QB ? This year ?

NO